HEy can someone help me resolving a problem

I have downloaded some theme in COD/ALX file for my blackberry curve 8530

i found some theme with only the JAD file and its not working when i try to upload these themes via desktop manager...it said that the file is not compatible

how can i uplaod these JAD file theme into my blackberry ?...my browser is off on my device so i can'T use OTA (over the air) method.

It work just fine with COD/ALX file...

need help please
    04-19-11 08:39 AM
    come on i know someone can help me with that one
    04-19-11 06:54 PM
    You put the folder with the .jad files and .cod files onto your blackberry, browse to it on the files app, then click on the .jad file. It will say download (don't worry it won't connect to the internet) and click it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-11 09:56 PM
    i only have the JAD file for the theme... i try it already to save a folder on my media card with the file in it with roxio manager... when i try to download the file from my blackberry...it give me an error...

907 invalid COD message error :S

do u think i have to convert my JAD file into COD/ALX file ?

an answer will help me so much...

thanks in advance
    04-20-11 05:53 AM
    No, you need the .cod files for getting this on your phone. Try to find them, or just use an OTA link.

04-20-11 07:41 AM
    yeah i got the COd file but it said not compatible...i need ALX...it work just fine with it..

How can i convert my COD file to ALX file ?

04-20-11 10:58 PM
    Try using BBSAK to create a .jad file. I'm on my phone, so I can't provide links, just google BBSAK, download it, then google 'creating .jad files BBSAK'

04-21-11 07:45 AM
    IT doesn'T work with a .jad file... i need the .ALX

the .jad file working when your browser is active...and mine is off

can i still convert ALX file with BBSAK ?

04-24-11 12:43 AM
    If you have all the right .cod files for the theme use BB Boss to create an alx file so you can use Desktop Manager to install the theme.
    04-24-11 12:48 AM
    Wow Thanks

2.00 $ donation for activation ?

cheap

and what i have to do...just drag and drop all the COD file with the default setting ?

maybe i can find a link on youtube with the tutorial

i'll chek it out bro

Thanks again !

04-24-11 10:49 PM
    You don't have to donate its just an option.

Go to the "Create JAD/ALX" tab and select "Add COD Files..."
    Once you selected the cod files click open and then choose "ALX File Only" under the Files to be created box and then GenerateFiles
    04-24-11 10:57 PM
    aight everything work for creating the file but now when i try to load the ALX file into my BB via desktop manager, it said that the file is not compatible.. i load many theme with ALX file and it never said that to me

Is it because i dont have the good version for my BB ?

04-25-11 03:11 AM
    You could also just download the .jad file directly to your phone from the website. Thi sis called OTA (Over The Air) and is the preferred method of obtaining and downloading .jad and .jar files for installation to the phone.

Try it.

You can also use GiveMeYouJAD from here WizzzDeveloppement to convert your .jad files to .alx for free.
    04-25-11 04:32 AM
    Ok thanks for this software it help me to create the ALX file but it still said to me that the version of the theme is not compatible now i really don'T understand !

there is some BB 8520-8530 theme that work perfectly in my phone, and some that don't... maybe i dont't have the good settings i dont know :S
    04-30-11 11:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD