This is a theme I made for myself and is also my very first, so I thought I would share with everyone. So your feedback is appreciated, but be gentle LOL! Also, I've tested this theme on the Curve 8530 OS5 ONLY, so I'm not sure if it will work on other devices/OS's.

OK… this is just a very simple custom theme with Dimension icons (five across the bottom + one in banner), Hidden Today (slots 1-4) and custom purple wallpaper. Nothing impressive, just wanted something to match my phone that was simple and clean

You can view screenshots at the OTA link below.

Hope its enjoyed!

Download OTA
    Last edited by JavaBrat; 05-10-11 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Updated OTA link
    05-10-11 02:02 PM
    Looks awesomen but the download link at mybbota isn't working
    For some reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-11 04:23 PM
    Looks awesomen but the download link at mybbota isn't working
    For some reason.

Thanks for the reply cappristar!

I tried to download it OTA myself (from BB browser & Opera mini) and received an "HTTP Error 403: Forbidden" message. I then tried a few other themes on the site and received the same thing. So I'm thinking, or hoping at least, that it is an issue with the site because it worked perfectly from my laptop.
    05-10-11 04:41 PM
    Here's hoping it's a temporary glitch. Purple/lavender with ws/hd?
    It's all I ever wanted!

05-10-11 06:54 PM
    Here's hoping it's a temporary glitch. Purple/lavender with ws/hd?
    It's all I ever wanted!

The OTA link should be working here within the next half hour or so. I'm working with MyBbOTA support as we speak
    05-10-11 06:59 PM
    OTA link is now fixed
    05-10-11 07:15 PM
    Got it! And I must say it is pretty amazing for your first theme.
    The only thing I think could improve is the wide spaces between the icons....you could probably fit another icon in the rows without them looking squished.
    besides that it runs smooth and very fast and looks great! Kudos!!

05-10-11 07:26 PM
    Got it! And I must say it is pretty amazing for your first theme.
    The only thing I think could improve is the wide spaces between the icons....you could probably fit another icon in the rows without them looking squished.
    besides that it runs smooth and very fast and looks great! Kudos!!

Well thanks cappristar!

I had mainly intended this to be just for myself because I desperately wanted something to match my purple BB and was having a heck of a time finding something I liked. Plus I have QuickLaunch, so I didn't need the 12-20 icons like everyone else is doing LOL. But then I figured I probably am not the only one going through this (looking for a purple minimalist theme).

But I'm already planning on making a Perfectly Purple 2.0 with a hidden dock and more icons. This one was supposed to have had the hidden dock too, but I could get the code to cooperate with me today.

But thanks for the feedback, which is always appreciated. And watch for Perfectly Purple 2.0
    05-10-11 07:35 PM
    Oh....I will be watching.
    My precious is purple too, and it is hard to find a practical theme. I don't need bells and buttons and banners with switches. I just want something simple that makes sense...you seem to know my mind set.

05-10-11 07:45 PM
    Oh....I will be watching.
    My precious is purple too, and it is hard to find a practical theme. I don't need bells and buttons and banners with switches. I just want something simple that makes sense...you seem to know my mind set.

I couldn't agree more!

Before I got QL I didn't mind the scrolling docks with EVERY single app I had on it, but now I can pretty much hide 90% of them, so I don't see the sense in having those themes anymore. All the bells and whistles, transitions and all that only slow it down anyway.

But I'm very pleased someone else is enjoying it. That makes the hard work even more worth it!

05-10-11 07:51 PM
    I am glad you're pleased. The more I play with it the more I love it.
    I'll still be watching, though.

05-10-11 08:10 PM
    New versions just released

Perfectly Purple various versions
    05-11-11 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD