Hi all!
    i'm not a theme builder, i just love my bb and am very picky with themes.
    in my search for the perfect, two of my criteria being transitions and a weather slot, i noticed that the two have yet to successfully exist. EVERY theme i have tried, premium or free, the weather icon cannot/will not update on the home screen when the theme has transitions. For example: whatever the icon shows on startup, at the moment u place the weather inthe appropriate slot or when the theme was activated is the ONLY icon that will show up ont he home screen. the accompanied text will update. the icon in the menu screen will update. The icon on the homescreen will NOT update. the only (quasi) solution (i have found) is to move the icon out of the slot, bring up the home screen, then go back to the menu and move it back (complies with my second example above).

So my questions are: can transitions and a weather slot coexist? and if so, can someone point me to that theme, cuz i want it NOW! lol (as long as it has a hidden today for my calendar)

Anyone with a transition theme, try it yourself by putting your weather app on your homescreen (it is not weater slot dependent, its home screen) and see if the icon updates. quickest way is to open ur weather app and change ur location to a place that has a different current weather.

Thanks in advance everyone!
    02-04-10 11:30 AM
    I never put the weather slot updating w/transitions, but maybe that is the problem. I am working on V1.2 of the Simple L theme and I think I have it down where the weather app updates and transitions. It should be up later tonight, but doesn't have a hidden today. I can make you a hidden today type one with that base model, just reply or PM me with a few details of what you would like (ie icon location and how many and color theme)
    02-04-10 11:35 AM
    thanks for the info, and i'll send you a PM about what i like. Base is pretty much what i want anyway :-)

if you figure it out, maybe we can share it with others, because LITERALLY EVERY theme available (in this forum) for the 8530 has this issue and i'm sure others would like it corrected too.
    02-04-10 11:39 AM
    That must be it! I bought 2 premium themes and ended up not using them for that reason. I'm currently using a free theme I found here, which does update the homescreen weather icon, but doesn't have transitions. I agree it would be great to have the best of both worlds, especially in a hidden today.
    02-04-10 11:58 AM
    This is a problem for all icons like the weather one. It seems that the only icons that will update are the stock SMS, BBM, and Messages icons. I used to have one of my BBM contacts on my homescreen, since I talk to him most. I took him off though because his icon wouldn't update to let me know I'd received a new message. (Although I would get the new message icon. I just couldn't tell WHO had left it.)

I wish they could word together. (Although I am new to transitions, so not having them doesn't bother me a whole lot.)
    02-04-10 01:23 PM
    i'm hoping the theme builders can come together and fix this, lol. i bought a premium theme and dont use it because of this. maybe if someone finds the fix, all the premium themes can be updated so people didnt waste money, lol
    02-05-10 09:13 AM
    I think that this wasn't as much a transitions issue as it was a OS issue. I just upgraded my 8530 to 5.0.0.459 and guess what? My weather icon updates now!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 11:44 PM
    I never put the weather slot updating w/transitions, but maybe that is the problem. I am working on V1.2 of the Simple L theme and I think I have it down where the weather app updates and transitions. It should be up later tonight, but doesn't have a hidden today. I can make you a hidden today type one with that base model, just reply or PM me with a few details of what you would like (ie icon location and how many and color theme)
    ***I would absolutely love it if you would make this theme and publicly post it!!! I have an 8530 os 5.0 and have been looking for basically the exact type of theme... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this soon!!!!*** Thanks ahead of time!!!!

02-21-10 03:02 PM
    Wow, and I thought it was just me this was happening to! Very relieved to find out its not me.
    02-21-10 04:33 PM
    ***I would absolutely love it if you would make this theme and publicly post it!!! I have an 8530 os 5.0 and have been looking for basically the exact type of theme... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this soon!!!!*** Thanks ahead of time!!!!

I actually made it version 1.1 but it seems to be working just fine now

http://forums.crackberry.com/f154/si...-theme-413248/
    02-21-10 07:44 PM
    My FREE themes offer Transtions with a Weather Slot & then all work properly with .459.
    Enjoy
    02-21-10 08:03 PM
    I'm running .337 and drews today preview plus (in green) and it updates with transitions.

02-21-10 08:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD