Just got weatherbug and it works, thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 08:05 AM
    Has anyone had issues with the call screen? It says it might be buggy on 4.6.1.
    I just want to know if it'll crash my phone or something

04-11-10 03:14 PM
    First off, I'd like to began by saying hello to all you users and abusers, as this is my first post. I got my first BB last month and I'm loving it. Since then, I've been looking at these forums daily trying to learn as much as I can about these powerful devices. This place is a goldmine of info!

Now, on to the theme...

This is my first attempt at any kind of phone theme, but I have been testing it on my phone for the past few days so I hope I have most of the bugs figured out.

This theme is largely based off the Zen Precision theme but with a redesigned notification bar that takes up less screen real estate, perfect for showcasing your wallpaper! The icons are the standard BB icons but no longer have the tabs or see-through dock behind them. The incoming and active call screens were redesigned to fit with the rest of the theme. The menu, messaging, control, etc. fonts and sizes CAN be changed by the user for greater flexibility.

I made this theme because I didn't like all the space that the time and date took up on the precision zen, and I wanted something really simple. I hope some of you, can find it useful as well.

This theme is for 8530/8520 running OS 5.0. But I can also port it for 4.6 if there is a demand for it. Enjoy!

*UPDATED: Added 4.6 version as well. Though the call screens may be buggy since 4.6 won't support repositioning or different text colors.

5.0 DM

5.0 OTA

4.6 DM

4.6 OTA
    Great job! I love the theme

04-11-10 03:18 PM
    Really digging this theme, good work.

04-13-10 03:52 PM
    I was able to install it using de DM link, but I can't get the weather slot to work... I've tried using Weatherbug en BeWeather but none is showing the weather slot

I forgot to say that the Theme is awesome! Hope to figure out how to make the weather slot to work or getting some advice here
    Last edited by Astaroth.sv; 04-14-10 at 09:45 PM. Reason: PD
    04-14-10 09:44 PM
    I was able to install it using de DM link, but I can't get the weather slot to work... I've tried using Weatherbug en BeWeather but none is showing the weather slot

I forgot to say that the Theme is awesome! Hope to figure out how to make the weather slot to work or getting some advice here
    Make sure you have BeWeather (or whatever weather app you use) in the first slot of your apps. It should work just fine once placed there.
    04-14-10 10:12 PM
    Lol... I feel so silly right now! thx for the tip... its working now!
    04-14-10 11:38 PM
    Wow! I am loving this theme! Awesome job.

Is it possible to make one with a hidden dock?
    04-15-10 09:43 AM
    If this had today plus, this would be my perfect theme! Nice work.
    04-15-10 10:09 AM
    i love your themes... but can you modify a little with hidden dock??
    04-15-10 11:54 AM
    What's the difference between the 5.0 DM and 5.0 OTA. I have a Verizon Curve 8530
    04-15-10 11:54 AM
    What's the difference between the 5.0 DM and 5.0 OTA. I have a Verizon Curve 8530
    If you download the DM file you have to unzip it and then use the Aplication Loader in Desktop Manager on your PC.

The OTA is a file which contains info to download the theme directly on your phone, just upload it to your phone and use it.

By the way... I'm having a problem with the slot weather, for some reason the beweather or weather bug icon won't update on my home screen, i have set updates for the home screen icon, lets say for example that my icon shows sunny 30�, but if I hit the menu button I see 26� Cloudy, if I hit scape i see 30� Sunny on the homescreen... the only way to get it to update is moving the icon to another slot visible in the home screen...

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Astaroth.sv; 04-16-10 at 10:23 AM.
    04-15-10 05:02 PM
    Great theme. I have tried quite a few themes. All of which had awesome color designs, transitions, etc. However, I think that I am finding that the more simple themes are more my style. This theme is really good and fits me really well.

Thank you for making such a nice theme and I look forward to any you make in the future.
    04-28-10 12:08 AM
    Great!! thanks
    04-28-10 08:37 PM
    If you download the DM file you have to unzip it and then use the Aplication Loader in Desktop Manager on your PC.

The OTA is a file which contains info to download the theme directly on your phone, just upload it to your phone and use it.

By the way... I'm having a problem with the slot weather, for some reason the beweather or weather bug icon won't update on my home screen, i have set updates for the home screen icon, lets say for example that my icon shows sunny 30�, but if I hit the menu button I see 26� Cloudy, if I hit scape i see 30� Sunny on the homescreen... the only way to get it to update is moving the icon to another slot visible in the home screen...

Any suggestions?
    Hmmm. Not sure about that. It seemed to update fine for me. Have you tried maybe uninstalling then reinstalling the weather app? Anyone else having this problem?
    04-29-10 12:17 AM
    Great theme! Thanks!
    04-29-10 12:37 PM
    nice theme dude.. love it... worked for my aries...
    05-18-10 05:27 AM
    Great theme! I finally found a theme that looks great! Absolutely LOVE IT!! Thanks for the upload! Simple, CRISP and FRESH!! (: Will be rocking this theme for a while!!!!!! Haha! GREAT FOR YOUR FIRST THEME!! Keep it upppp!!! (:

Wes
    05-25-10 02:24 PM
    Hmmm. Not sure about that. It seemed to update fine for me. Have you tried maybe uninstalling then reinstalling the weather app? Anyone else having this problem?
    Weather Bug is updating just fine for me.

Thanks for the theme! Much better than the stock ones.
    05-26-10 07:27 AM
    anyway you could edit the call screen to have a clock? thanks
    06-11-10 09:20 PM
    it will be so nice if these theme got transition.... tq so much...
    06-14-10 10:43 AM
    This is an awesome looking theme. Any chance of it without the weather slot?
    06-14-10 11:14 AM
    I have to agree with the last poster...non-weather slot version would be fantastic!
    06-14-10 01:27 PM
    Have changed my mind about the weather slot. I used the weather slot for the contacts folder on my BB, which is a lot handier than using my weather app.

06-16-10 04:56 PM
    love this theme
    06-17-10 11:07 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD