I havent use it for almost an year and now i have forgot my password... i dont want to loose any pics from that phone... can i get some serious solution for that ???
    07-24-16 12:09 PM
    I havent use it for almost an year and now i have forgot my password... i dont want to loose any pics from that phone... can i get some serious solution for that ???
    Did you store the pictures on a memory card? If so, you're fine, you can read the memory card in a computer, or another device, but only if the memory card isn't encrypted. If the memory card is encrypted, or you've stored the photos on the device memory (which you shouldn't be doing as the BlackBerry 8520 only has 256MB of onboard storage), then I'm sorry. Not much you can do.

I think the device only allows for a certain amount of password attempts, after that the device will wipe itself, and then anything stored on the onboard storage is well and truly gone. You also can't prevent this by removing the battery as it will simply continue wiping itself the next time you insert the battery, or plug the device in for charging.
    You're going to need the password to get into the phone; without it you aren't getting in.

If you end up wiping the phone and had backed up your phone, you would be able to restore your backup to the phone. Before your last attempt at the password though, I would recommend taking out the memory card if you had one in the phone.
    07-24-16 12:56 PM
    Did you store the pictures on a memory card? If so, you're fine, you can read the memory card in a computer, or another device, but only if the memory card isn't encrypted. If the memory card is encrypted, or you've stored the photos on the device memory (which you shouldn't be doing as the BlackBerry 8520 only has 256MB of onboard storage), then I'm sorry. Not much you can do.

I think the device only allows for a certain amount of password attempts, after that the device will wipe itself, and then anything stored on the onboard storage is well and truly gone. You also can't prevent this by removing the battery as it will simply continue wiping itself the next time you insert the battery, or plug the device in for charging.
    Last edited by Someone7272; 07-24-16 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Added information about wiping device.
    07-24-16 12:57 PM
    If u are using a memory card take it back in to another phone and you can access them in other phone.Then go for wipe option to unlock your phone
    08-14-16 01:41 AM