Ok so i just bought a curve 8530 everything fresh out the box and the past couple of days i noticed that the phone would stop charging periodically, i presumed it was the charger and bought a new one and the problem persisted...yada yada yada i go to the sprint store since im still under 30 day warranty and their excuse is because i have an iphone theme, that makes the phone not charge, personally i think that is the dumbest thing i ever heard...you think he is just making stuff up or is this possible help?
    03-01-10 02:54 PM
    Easy to show them why that's not true...

Switch back to the stock theme...
    03-01-10 02:56 PM
    Sounds weird. Switch back to the stock theme and if the problem persists go back
    03-01-10 03:06 PM
    If the theme developer didn't use the correct set-up for their battery meter, it may appear to not be charging, when it really is charging. So that's one possibility. However if you confirmed that your battery is not charging by monitoring the level (for example on the status screen under options) then maybe you have a bad charging port or something. I know there are threads about that in the forums.

As for this: "because i have an iphone theme, that makes the phone not charge" yeah that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. The theme itself has nothing at all to do with the device charging or not. That's like saying you colored your hair and now food won't digest.

Good luck!
    03-01-10 03:25 PM
    Yup. Use the default theme and see if the problem persists. It just *may* be a bad theme design. If not, your warranty should still cover it.
    03-01-10 03:57 PM
    If the theme developer didn't use the correct set-up for their battery meter, it may appear to not be charging, when it really is charging. So that's one possibility. However if you confirmed that your battery is not charging by monitoring the level (for example on the status screen under options) then maybe you have a bad charging port or something. I know there are threads about that in the forums.

As for this: "because i have an iphone theme, that makes the phone not charge" yeah that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. The theme itself has nothing at all to do with the device charging or not. That's like saying you colored your hair and now food won't digest.

Good luck!
    That's like saying you colored your hair and now food won't digest. <---- Now that is a great line!!! Not only a great theme developer but a great sense of humour also!
    03-01-10 09:16 PM
    Yup. Use the default theme and see if the problem persists. It just *may* be a bad theme design. If not, your warranty should still cover it.
    I don't know jack about theme development, but I don't see any way that a theme should be able to stop the battery from charging. It may not SHOW it is charging, but it shouldn't be able to STOP it from charging.
    03-01-10 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD