We just replaced my wife's 8330 with a new 8530. I transferred her calendar info with the bb desktop software. Every today theme I have downloaded does not show any appointments on the home screen even though they are in the calendar. If I add an appointment it will show up. For some reason all of the old appointments will not show up. Is there some setting im missing?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 10:05 PM
    We just replaced my wife's 8330 with a new 8530. I transferred her calendar info with the bb desktop software. Every today theme I have downloaded does not show any appointments on the home screen even though they are in the calendar. If I add an appointment it will show up. For some reason all of the old appointments will not show up. Is there some setting im missing?

When you say "old" do you mean they have already occurred and are in the past or they are in the future but were from the old BB?
    03-15-10 10:13 PM
    When you say "old" do you mean they have already occurred and are in the past or they are in the future but were from the old BB?
    In the future from the old blackberry.....thanks

03-15-10 10:17 PM
    In the future from the old blackberry.....thanks

OK, after loading the new theme, did you do a battery pull?
    03-15-10 10:23 PM
    Is the new theme for the 8530? Themes for the 8330 will not work on the 8530.
    03-15-10 10:25 PM
    OK, after loading the new theme, did you do a battery pull?
    Yes, still doesn't work :-(

lak611, they are 8530 themes :-(

03-15-10 11:03 PM
    I checked the phone this morning and an appointment showed up on the calendar. For a second I thought it was finally working untill I realized it was a new appointment that was entered into the new phone after the transfer. I am going to try an 'official' paid theme and see if that works.
    03-17-10 10:08 AM
    try this Theme it works for me it has a hidden today.
    Theme
    03-17-10 06:52 PM
    Today entries are always associated to a email address. You probably have the wrong default calendar email address set.

Options > Advanced Options > Default Services > Calendar (CICAL)
    03-17-10 06:57 PM
    This happened to me when I switched from my 8330 to 8530. I had all my appointments associated with my gmail account, but when I did the desktop transfer to my new phone, it kept saying they were associated with the "default device", and wouldn't let me change them. I got so frustrated I finally just reentered all my appointments...yes it was tedious but at least it works now. Good luck!
    03-17-10 07:20 PM
    try options => advanced options => default services => change calendar to correct email address.
    04-27-10 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD