I've only download one theme since I got my phone several months ago and it completely jacked my phone, so if someone could suggest a site that offers trustworthy themes I would really appreciate it. I would also prefer to not pay for one as I'll probably be tired of looking at it after a few weeks. So here's what I'm looking for...

Something to do with Marilyn Monroe as I've been borderline obsessed with her for years. I also love frogs, which I collect and have displayed all over my house. I'm a huge fan of the Detroit Red Wings. I'm a coffeeholic LOL Like most women, I like things that are just pretty to look at.

BUT I don't want anything animated as I would imagine that would just use more battery and memory. And I don't want anything with too bright of colors, mostly just because I'm boring LOL

Also, I have seen some that offer a hidden dock, which would be nice, but I'm not sure if it will work on my phone. But I would really like that feature and if I can get something that will do just that I would be happy.

So if anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it as I'm extremely leery after my first experience when it comes to getting a theme.

Thanks in advance to those who reply!
    10-23-10 07:38 AM
    I go directly to mybbota.com>mobile directory>search...you could search for 85xx OR directly for Marilyn. Be sure its for 85xx and your phones OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-10 01:23 PM
    I go directly to mybbota.com>mobile directory>search...you could search for 85xx OR directly for Marilyn. Be sure its for 85xx and your phones OS

Thanks, I'll check that out tonight
    10-23-10 06:58 PM
    Not a problem. I'm a theme NUT. But I settled on ONE now (DReW10 by D.R.e.W). I'm also wallpaper CRAZY!!!(zedge.com)

10-23-10 11:22 PM
    Not a problem. I'm a theme NUT. But I settled on ONE now (DReW10 by D.R.e.W). I'm also wallpaper CRAZY!!!(zedge.com)

I checked out that site last night and searched for "8530" which didn't yield many results and none that I liked, so at the risk of asking a dumb question, can I use the ones that only say "85xx" or can I use a theme for the 8520?
    10-24-10 03:46 AM
    ALL 85xx themes (8520/8530). There are 800+ there. And many in THIS forum also. Honestly, I can't imagine paying for a theme. Even the app world has FREE themes...and with wallpaper you can have the look you want.

Last edited by mcaples; 10-24-10 at 04:23 AM.
    10-24-10 04:17 AM
    ALL 85xx themes (8520/8530). There are 800+ there. And many in THIS forum also. Honestly, I can't imagine paying for a theme. Even the app world has FREE themes...and with wallpaper you can have the look you want.

Thanks a bunch! I found a theme I really liked and downloaded it. Then came back here and got a new wallpaper, so I'm happy now

But I do have one more question or maybe two ...

The theme I liked the most on mybbota was called Purple Candy, but there were four different ones for my model that read as follows;
    Purple Candy 1.1.0 (85XX) (ss)
    11 Mini Icons w/ WS & HD

Purple Candy (Hidden Today) 1.1.0 (85XX) (ss)
    11 Mini Icons w/ WS, HD & HT (slots 8 & 9)

Purple Candy OS4.6.1 1.1.0 (85XX) (ss)
    11 Mini Icons w/ WS & HD

Purple Candy OS4.6.1 (Hidden Today) 1.1.0 (85XX) (ss)
    11 Mini Icons w/ WS, HD & HT (slots 8 & 9)

What does the WS, HD & HT mean? I'm guessing Hidden Dock and Hidden Today, but I don't know what Hidden Today means or what the (slots 8 & 9) is referring to

Also, if I'm reading and understanding it, the theme is version 1.1.0 correct? And OS 4.6.1.1.1.0 refers to the device? So does it matter that I have OS 5.0.0.973?

I already downloaded it and it seems to be working but I will get rid of it if the OS thing is going to be an issue.

Thanks again!
    10-24-10 10:12 AM
    Hidden dock and today are right!! The WS is weather slot (weather app) I use BBWeather its free here and works good. I never used a theme that was a LOWER OS (you should see if there is the same for OS5.) Themes ARE cool BUT it can be confusing. I'm medically retired from the Navy with TONS of free time to sort it all out. The slots(8&9) just refer to WHERE the "today" is IF you use "today"

Last edited by mcaples; 10-24-10 at 11:43 AM.
    10-24-10 11:27 AM
    I've only download one theme since I got my phone several months ago and it completely jacked my phone, so if someone could suggest a site that offers trustworthy themes I would really appreciate it. I would also prefer to not pay for one as I'll probably be tired of looking at it after a few weeks. So here's what I'm looking for...

Something to do with Marilyn Monroe as I've been borderline obsessed with her for years. I also love frogs, which I collect and have displayed all over my house. I'm a huge fan of the Detroit Red Wings. I'm a coffeeholic LOL Like most women, I like things that are just pretty to look at.

BUT I don't want anything animated as I would imagine that would just use more battery and memory. And I don't want anything with too bright of colors, mostly just because I'm boring LOL

Also, I have seen some that offer a hidden dock, which would be nice, but I'm not sure if it will work on my phone. But I would really like that feature and if I can get something that will do just that I would be happy.

So if anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it as I'm extremely leery after my first experience when it comes to getting a theme.

Thanks in advance to those who reply!
    If you are looking for themes for the 85xx phones for OS 5.0, you might want to check out my site. I have a lot of themes on it that I've made for my phone and for other people. By the way, I've got a Verizon Blackberry Curve 8530 with OS 5.0.0.973 and these themes work great on my phone. The URL to my site is listed in the bottom of this post where my signature is. All the themes on this site are free.
    10-24-10 01:41 PM
    Oh...FYI...Cindy's Winter L theme ROCKS!!! (And her Christmas U too)

Last edited by mcaples; 10-24-10 at 03:17 PM.
    10-24-10 02:20 PM
    Hidden dock and today are right!! The WS is weather slot (weather app) I use BBWeather its free here and works good. I never used a theme that was a LOWER OS (you should see if there is the same for OS5.) Themes ARE cool BUT it can be confusing. I'm medically retired from the Navy with TONS of free time to sort it all out. The slots(8&9) just refer to WHERE the "today" is IF you use "today"

OK, the Today layout just drives me crazy and the WS was throwing me way off LOL! I love the hidden dock though... and now with the theme I have I can fit 11 mini icons on my home screen, one of which is my OneTouch Launcher. So basically I have 21 apps at the touch of my fingertip Sometimes I just love technology

If you are looking for themes for the 85xx phones for OS 5.0, you might want to check out my site. I have a lot of themes on it that I've made for my phone and for other people. By the way, I've got a Verizon Blackberry Curve 8530 with OS 5.0.0.973 and these themes work great on my phone. The URL to my site is listed in the bottom of this post where my signature is. All the themes on this site are free.
    That's the exact same device I have right down to the OS so I will be sure to check it out tonight. Thanks for letting me know!

Oh...FYI...Cindy's Winter L theme ROCKS!!! (And her Christmas U too)

I'm going to go first thing and check them out. With Christmas right around the corner I'm sure they're going to come in handy

Thanks again to everyone for your suggestions... you guys are the bestest!
    10-24-10 07:26 PM
    Good luck Java!!...oh p.s. Cindy also has a great Thanksgiving theme...I'm not getting paid to say that...LOL. Have a fine Navy day!!!

10-24-10 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD