I was just wondering if anyone knew what programs they use to make those themes? Because i have Blackberry Theme Studio 5.0 and I was wondering if they use BBTS 5 then could someone show me how to make them so great? THNKS! My pin is: 31517B95
    04-22-10 03:55 AM
    im not sure, as im new, but im assuming its just BBTS, if it is, remember practice makes perfect, i make themes, there quite good (if i do say so myself) but im not releasing them unti im happy with them.
    so yeah...practice is good

hope i helped

-dalethesnail
    04-22-10 05:37 AM
    BlackBerry Theme Studio (Plazmic / Composer) + Adobe Photoshop + Notepad or equivalent text editor. Pretty much all you need.
    04-22-10 08:58 AM
    There really is no secret It all comes down to Plazmic as the tool to export the files, Composer for basic ground work in animation and etc.

For more advanced animations,we like to use After Effects/Cinema. For UI design, Photoshop or Fireworks.

Hope this helps
    04-23-10 01:11 AM
    PS: Check out our latest theme called Polygon. These things take a very long time to come up with, think through and design...you have to love doing it, otherwise, you won't have the patience for it.

But before any of that good stuff happens, it all starts with a notebook and a pencil.

Last edited by elecite.com; 04-23-10 at 01:20 AM.
    04-23-10 01:14 AM
    PS: Check out our latest theme called Polygon. These things take a very long time to come up with, think through and design...you have to love doing it, otherwise, you won't have the patience for it.

But before any of that good stuff happens, it all starts with a notebook and a pencil.

That looks mad cool .. any S1 love for it ?
    04-23-10 01:30 AM

When Will Yall Release A Free Theme For The 85xx Series??..I've Seen It For Other Devices But We ((85xx Users)) Always Get No Love In These Situations!!..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 07:42 AM
    Yup, supports multiple devices including Storm 1 and 2 (OS 5.0 only).

As far as 85xx, drakesaliasonline, to be quite honest, we've moved on for the most part as far as devices with screen resolution 320x240. Very low res. so it's almost impossible for us to execute designs such as these on low res. screens.
    04-23-10 12:17 PM

As far as 85xx, drakesaliasonline, to be quite honest, we've moved on for the most part as far as devices with screen resolution 320x240. Very low res. so it's almost impossible for us to execute designs such as these on low res. screens.
    This is very true, however this is the only model I make themes for because I can test it out myself. I would love to switch services to get the storm, but at&t is outrageous on prices..

04-23-10 02:35 PM

I get what your saying BUT I do like the fact that Company's that put out themes neglect the 85xx users because of that..most ppl with a BB wants a nice theme but it very hard to get that when there's none out for are devices..I'm not mad or anything moreeeee like disappointed..I hope you see where I'm coming from?!?!..

04-23-10 02:51 PM
    ^^ elecite has a point, the 85xx screen resolution is very low.. it's much easier and nicer to make themes for the growing number of users who are buying the 9630 or 9700..

and for making themes, photoshop is a program you def have to be knowledgeable about. Then notepad (and composer) to edit SVG code or whatever ur working on.. It's a pain to learn because bad code can seriously slow down the phone or make glitches on your theme.. then you gotta be seriously passionate about creating your idea because otherwise you wont have the motivation to perfect it.
    04-24-10 03:13 PM
    I understand what you're saying. I wouldn't be too happy myself if I was using one. It just seems like the 85xx never really kicked in...same reason Pearl Flip never took off and same reason why 9670 will never take off.

I will run this by our team but from the discussions we've had in the past, dev. a theme where there is no real demand, can also be a bit disappointing...
    04-24-10 04:07 PM
    how do you make the start menu
    04-24-10 08:59 PM
    That was actually pure Composer.
    04-24-10 10:52 PM
    Xwhoa well I got rid of my blackberry and got a samsung moment (hi res touvh screen)

05-04-10 11:46 PM
    I don't build for elecite or use photoshop, but I do make some pretty nice themes. I made these with composer/BBTS5, Adobe Fireworks CS4 and Notepad.

Made for the 9700 and 9600
    Made for 95X0
    Also for the 95X0

All 3 of them are on MobiHand.....we are Phoenix Designs....if you go to BlackBerrySpot.com...there is a direct link. Those are 3 I personally made, but there are many on there from our other developers too.
    Last edited by HiTekSolutions; 05-28-10 at 11:03 PM.
    05-28-10 10:57 PM
    I just downloaded the blacksun 2012 theme posted recently. And i think its amazing. i understand that there isnt a high demand for themes for the 85xx curves. but please please please figure something out for us too!! we need lots of lovins too. We'll just pretend the 85xx is elite you see. only select users have it and use it. lol. but im sure something could be done and you know the few of us on the 85xx"s would worship you forever!!!!
    06-01-10 06:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD