OK The theme I am trying to make is very similar to original one on my BB Curve 8530. What i want to do is get rid of the banners on top and the bottom of the home screen, add a weather slot, and move a few banner items around. I'm not touching the other screens. Here are my questions.

1. Is there anyway to resize icons from Theme Builder? For some reason 6 icons don't fit on a curve screen on it. IDK why because 6 icons come on the screen originally. I know you can do it on Composer but I really hate using it. I'll address some of the issues I have with it.

2. When I export a theme from Composer to Theme Builder why do all my home screen icons show up with the blue focus icons in back of them? I know I added them cause I want them but why are they all lit up at the same time? Shouldn't they be lit up when I'm hovering over them?

3. In Composer how do you add a flash or glow when you are hovered over a icon exactly like in the original theme? Its a split second glow that I like but I can't figure out how to add it in. I see the glow icon in my folder I feel like there's a purpose for it like to combine that with focus icon. Anyone know how to do it? The Fade In option in Composer is not them same I've tried it.

4. Is there anyway I can change the font of my clock to look like an alarm clock's or a digital wrist watch? I wish I can post a picture but I can't yet. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about.

Thanks.
    08-17-10 07:01 PM
    OK The theme I am trying to make is very similar to original one on my BB Curve 8530. What i want to do is get rid of the banners on top and the bottom of the home screen, add a weather slot, and move a few banner items around. I'm not touching the other screens. Here are my questions.

1. Is there anyway to resize icons from Theme Builder? For some reason 6 icons don't fit on a curve screen on it. IDK why because 6 icons come on the screen originally. I know you can do it on Composer but I really hate using it. I'll address some of the issues I have with it.

2. When I export a theme from Composer to Theme Builder why do all my home screen icons show up with the blue focus icons in back of them? I know I added them cause I want them but why are they all lit up at the same time? Shouldn't they be lit up when I'm hovering over them?

3. In Composer how do you add a flash or glow when you are hovered over a icon exactly like in the original theme? Its a split second glow that I like but I can't figure out how to add it in. I see the glow icon in my folder I feel like there's a purpose for it like to combine that with focus icon. Anyone know how to do it? The Fade In option in Composer is not them same I've tried it.

4. Is there anyway I can change the font of my clock to look like an alarm clock's or a digital wrist watch? I wish I can post a picture but I can't yet. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about.

Thanks.
    You may want to post this in the Theme Developers forum on this site. They may be able to help you out there too.

There's only one that I feel like I can answer and I've got quite a bit of experience making themes for these phones. It's your very first one about
    getting six icons to fit on the curve screen. I'm assuming that you are wanting to get six icon across the bottom of the screen.

Here's how I do it in BB Theme Studio.
    1. Place the six icons on the bottom of the screen. You will need to overlap them a little bit to get them to fix but trust me, you will not be able to tell that they're overlapping on the theme once it's finished.
    2. Select all of these icons that you had put on the bottom of the screen.
    3. Click the horizontal spacing icon on the Alignment part of Theme Studio.
    4. Click the bottom alignment icon on the Alignment part of Theme Studio.

Hope that this helps you out.
    08-17-10 09:01 PM
    Thanks man. Now that that worked, my 2nd and 3rd question does not need to be answered. I'd love to know how to change the font of the clock to digital.
    08-18-10 03:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD