I've built themes for the 83xx series but there is no template in Theme Builder for the 8520. How are you guys getting around this? I'm using Theme Builder version 4.7 which is the newest right?
    10-02-09 01:26 PM
    There is an updated patch for themebuilder. Just go to the plazmic website, download and install.
    10-02-09 04:41 PM
    Didn't see one but I'm sure I missed it. Thanks for the info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-09 04:44 PM
    You're welcome, good luck with the themes!
    10-03-09 10:10 AM
    OK folks I got the patch and am starting my first 8520 theme. Now this is the same screen resolution as the 8330 however the icons APPEAR crisp in Theme Builder at a 52x52 size which seems rather odd to me since the 83xx uses 48x36 with an identical screen resolution. So here's my questions:

1.) What's the ideal icon size?
    2.) What's the ideal "button" size for the homepage to house the icons within? Basically the box the icons reside within to dress them up and give them their own identity.
    3.) Anybody know if all the other things size the same as the Curve? Phone receiver icons, phone icons, etc?

I'd like to build a free theme but I'm totally flying blind here folks without an 8520 to test it on or even a simulator for that model! I'm gonna need some help on sizing and I can take it from there.
    10-05-09 05:04 PM
    OK folks I got the patch and am starting my first 8520 theme. Now this is the same screen resolution as the 8330 however the icons APPEAR crisp in Theme Builder at a 52x52 size which seems rather odd to me since the 83xx uses 48x36 with an identical screen resolution. So here's my questions:

2.) What's the ideal "button" size for the homepage to house the icons within? Basically the box the icons reside within to dress them up and give them their own identity.
    3.) Anybody know if all the other things size the same as the Curve? Phone receiver icons, phone icons, etc?

I'd like to build a free theme but I'm totally flying blind here folks without an 8520 to test it on or even a simulator for that model! I'm gonna need some help on sizing and I can take it from there.
    use 52 by 52 sized icons for that nice crisp look
    10-05-09 05:29 PM

If you need a tester I am more than willing to assist.

10-05-09 07:33 PM
    If you need a tester I am more than willing to assist.

Ok. I need to get the simulator working better first.
    Last edited by iowabowtech; 10-06-09 at 11:11 AM.
    10-06-09 10:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD