Having a bad day today so im in complaint mode but anyway.....

Is anyone else slighlty dissapointed at the lack of Free Themes for the 8520??

After being with Nokia for years, i am used to having website after website with free themes, only to move to BB and find that they are almost all chargeable!!

not taking anything away from the the creators of the themes who spend time on them therefore wanting to get something in return but surely this is the same for Nokia but the nokia theme developers dont seem to want money in return!? (as a non IT person i am unsure but is there more work needed in BB theme developing??)

Do people think its becase the phone is still relatively new as i can see loads of free themes for other BB devices!!??
    If there has been enough time for people to design Premium Themes is there not enough time for people to develop free themes??

sorry, rant over.
    09-22-09 09:36 AM
    I am disappointed in the lack of any kind of themes for the 8520. I don't see much to select from at all. I was looking for a simple blank screen theme to showcase my walls but it took a while to get one and several requests.
    09-22-09 09:51 AM
    Beyond disappointed, you would think after paying sooo much money for your phone they would at least have themes for it. I check everyday and barely anything.
    09-22-09 11:20 AM
    Be patience my friends. It happened with other series too. Rome wasn't build in one day remember?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 02:38 PM
    Just be patient. When this phone heads to other carriers and more 8520s out there. We will get more themes.

09-22-09 03:53 PM
    I'm with you on that. I'm pretty disappointed in the selection offered. I'm hopeful that there will be more in time.
    09-22-09 10:05 PM
    I feel the same way because I'm online all day looking for them but I guess because the phone is relatively new there won't be any for a while.
    09-23-09 11:48 AM
    I have been reduced to trying to learn plazmic to make my own themes...

*sigh*
    09-23-09 03:04 PM
    Not as hard as it seems, i made my first theme in less than 2 hours. The hardest part is working with the smaller icons, making your own icons is a pain, especially when the only photo editing program you have is MSPaint.
    09-23-09 04:12 PM
    09-23-09 04:26 PM
    Not as hard as it seems, i made my first theme in less than 2 hours. The hardest part is working with the smaller icons, making your own icons is a pain, especially when the only photo editing program you have is MSPaint.
    I need a plazmic for dummies book then lol
    09-23-09 04:36 PM
    I am also disapointed but its for the lack of everything. I know once the other modes are released with the trtackpad apps will start rolling in but I'm just waiting.

09-24-09 08:18 AM

After being with Nokia for years, i am used to having website after website with free themes, only to move to BB and find that they are almost all chargeable!!
    There's a lot of free themes. Question is how many of them are ported for the 8520?

I doubt a lot of people have an 8520, hence you don't see a lot of themes like you would a 83xx Curve...
    09-24-09 05:26 PM
    c'mon developers start porting..
    09-28-09 11:37 PM
    c'mon developers start porting..
    Yeah please!!
    09-29-09 11:22 AM
    Has anyone tried loading a curve 83xx theme on the 8520? I would think the 8520 would be backwards compatible with those older themes.
    09-29-09 07:43 PM
    It won't work, different OS.

8530 themes will run on the 85xx and vise versa.

09-29-09 07:48 PM

not taking anything away from the the creators of the themes who spend time on them therefore wanting to get something in return but surely this is the same for Nokia but the nokia theme developers dont seem to want money in return!? (as a non IT person i am unsure but is there more work needed in BB theme developing??)

Do people think its becase the phone is still relatively new as i can see loads of free themes for other BB devices!!??
    If there has been enough time for people to design Premium Themes is there not enough time for people to develop free themes??

sorry, rant over.
    Four free themes for the 8520. If you want them they are yours for the taking. I post themes for free when I had my 8320 and the 8800 and I will continue that trend with the 8520. My themes are as is, I will not modify for individual taste, it is what it is. there are no OTA files, because I do not know how to do that, I find uploading zip files easier and I do not have to worry about finding a hosting site, everything is onsite here. Just download the zip file if you are so incline and unzip it and install via DM or the apploader with opening DM, Which I always find to be a bit of a pain. Be patient.
    09-30-09 12:14 AM

I am right there with you! In general, I love themage for BlackBerry but having just switched to the 8520, I find the number of free themes sadly lacking. Whereas I could find a plethora of themes for the 8320, most of those I find for the 8520 come at a price.

I did discover one free theme that I absolutely love BUT it is a zip file and turned out not to work with my phone anyway. WAHHH!

I may just have to learn to do it myself.
    10-02-09 11:00 PM
    isn't the 8520 fairly new still? i'm not talented enough to make my own themes so hopefully someone comes throughh with some more free ones!!
    10-08-09 01:40 PM
    Oh boy am i happy to read these posts. lol.

I really wish themes would come faster. Since the time i bought my phone, Ive just been online searching for themes. Even simple ones!

And i totally agree about the charging thing. I mean, what's with that? Is everyone so money minded when it comes to BB 8520 themes? Where's the love?

I just hope cool, awesome, and FREE themes dont come out by the time i buy a new phone. cz that was suck hard.
    10-21-09 12:36 PM
    There are at least 10-15 free themes out there. A lot are on this forum.
    10-21-09 01:00 PM
    Themes for the 8350i should work as well.
    10-21-09 01:33 PM
    DOH! posted before reading the last post... Anyway, here's what I posted:

I'm not sure if it works the other way around, but I have an 8350i and can use 8520 themes without problems. Have any of you tried 8350i themes on the 8520?
    10-21-09 08:20 PM
    No, actually. Im a bit worried to do that, though :P

But are you sure?
    10-22-09 03:03 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD