is it possible for the curve 8530 to have the curve 8330 theme? if so would someone be up to making it, i use to have the curve 8330 and now have the curve 8530, i really miss the theme of the curve 8330 and would love to have it for my new curve 8530. please lmk thank you.
    Last edited by srt-omar; 01-01-10 at 02:22 AM.
    01-01-10 02:20 AM
    The themes for the Curve are for the 4.5 OSes, except for where there have been some for the 5.0 leaks. As I have seen, the OSes between the two devices wouldn't allow you to use them.

I wouldn't worry, though, there are themers looking into making themes for the newer version of the Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 03:35 AM
    is it possible for the curve 8530 to have the curve 8330 theme? if so would someone be up to making it, i use to have the curve 8330 and now have the curve 8530, i really miss the theme of the curve 8330 and would love to have it for my new curve 8530. please lmk thank you.
    If you're talking about the Verizon 8330 theme, that's very difficult to replicate on the 8530. I tried and could not get the look I wanted. Reasons for difficulty are the fundamental differences on 4.5 vs 4.6+ theme defaults. For example, the 4.5 uses BB Dimension defaults, like a light background on the Profiles screen. Precision uses a dark background on that screen--that creates font color problems because you cannot change that background. Precision also uses white fonts for folder names, again a font you can't change, making it difficult to use light backgrounds. I think these are reasons why you generally see dark themes for newer devices--the built-in defaults are made for darker themes.

If you're asking about a different theme, sorry for the lengthy response.
    01-01-10 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD