As of right now, I have the time to start making themes, and I will probably make themes for both the 8520 and 9700, if possible. The question is, can I download the software onto my memory card if I download using Bolt or Opera?

I need to download the software for the 9700 and maybe something for the 8520 as well, I need to double check.

And then, would I be able to put the OTA files onto my BB and upload them to MyBBOTA from my BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-10 08:58 PM
    No I don't believe that you can upload them to mybbota via ur bb. Just create the ota, add all cod files to "files" and voila! There u have it! Its not that hard actually. Only takes cod files so u have to do it on the computer.

08-02-10 09:17 PM
    As of right now, I have the time to start making themes, and I will probably make themes for both the 8520 and 9700, if possible. The question is, can I download the software onto my memory card if I download using Bolt or Opera?

I need to download the software for the 9700 and maybe something for the 8520 as well, I need to double check.

And then, would I be able to put the OTA files onto my BB and upload them to MyBBOTA from my BB?

No I don't believe that you can upload them to mybbota via ur bb. Just create the ota, add all cod files to "files" and voila! There u have it! Its not that hard actually. Only takes cod files so u have to do it on the computer.

gogrizzgo_themes is right about having to upload your themes to MyBBOTA.com via your computer. It is not possible to upload to this site via your Blackberry. One very important thing that you will need to do when you upload your OTA files for your themes is make sure that you include at least one screen shot with each theme that you want to put on this site. No screen shot = no shot of getting your theme hosted on this site. Just thought that you'd want to know this.

Oh, by the way, 9 times out of 10 they are usually very good about approving the sites uploaded pretty quickly and letting you know.

Good luck!
    08-02-10 09:43 PM
    Wow, you can tell I only got 3 hours of sleep last night, I forgot to mention the one and only reason I asked these questions. The only internet I have right now is on my BB, I have no regular internet and I'm not sure when and if I'll be able to afford it.

08-02-10 09:44 PM
    Ha, we posted at the same time. Thanks for letting me know, it'll just take time to upload my themes then. I'll have to take them over to a friends house or family members house when I visit and upload from there.

08-02-10 09:47 PM
    You can go to the library. They have free internet. Or mcdonalds. They're all free.

08-02-10 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD