I am new and see this mentioned in all the themes but have no idea what it is...does it allow for the weather to be displayed on your home screen? (asks the weather geek!)

thanks for helping a newbie !
    01-05-10 12:02 PM
    there are many programs out there like berry weather and weather bug that you download and put in this slot- usually the first icon.
    01-05-10 12:07 PM
    It's a space for an icon, usually by the banner or top corner of the screen. Most people put a weather icon in that space, but you can put any icon you wish there...
    01-05-10 12:08 PM
    Cool !! does my phone already have this or do I have to change themes to get it?
    (i have the 8530)
    01-05-10 12:26 PM
    Usually the theme's that come with the blackberry do not have a space for an icon up by the banner. In that case 'if' you have a weather app such as berryweather or weather bug (and there are a few more) you can always put your weather app as one of your icons.
    You would have to download a theme that has a slot for the weather up near the banner. You will notice on many theme's that they will say something like 'zen + weather'
    BTW Welcome to CB ! You'll be a pro in no time
    01-05-10 01:47 PM
    thanks so much Wendy !! I always wanted one and now that i have one I dont want to do anything bad --

I guess the best thing is to back it up to my computer (which is a mac) and then just play so this way i know my stuff is at least safe just incase i need to do something drastic... :-)

but thanks for your help and your vote of confidence !!
    01-05-10 07:57 PM
    Find the OTA link for the theme you like, make sure it's for your device and operating system(OS). To find what OS you have go to Options >About. Copy and paste the OTA link and send it in an email to your device. Open the email, click the link and the theme will install. To find the theme you downloaded go to Options >Themes. I always do a reboot after I download a theme or 3rd party application. The correct way to do this is to remove the battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and replace. People very rarely "brick" their device while installing a theme, you should be just fine...
    01-05-10 08:24 PM
    hi sorry i just notice this post and i am fairly new to the website.. but are there any weather apps that update the weather on its own with me having to update it?? im testing out the berry weather app free trial and have weather bug but it doesnt seem like they update on its own.. maybe i did something wrong?
    01-07-10 02:26 AM
    hi sorry i just notice this post and i am fairly new to the website.. but are there any weather apps that update the weather on its own with me having to update it?? im testing out the berry weather app free trial and have weather bug but it doesnt seem like they update on its own.. maybe i did something wrong?
    most of them update it on their own but some dont show the weather like the weather Channel app. Get Weather Eye or weather Bug and you'll be fine.
    01-11-10 06:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD