This is excellent!!! There is one small bug I noticed. When scrolling up through the hidden today calendar entries, the menu highlight is alligned perfectly from the bottom entry to the second from the top. At that point the menu highlight is mis-aligned. Same thing scrolling back down - menu highlight is mis-aligned for the top two entries and then it corrects at the third from the top. Otherwise, I think you've got a finished theme - and a damn good one!!! Thanks for your efforts.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-15-10 04:21 PM
    This is excellent!!! There is one small bug I noticed. When scrolling up through the hidden today calendar entries, the menu highlight is alligned perfectly from the bottom entry to the second from the top. At that point the menu highlight is mis-aligned. Same thing scrolling back down - menu highlight is mis-aligned for the top two entries and then it corrects at the third from the top. Otherwise, I think you've got a finished theme - and a damn good one!!! Thanks for your efforts.
    I noticed that, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to fix it. The only thing that will fix that is if I change the font, but that means it won't be as good on light backgrounds. Any ideas?

05-15-10 04:34 PM
    ===== QUOTE nfldberryuser ====

===== /QUOTE ====

I noticed that, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to fix it. The only thing that will fix that is if I change the font, but that means it won't be as good on light backgrounds. Any ideas?
    Sorry, but I tried theme building for a couple of weeks and ultimately concluded my brain just can't grasp design basics - that's why I leave it to the experts Maybe Ryaningf could offer an informed opinion.

One thing does occur to me though. I've been using your No Cal 12 scrolling dock theme for quite a while now (truly excellent by the way - I've deleted the premium themes on my BB now that I have this and the hidden today scrolling works perfectly. Does that theme use the same font?

Either way, it's a small bug in a really outstanding theme.

05-15-10 04:58 PM
    Call screen is still choppy... There's no resetting the defaults after changing the wallpaper.. U have to apply this svg to a different thm file that u didn't change the background on.. Only way to recover the stock settings..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 05:05 PM
    Nevermind.. Lol I'm a dumbski. Time to make it official. Looks great!!

05-15-10 05:17 PM
    Nevermind.. Lol I'm a dumbski. Time to make it official. Looks great!!

Haha just for you; going to be posted in a new thread. AI Theme. Right after I can fix this issue with the today area. Any ideas on how to fix it? Its a scrolling highlight issue. But, it only happens when the font is set to application content. Any other good usable fonts for the today area?

05-15-10 06:08 PM
    This is excellent!!!
    Very nice and useful theme!
    I like you already add some transparency !
    But it seems for me it would be very handy to have:
    - possibility to get profile icon from the last icon of bottom dock.
    - weather slot up right and when you point there both docks hide
    or without weather slot just hide them (docks)when pointer on profile icon!
    Possibility to choose between hidden docks and to have one (vertical or horizontal) really looks good for me and give some field
    for nice pictures and photos.
    I can�t find how to make working short cuts you described before�
    may you explain, please!
    This is my suggestion so far.
    Other than that the theme is really awesome.
    Good job guys.
    05-15-10 06:30 PM
    Sorry, but I tried theme building for a couple of weeks and ultimately concluded my brain just can't grasp design basics - that's why I leave it to the experts Maybe Ryaningf could offer an informed opinion.

One thing does occur to me though. I've been using your No Cal 12 scrolling dock theme for quite a while now (truly excellent by the way - I've deleted the premium themes on my BB now that I have this and the hidden today scrolling works perfectly. Does that theme use the same font?

I honestly couldn't tell you haha. Ill have to download my own theme again
    05-15-10 06:33 PM
    This is excellent!!!
    Very nice and useful theme!
    I like you already add some transparency !
    But it seems for me it would be very handy to have:
    - possibility to get profile icon from the last icon of bottom dock.
    - weather slot up right and when you point there both docks hide
    or without weather slot just hide them (docks)when pointer on profile icon!
    Possibility to choose between hidden docks and to have one (vertical or horizontal) really looks good for me and give some field
    for nice pictures and photos.
    I can’t find how to make working short cuts you described before…
    may you explain, please!
    This is my suggestion so far.
    Other than that the theme is really awesome.
    Good job guys.
    If you downloaded the latest version, the hotkeys should be there.
    All you have to do is press the keys for the app to open
    $=options
    m=manage connections
    c=clock

To make this experience better, go to options-phone options-general options, and set "dial from homescreen" to "no"

As for the hidden dock: this theme, because the way it was created, wouldnt handle correctly if you were to scroll to the profile button because of navigation issues. there is a way to do this, but it would cause the docks to lag a lot. The other option would be to create my own profile button. however, this idea sounds good in principle, but the theme builder will only allow so my icons on the homescreen. this is also why a weatherdock would not be good too. also, a weather dock would cause the today area to shrink a lot more. But seeing as how i gave u 20 icons to use, im sure you can put your weather app in one of those lol
    Last edited by skippyhdog; 05-15-10 at 06:40 PM.
    05-15-10 06:35 PM

No, the the No Cal theme uses the stock font for the today. want me to post an update with that font? honestly, I installed the AI theme to my berry and used the stock font, then uploaded it with a different font online because the reception of the stock font wasnt handled as well as I had hoped. I mean, unless you are using a white background, the stock font should be ok.
    05-15-10 06:43 PM

===== /QUOTE ====

No, the the No Cal theme uses the stock font for the today. want me to post an update with that font? honestly, I installed the AI theme to my berry and used the stock font, then uploaded it with a different font online because the reception of the stock font wasnt handled as well as I had hoped. I mean, unless you are using a white background, the stock font should be ok.
    As far as I'm concerned the font you've used seems fine. I was only wondering if the issue with the menu highlights in the today preview area might be font-related and, if so, whether there might be a solution in the No Cal theme you did since that works perfectly. Please don't go to any extra effort for me - you guys are doing a lot as it is and I certainly don't want to add any unnecessary complications. Like I said, it's a small bug in an outstanding theme. For what it's worth, I've encountered far more serious bugs in 2-3 premium themes.

05-15-10 07:18 PM
    As far as I'm concerned the font you've used seems fine. I was only wondering if the issue with the menu highlights in the today preview area might be font-related and, if so, whether there might be a solution in the No Cal theme you did since that works perfectly. Please don't go to any extra effort for me - you guys are doing a lot as it is and I certainly don't want to add any unnecessary complications. Like I said, it's a small bug in an outstanding theme. For what it's worth, I've encountered far more serious bugs in 2-3 premium themes.

I didnt think the nocal theme had that same issue?
    05-15-10 07:21 PM

===== /QUOTE ====

I must be more tired than I thought - sorry for not being clear. What I meant is that the No Cal theme works perfectly and you're right there's no issue there at all. I was just wondering if by comparing No Cal to AI you might be able to find a solution to the menu highlight alignment issue in the AI theme. Again, sorry for the confusion - been a long day

05-15-10 07:26 PM
    ===== QUOTE skippyhdog ====

===== /QUOTE ====

===== /QUOTE ====

I must be more tired than I thought - sorry for not being clear. What I meant is that the No Cal theme works perfectly and you're right there's no issue there at all. I was just wondering if by comparing No Cal to AI you might be able to find a solution to the menu highlight alignment issue in the AI theme. Again, sorry for the confusion - been a long day
    The issue can be resolved by changing font back to stock font. I can issue update tomorrow. I think the ppl at mybota are getting ticked at me for uploading so many updates lol

05-15-10 08:42 PM
    This theme is wicked!!! I absolutely love the scrolling feature!!! Will there bill a version with both docks hidden?

05-15-10 11:23 PM
    This theme is wicked!!! I absolutely love the scrolling feature!!! Will there bill a version with both docks hidden?

Just hit the <escape> button on your phone to hide both docks, to bring them back, just start scrolling

05-16-10 09:01 AM
    OK everyone. Gonna make this one official. Look for new thread as soon as bbota approves it
    05-16-10 09:51 AM
    Thanks!!! I love it!!

05-16-10 02:21 PM
    So where do I go to get the theme? The link on page 1 doesn't work. Thanks

OK everyone. Gonna make this one official. Look for new thread as soon as bbota approves it
    S

06-20-10 01:37 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD