As simple as that. I've listened to flac music (free lossless audio codec) on my blackberry curve 8520 for so long (despite of all those people saying otherwise on internet), but now I'm trying to play a 24-bit flac file and it only makes awful noise.

Can this BB play such audio resolution? Just wondering, but I'm afraid it can't, it seems to be too much power.
    02-09-12 11:10 AM
    I'm a fairly snobbish audiophile as well and far prefer lossless (FLAC etc) to lossy (mp3) format music files. In the interest of conserving space on my 8530 however I've opted just to go the mp3 route. I save my more discerning music in FLAC files on my laptop and just convert them to mp3 on my phone. I suspect FLAC24 is out of the question on a BB Curve but I'm interested to see if anyone has any luck with it.
    idrgskywalker likes this.
    02-10-12 10:29 PM
    Here is the question now,

Can you play FLAC 24 bits on a brand spanking new Z10?
    02-27-13 12:19 PM
    Just checked a local store's stock Z30 with my test 2gig MSD card that had 24 bit FLAC from a ripped SACD on it. (used foobar to rip the audio).

Z30 played the 24bit FLAC files perfectly. Excellent quality sound too. Test earbuds were Shure 425's so the ability to now play back not just 16 bit, but also 24 bit music was greatly appreciated and very, very, very long awaited.

Compared the sound Q by unplugging the buds from the Z30, then into my old standby Android. Sound Q, which was stellar on the Android, was just as good, if not better on the Z30. Great work BB!

Updating a Z10 as I write. Will see if it plays 24 bit now or if sound Q improves, as its OEM sound Q was crap.
    02-27-14 12:46 AM
    Just did the Z10 update and it now plays 24bit FLAC. Native sound Q has improved too. Nice!
    02-27-14 01:20 AM
    Just checked a local store's stock Z30 with my test 2gig MSD card that had 24 bit FLAC from a ripped SACD on it. (used foobar to rip the audio).

Z30 played the 24bit FLAC files perfectly. Excellent quality sound too. Test earbuds were Shure 425's so the ability to now play back not just 16 bit, but also 24 bit music was greatly appreciated and very, very, very long awaited.

Compared the sound Q by unplugging the buds from the Z30, then into my old standby Android. Sound Q, which was stellar on the Android, was just as good, if not better on the Z30. Great work BB!

Updating a Z10 as I write. Will see if it plays 24 bit now or if sound Q improves, as its OEM sound Q was crap.
    Greetings! i saw your post and then went to checked my q10, definitely the 10.2.1 update allows the device to play these 24bit flacs files, still dunt know if these files were played "natively" or have been downsampled to 44or48/16bit... u have any info?
    04-07-14 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD