First off, I'd like to began by saying hello to all you users and abusers, as this is my first post. I got my first BB last month and I'm loving it. Since then, I've been looking at these forums daily trying to learn as much as I can about these powerful devices. This place is a goldmine of info!

Now, on to the theme...

This is my first attempt at any kind of phone theme, but I have been testing it on my phone for the past few days so I hope I have most of the bugs figured out.

This theme is largely based off the Zen Precision theme but with a redesigned notification bar that takes up less screen real estate, perfect for showcasing your wallpaper! The icons are the standard BB icons but no longer have the tabs or see-through dock behind them. The incoming and active call screens were redesigned to fit with the rest of the theme. The menu, messaging, control, etc. fonts and sizes CAN be changed by the user for greater flexibility.

I made this theme because I didn't like all the space that the time and date took up on the precision zen, and I wanted something really simple. I hope some of you, can find it useful as well.

This theme is for 8530/8520 running OS 5.0. But I can also port it for 4.6 if there is a demand for it. Enjoy!

*UPDATED: Added 4.6 version as well. Though the call screens may be buggy since 4.6 won't support repositioning or different text colors.

5.0 DM

5.0 OTA

4.6 DM

4.6 OTA
    Last edited by Sabio; 03-30-10 at 12:07 AM.
    sandababe likes this.
    03-29-10 12:52 PM
    Welcome! That theme is really pretty. Could you possibly do it in a different color, or several color swirls? I have a thing for purple, or purple/blue/green swirls? Personally, I don't use weather icons, so that could be deleted.

I'd be glad to do a donation, or be your color experimental person; PM me if necessary. {:-)
    03-29-10 01:02 PM
    Very nice for your first theme! Better then my first. Keep up the good work!
    03-29-10 01:16 PM
    Well done. I just put it on, no problems so far. I like how clean it looks. I am not a fan of the space the bars take up on the home screen either. This seems to "showcase" wallpapers better as you said. Thanks!! I'll be sure to post any bugs that I may find.
    03-29-10 01:30 PM
    If you could post it for OS 4.6 I would greatly appreciate it. Great theme!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 02:34 PM
    If you could post it for OS 4.6, it would be great. Great Theme, way to go...
    03-29-10 03:07 PM
    This looks really nice! I think if I were to make any recommendations it would be to get rid of the profiles icon on the top banners then re-center everything. OR learn how to make a mini-icon so that it's only in ONE banner instead of spanning both of them.

then figure out how to make a hidden dock to make it truly minimal and it would be awesome! But without all that it is still a really, REALLY great theme! ^_^
    03-29-10 03:39 PM
    If you could post it for OS 4.6, it would be great. Great Theme, way to go...
    4.6 version is up. Though like I stated above, the call screens may be buggy. Let me know how it works and what needs to be fixed. Thanks.
    03-29-10 05:30 PM
    This looks really nice! I think if I were to make any recommendations it would be to get rid of the profiles icon on the top banners then re-center everything. OR learn how to make a mini-icon so that it's only in ONE banner instead of spanning both of them.

then figure out how to make a hidden dock to make it truly minimal and it would be awesome! But without all that it is still a really, REALLY great theme! ^_^
    Good idea on the hidden dock... I might have to try that once I learn more about Theme Builder.
    03-29-10 05:31 PM
    Anyone know how to dl this to their bb? I hit the 5.0 ota but its still a zip file. No comp so has to be ota. Oh an x2 on removing the profiles. Just make the icons smaller and this would be EXACTLY what I'm looking for.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by evilash78; 03-29-10 at 06:56 PM.
    03-29-10 06:53 PM
    hey, im kinda new at this and was wondering if someone could help me out. how do i upload the theme on to my blackberry device?
    03-29-10 07:50 PM
    just downloaded and unzipped the ota link with bbnotepad. let me tell you this theme is GREAT. its simple and cleanly done, and best of all. isnt slowing my phone down. thanks a lot.
    Last edited by shooterfpga; 03-29-10 at 08:52 PM.
    03-29-10 08:25 PM
    I am having the same problem as Evilash78. I can't download zip files. Please help. I really want this theme.
    03-29-10 09:46 PM
    Redid the links for the 5.0 and 4.6 OTA downloads. They should be working fine now. Sorry about that.
    03-30-10 12:08 AM
    Any chance of getting this without the weather slot? nice work!
    Last edited by HFD_Lieutenant; 03-30-10 at 08:33 PM.
    03-30-10 08:27 PM
    hey, im kinda new at this and was wondering if someone could help me out. how do i upload the theme on to my blackberry device?
    I downloaded mine on the phone from the link and it worked for me. Click on the link and it pretty much does itself.
    03-30-10 10:19 PM
    any way u could make the clock bigger? i always rely on my phone for the time and its kinda hard to see. but very good theme
    04-06-10 01:34 PM
    I love this theme as is except wish there was a hidden today for the calendar.
    04-07-10 12:31 PM
    it will be very'' nice if u adding some transition movement when open application ..

thanks in advance..
    04-08-10 07:59 AM
    I like this one.. very simple. enough room to showcase my wallpaper ... thanks for making 4.6
    04-08-10 11:28 AM
    this is great! the grey really makes the icons pop so it's easy to find what's what, and i really like the call screen! plus this was my first theme that i did by downloading a zip file, great success!
    04-09-10 12:23 PM
    Thanks for downloading everybody!

it will be very'' nice if u adding some transition movement when open application ..

thanks in advance..
    I actually did originally use transitions when I first made this theme, but I personally don't care for them. The seem to really slow down the phone and it made for a bad experience in my opinion. Though, if there is a real demand for it, I will create a version with transitions.
    04-09-10 01:42 PM
    What weather applications work with the weather dock?
    04-09-10 03:55 PM
    Hmmmm if I download de .jad file for 4.6 I get a COD 907 error, file not found....

I download the file to my PC, then upload it to the phone an open it from the explorer, am I doing something wrong?

Can use DM link right now since im in the office and media fire is blocked by our firewall u.u
    04-10-10 12:08 PM
    What weather applications work with the weather dock?
    Any weather app should work. Just put it in the seventh slot.

Hmmmm if I download de .jad file for 4.6 I get a COD 907 error, file not found....

I download the file to my PC, then upload it to the phone an open it from the explorer, am I doing something wrong?

Can use DM link right now since im in the office and media fire is blocked by our firewall u.u
    Hmmm. It should work. Did you try to OTA link?
    04-10-10 10:37 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD