Just wondering about this. I live in sweden and have a pay as you go sim since my carrier wont support emails/MMS. Would it be possible for me somehow to use wifi/desktop for the OTA downloadable themes?
    So many cool themes i cant eem to access....makes me sad
    /sol.
    07-26-10 06:07 PM
    You can do wifi I do it all the time since my wifi is faster than the data plan

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-10 07:47 PM
    Ow How does that work then? Cause it will ask me for my BBs email right? Since i dont get emails to phone i mean.
    /sol.
    07-27-10 03:06 AM
    Without first receiving the enabling Service Books that are supplied by the dataplan/BIS, I do not think that WiFi OTA will be possible since the phone will have no idea which port to look for downloads.
    07-27-10 03:29 AM
    Without first receiving the enabling Service Books that are supplied by the dataplan/BIS, I do not think that WiFi OTA will be possible since the phone will have no idea which port to look for downloads.

hmm ok Thats too bad then. I guess i might have to stick with the desktop downloadable themes^^
    07-27-10 03:42 AM
    BB hybridshas a tool (Downloads, then Operating Software, then Desktop Tools, then BB Hybrids Tool) that will download .jar and make an .alx file you should be able to install via the Desktop Manager. As I have a dataplan, I haven't experimented with it at all.

The other option, if you can get the .jar file on your computer (not entirely sure how to do this as most theme makers post the .jad which I think somehow links to the .jar), you can copy it to the SD card in your phone (you have one, I hope), and install from there. In 5.0 OS, just use the "Files" application (in 4.5 OS, you can go to Media, click the Applications key, and choose the "Explore" option) to find the .jar, click it, and the Blackberry will prompt to install.
    07-27-10 10:18 AM
    Ow ok, well only have the Jad file so far. But will look into this after your post!. Also sent an email to the maker begging for help hehe If im lucky i might be able to use the theme i bought^^
    /thanks sol.
    07-27-10 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD