I don't know what they've done, or if anyone else is having this problem, but they seems to have decided NOT to allow direct linking which has messed up every single one of my OTA links.

Anyone using it now might want to go through and check their OTAs. I don't know how to fix it since the message there says this: "Direct Linking will not be allowed soon. Please update your links to those provided." But none were provided except the direct link and the bit.ly shortened link. (Which both still don't work.)

I don't have the time now to reupload all of my OTAs to see if that works or not, but I figured I'd just let anyone else know that they should probably check THEIR links as well.
    05-04-10 07:53 AM
    Mine is dead the last time I check...... Any solution?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 08:57 AM
    I emailed their support and they fixed mine.

05-04-10 08:59 AM
    Thanks fior the heads up!

05-04-10 09:45 AM
    Hi I just made my first theme and opened an account at mybbota.com. Totally new at this and was wondering if someone can tell me how to post my theme. Like what files need to be uploaded, etc. I exported my theme to my desktop for ota publishing and all these cod files and one jad file ended up on there. Don't know what to do now.

05-07-10 07:51 AM
    There should be 14 cod files that you need to upload. Leave out the .jad file.

05-07-10 08:30 AM
    There should be 14 cod files that you need to upload. Leave out the .jad file.
    The number of .cod files depends on your theme and which graphics you use, your own or the stock icons.
    05-07-10 10:40 AM
    Correct me if I am wrong, I am a novice theme builder, but doesn't the amount of cod's differ according on how simple or how detailed one's theme is? I have have made some themes with as little cod's as 7 and as many as 31, and any word on bbota's site yet?
    05-07-10 04:32 PM
    Oh ok, that's what I thought.

The number of .cod files depends on your theme and which graphics you use, your own or the stock icons.
    05-07-10 04:33 PM
    For those of you still wondering, as long as you are using the links provided to you in the email you get or the links from your account you will be fine.

You simply can not link directly to the .jad file itself. This is for both security and bandwidth purposes.

(We transfer gigs upon gigs of data each month as is )

06-14-10 09:24 PM
    from experiience i advise all of you to use the mobihand store, you can then charge if you want, or just make em free, just makes life far simpler to link to the store, also the bit.ly links can always be made after, or with the right twiter program (twitter for bb does this) the links get shortened anyways.

oh and to upload all you do is upload a zip with all your cods in there and the jad seperately, thats 2 uploads for files - simple or what!!

also then think of the ammount of people who can then enjoy your themes!
    06-15-10 06:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD