I purchased and DLd a theme from here (Crackberry) today and I can't fin the icon for Phone functions (to make calls, call log, all of that) anywhere. Has anyone had this problem? I purchased the Tropica Beach (stagnant image) theme. This is my first time buying a theme ever so I don't have any ideas what to do. Thanks for any help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-10 08:28 PM
    Press the green button on the keypad.
    02-08-10 08:39 PM
    LOL that's simple enough. Thanks.

All my previous screen setups (this is my 3rd), including the Theme that was installed when I got the phone, had the Phone icon. So I take it this means there are some Themes that do not? Odd. Ankywhoo thanks again for the help.

02-09-10 02:15 AM
    Did you check through all of the folders - setup/applications/downloads? I know Theme builder will allow the designer to designate which folder is the default folder for apps. Is it also possible that it is hidden?
    02-09-10 09:02 AM
    LOL that's simple enough. Thanks.

All my previous screen setups (this is my 3rd), including the Theme that was installed when I got the phone, had the Phone icon. So I take it this means there are some Themes that do not? Odd. Ankywhoo thanks again for the help.

No problem, glad to help. My preference is to not use any icon for anything that is readily available via a hotkey or button. That leaves more room for other icons on the main screen so I can put the main five-six I use for easy retrieval. Pressing the green phone key brings up the call list so why use a dedicated slot for something like that? Of course everyone is different and that's what makes this so great, each person can personalize anyway they like.
    02-09-10 09:46 PM
    Did you check through all of the folders - setup/applications/downloads? I know Theme builder will allow the designer to designate which folder is the default folder for apps. Is it also possible that it is hidden?
    It was hidden! I'd searched through all the folders and the like, but I'd totally forgotten about the possibility that it was hidden. Now that I've found it, however...

No problem, glad to help. My preference is to not use any icon for anything that is readily available via a hotkey or button. That leaves more room for other icons on the main screen so I can put the main five-six I use for easy retrieval. Pressing the green phone key brings up the call list so why use a dedicated slot for something like that?
    indeed. So now that I know the green call button pulls up the same things as the icon I'll probably just leave the icon hidden. But it's nice to know what's going on with my phone.

Thanks for helping me solve my mystery, y'all
    02-10-10 12:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD