Well said arsenal!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank you Blue Eyes :-)
    12-31-10 06:08 PM
    How can you justify 6.99+ for a theme, seriously!? I made a few themes for free and used to MOD for e veek and I noticed the trend of awesome free themes disappearing and themers selling there junk for 3.99 4.99 6.99 and even colse to 10 that's insane! I guess the trend of making 200,000 on an app or getting rich on themes has taken over. Its sad that people don't make themes and ask politely for donations. I didn't steal anything I found it! Keep talking down to people fish gurl all mighty

You may not like the price of items at the grocery store either, but does that give you the right to hijack the truck outside and give them away for free?

Again, distributing premium themes for free that you did not make is against forum rules. That's not talking down to you, that is stating a fact. If you don't like the rules of the forum, you are free to leave.
    laney12186 likes this.
    12-31-10 08:24 PM
    How can you justify 6.99+ for a theme, seriously!? I made a few themes for free and used to MOD for e veek and I noticed the trend of awesome free themes disappearing and themers selling there junk for 3.99 4.99 6.99 and even colse to 10 that's insane! I guess the trend of making 200,000 on an app or getting rich on themes has taken over. Its sad that people don't make themes and ask politely for donations. I didn't steal anything I found it! Keep talking down to people fish gurl all mighty

Yes, the prices are extortionate, however not only is it against forum rules to steal the theme and distribute it for free, it is known as pirating which is actually ILLEGAL. And I hope to god if you're pirating the developer brings you up against the British Copyright Courts, as it is there that they will get the most money out of you.

I can understand you might not like the price of the item in question (a great personal example is Adobe Creative Suite... an eye-watering �2'500). However, to allow others to download it for free is an absolute no-no.
    Last edited by Paladinleeds; 01-01-11 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Vocabulary Correction
    01-01-11 10:04 AM
    Yes Spyder, i must agree with your statement ! I've seen some good theme and some junk like u said and then they call it premium themes and then the people still say, hi, nice theme! Can you please change this and that and that, tell the guy its crap and that he must redo the theme and get it over and done with, i hate this sucking up to someone and i see it in this forum every day !
    And please, don't scare us with this copyright laws, they will never win the fight because for every illegal site they close another three open somewhere else

Nice share spyder, keep it going !

01-01-11 11:15 AM
    Yes Spyder, i must agree with your statement ! I've seen some good theme and some junk like u said and then they call it premium themes and then the people still say, hi, nice theme! Can you please change this and that and that, tell the guy its crap and that he must redo the theme and get it over and done with, i hate this sucking up to someone and i see it in this forum every day !
    And please, don't scare us with this copyright laws, they will never win the fight because for every illegal site they close another three open somewhere else

Nice share spyder, keep it going !

So andre b, you're saying its ok to steal premium themes and distribute them for free? And apparently you also downloaded this particular theme, right? Which is against forum rules!

01-01-11 11:30 AM
    Why the sudden outbreak of pirated themes? It seems like every time I come here and look at the new themes there's a premium theme being offered for free by someone
    01-01-11 11:44 AM
    No i did not get his link ! So u say it's against the forum rules to download a theme from another sharing site ? Right ? Please, u can't stop me from downloading from any site, free or premium themes and tell me its against the forum rules , please tell me if its ok if i drink my brandy with coke or should it be with water ? You get te point ! I'm free to do whatever i want !

01-01-11 02:29 PM
    Listen andre b, pay close attention to what I'm saying, nothing against you first of all! Now, yes you are free to do what you want but if someone steals a premium theme and then does not post a link and then tells people to PM them for the ota then yes it is against forum rules! You say you didn't get this theme but yet you get on here and thank spyder for sharing what he did! Now iive said what I said and I'm done with this thread! Nice share spyder, keep it going ! That is what you said previously! Have a nice day!

01-01-11 02:47 PM
    U guys are not getting the point, the themes are to expensive and every tom, **** and harry post themes here and call it premium and they want money for it , some so bad that they get more than 20 views but not even one reply, what does that tell you ? Get a board that first review these themes because this is getting out of hand !

And no again, i did not get his link , have enough to keep me busy !

Have a nice new year , looking forward to your next themes

01-01-11 04:44 PM
    I'm done starting a war on here. I apologize for stirring up a riot. I won't distribute the link to the theme. I did not steal it and I am in no way affiliated with the site who stole it. Yes I downloaded it, shared it (against the rules) , and love the theme. I will not share it anymore out of guilt for facilitating this back and forth grudge match. Please don't reply bashing me I've heard enough and I'm willing to concede defeat. Sorry to phishgirl AJ, and the person who can't stand illiterate posters. In closing, themes will always be stolen it's just the nature of the beast. I would like to say I have paid for themes to later be disappointed in them and that's why I'm so jaded. Themes for sale should be scrutinized and judged on certain criteria to be considered premium. That's all I have to say.

Props to cockyculture he's wicked and I've bought his theme miphone4G and recommend his work as 100% worth the price! Everyone have a great New Year!

Last edited by 01spyder; 01-01-11 at 06:23 PM.
    01-01-11 06:21 PM
    You did the right thing here Spyder, and I accept your apology. I know you were just trying to help people, and I understand that. It just can't be done that way here and I'm glad you understand, and no hard feelings from either side.

You're right, themes will always be stolen, just like music, movies, etc. I'm not saying I've never downloaded a movie in my life, so I am not one to judge anyone about that. We do have to uphold CB rules, and that's all this was about. Nothing personal against you or anyone else here, and I'm glad you understand that.

Have a great New Year yourself!
    01-01-11 11:10 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD