Free Theme ***SEE post #10 for Download (5.06.2010)***

-simple bottom dock
    -custom battery meter w/ percentage
    -custom icons throughout
    -transitions: slide right/left, up/down for menu

I may look into a sliding bottom dock. If anyone knows where I can find a tutorial that would helps loads!!

still working out the kinks but here it is if anyone wants to try it out:

DM .zip file (no OTA until its completed, don't ask).

Let me know if you have any input.
    Last edited by cfrock; 05-06-10 at 10:52 AM.
    05-04-10 12:20 PM
    OTA available?
    05-04-10 12:22 PM
    Best theme I've seen in a long time maybe ever! I'm a newbie so ill just wait for the ota

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 12:50 PM
    I like it! I wish the clock was a little smaller& more girly! Great job!

05-04-10 12:50 PM
    OTA available?
    It says no OTA until the theme is finished at the bottom of the post.

I'm excited for you to finish this! I actually like that the clock isn't too girly. When you get a girly theme oftentimes there are so many frills that it ends up looking really young-girly and not woman-girly if that makes any sense.

Last edited by laney12186; 05-04-10 at 12:57 PM.
    05-04-10 12:53 PM
    I like it! I wish the clock was a little smaller& more girly! Great job!

I could make the clock panel smaller but the message notifications will appear under it rather then within it. Would that look better?
    05-04-10 01:58 PM
    I could make the clock panel smaller but the message notifications will appear under it rather then within it. Would that look better?
    IDK, Let me test it out and I will get back to you! I am not in anyway trying to change the look of the theme because I really like all the themes you have been posting here. Thanks for taking the time to even read the post and reply~
    05-04-10 02:02 PM
    Looks very nice! I will download this theme and try it so hurry with the ota hAhahaha!

05-04-10 02:13 PM
    Looks nice so far...cud u make the icons a bit smaller? Especially when u thnkn of makin a sliding dock...it wud look a lil more neater...whn u completing it cud you make it where when I press play it takes me to media home? I believe In you...if ppl can make real awesome themes for 9700 etc....thn the 8520 can get sum too

05-04-10 02:34 PM
    Ok here it is, PanelGrey 1.0

some of the changes from the beta are:

-resized all icons, they should look sharper/crisper now
    -added semi transparent sub menus
    -tweaked homescreen fonts & indicator locations
    -over all, the alignment should be much better throughout
    -other stuff I can't recall

I'm calling this one done unless someone finds something is just totally off. The only thing I may consider (if I can figure it out) is changing to a sliding dock. Let me know what you guys think.

OTA:

MyBBOTA.com Download - PanelGrey

MyBBOTA.com Download - PanelGrey

Desktop Install:

Attachment 61437

Screenshots:

Attachment 61438

Attachment 61439

Attachment 61440
    05-06-10 10:47 AM
    Looks nice. If you add a sliding dock, please don't replace the fixed dock, make it an optional version.
    05-06-10 01:54 PM
    I wish there wuz a hidden dock version..plz!..

05-06-10 03:53 PM
    I wish there wuz a hidden dock version..plz!..

LOL, let me get the scrolling dock down first.
    05-06-10 09:31 PM
    If you made this a sliding dock, it would be awesome.... And maybe a weather slot.

Either way, great theme!

05-06-10 09:37 PM
    Maybe move the notification icons to the right of the time or decrease that space?

Oh, and maybe a non-transitions version, so we can move through things quicker.
    Last edited by c0rinne; 05-07-10 at 10:51 AM.
    05-07-10 10:47 AM
    Maybe move the notification icons to the right of the time or decrease that space?

Oh, and maybe a non-transitions version, so we can move through things quicker.
    The non transitions part is easy enough.
    That 'space' to the right of the clock is taken up by bluetooth, roaming, wifi and alarm indicators. They are just not on in the preview thumbnail. Don't really know if thats what you mean. Let me know.

Another thing about the transtions, I think I like the zoom in/out and menu slide up/down better than what I used in this one. What do you guys think? Also maybe make the 2 grays part of the panel more transparent?
    05-07-10 01:36 PM
    In which case I'd probably switch the locations and put the notifications at the right and the other at the bottom since the notifications are used more often and it currently looks out of balance.
    05-07-10 05:32 PM
    In which case I'd probably switch the locations and put the notifications at the right and the other at the bottom since the notifications are used more often and it currently looks out of balance.
    This better?

05-07-10 05:50 PM
    This better?

I like this!..you should put this on the version with the hidden/sliding dock ((if you get a chance to make it))..lol..

05-07-10 06:42 PM
    I love this theme! Great job!

05-07-10 08:53 PM
    This better?

Yea. This looks good.
    05-07-10 10:53 PM
    Awesome theme would love to see a scrolling dock version

05-07-10 11:38 PM
    IDK, Let me test it out and I will get back to you! I am not in anyway trying to change the look of the theme because I really like all the themes you have been posting here. Thanks for taking the time to even read the post and reply~

I love this theme. I agree with Jennifer, the only thing that would make this the best I have ever seen is to have the date/time/battery indicator smaller across the top (matched to what it is on the app screen) hope that makes sense... I am obviously new and don't know all the tech lingo yet. thanks again, looks awesome
    10-12-10 11:02 PM
    just downloaded it and love it. keep up the good work.
    10-13-10 08:58 AM
    Great theme...no need to change anything...although, as a wall paper NUT, I ALWAYS change my wall paper...tough this time...GREAT clock...with CREATIVE zooming and positioning of my photos I WAS able to make it work...AWESOME icons!!!

10-13-10 09:31 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD