I really love the Royale theme it looked amazing but i got bummed out when it said free and then was all of a sudden premium the whole words instead of icons look really good and is a nice change i would really appreciate if someone considered making a theme which is similar shoot maybe even better
    07-03-10 12:49 AM
    totally agreed
    07-03-10 01:00 AM
    I made one last week that's a copy of it and I would post it up but I'm not to sure the designer would be happy with me putting it up for free because it will be "taking his thunder" if you understand?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 02:40 AM
    I agree! I was sucked when I clicked to find that its not free when it said free! I wonder if there's rules about posting premium themes in free themes section?

07-03-10 06:55 AM
    There is no free themes section its for both free and premium

07-03-10 12:24 PM
    it used to be free when he released it in beta. i had it for awhile, great theme.
    07-03-10 07:06 PM
    I made one last week that's a copy of it and I would post it up but I'm not to sure the designer would be happy with me putting it up for free because it will be "taking his thunder" if you understand?

Hey joebmxx, is it the exact same theme or a little different? I think if its a little different then you would be the creator of your own theme, in essence, you would have created a theme and I say post it! If its the same identical theme then I wouldn't post it, he would get mad then. I had it in beta version for free and had to get a new curve and lost all my themes. I went to download the royale theme again and it wasn't free anymore. I'm not paying for it! I hope I'm right About this though! Hahaha

07-03-10 08:22 PM
    Oh man, you really should post your version. The very fact that you decided to make it free makes me value YOU and YOUR version of it more, and I haven't even seen it haha.

Add me on BBM,bro!
    21cb7b7d

07-03-10 09:36 PM
    Post it I say! I wanted it until it said Premium lol.
    07-03-10 09:49 PM
    Post it I say! I wanted it until it said Premium lol.
    I couldn't possibly agree more haha

C'mon,man!

07-03-10 09:54 PM
    Just like cars, it is not the same thing if there is at least 20% difference from the original

07-04-10 12:43 AM
    well its very similiar and has the same background and style, but the menu background is red and has different banners and some of the abreviated words are done differently il post up some pictures of it
    07-04-10 05:27 AM
    If the free theme uses the same icons and a very similar concept and then the Premium theme writer complains and then if the Mods side with the Premium theme writer - which we probaly will if his theme was out first then we will take down the free theme.

If the theme is that good, then pay for it. It probably too the poor guy a lot of time to make. He or she deserves a drink for making you all happy.
    07-04-10 05:32 AM

i told you its similiar...
    Last edited by joebmxx; 07-04-10 at 05:48 AM.
    07-04-10 05:44 AM
    The request for a free version is akin to saying "the original creator's time, energy and creativity aren't worth $$$ so screw him." That is very uncool.

07-04-10 07:55 AM

i told you its similiar...
    Man, I like YOUR theme even better. You really should post up an OTA, or at least send it to the ppl here that seem so interested in it. I really don't think there's any disrespect meant to the original maker of the other theme. Its a matter of convenience. And Joebmxx did a good job. If he's willing to post it up, I'll definitely be adopting it permanently. It looks beautiful

07-04-10 10:01 AM
    I wouldn't post the ota, that would be very disrespectful, if you like the theme but don't want to pay for it, then learn to make your own. Besides there are free themes in this forum that blow away most of the premium themes available. Check out some of the themes by cfrock and skippy they are quite rockin.

07-04-10 11:39 AM
    The request for a free version is akin to saying "the original creator's time, energy and creativity aren't worth $$$ so screw him." That is very uncool.

You said it somewhat shorter than I did.

I wouldn't post the ota, that would be very disrespectful, if you like the theme but don't want to pay for it, then learn to make your own. Besides there are free themes in this forum that blow away most of the premium themes available. Check out some of the themes by cfrock and skippy they are quite rockin.

Thank you. My own theme is Premium that I paid extra for to have a unique customization on top of buying the original theme. '

I got it from dougefresh - it's his Windows 7 theme modified for me.
    07-04-10 11:46 AM
    I wanna try it too! E-mail the link to me or BBM me [email protected] pin: 21811BBB

*PS* Everyone go try out my theme! Its my first theme I've ever made and its called " OSi 7even " its on the first page of posts ..OTA link is here MyBBOTA.com Download - OSi 7even ..I don't think you can click it but you'll have to copy and paste it in your browser..Thanks!!..

07-04-10 12:19 PM

I agree, however the original creator should also take "free" out of the thread title when he changed the link from the free OTA link to the premium version.

Not only that, but the link still appears to be an OTA link, but actually redirects to the BlackberryCool web store.

So, even though the designer is talented, and should be compensated for his work, he's posted a thread proclaiming his theme to be free, providing a link which again appears to be free, yet has the reader landing on another site's app store.

If he doesn't have the decency to at least clearly state that his theme is premium, and preferably link to the theme in the Crackberry store (where its also available, instead of driving traffic to another site) then I really can't support him.

He may be a good designer, but his sales and people skills suck. What he's doing is a classic bait-and-switch, and if someone steps up and provides exactly what he's claiming to provide, that's his problem for posting that thread like it is.

Last edited by sickboy719; 07-04-10 at 01:42 PM.
    07-04-10 01:23 PM
    It just like makes me sad, that like such a great flippin theme ORIGINALLY MEANT TO BE FREE is not 5 bucks :/ I don't have a credit card, I'm too young, but I LOVE this theme, and now I'm shafted epically -__-

07-04-10 01:47 PM
    The more I think about it, that guy's a complete D-bag.
    He puts this link in his post:
    Code:
    Code:
    http://bashu.ba.ohost.de/Royale/com_plazmic_theme_Royale.jad
    When you click it, his site redirects you here:
    Code:
    http://store.blackberrycool.com/platformMain.asp?platform=5&sString=3847&pString=true
    That's f*ed up.
    Last edited by sickboy719; 07-04-10 at 02:04 PM.
    07-04-10 02:02 PM
    Driveby...the original post was free as a BETA cuz he needed testers. Quit your belly achin' and either learn to build your own theme or pony up the $$$ and buy it. Either way there is some effort on your part.

Nuff' said. Happy 4th!

07-04-10 05:41 PM
    I think its important that all posts are directed more positive in this thread! Wouldn't everyone agree?

07-04-10 05:50 PM
    please put up an OTA. this theme is awesome, and I'd love to have it on my blackberry. I'd take an OTA by PM if you decide not to publicize the theme.
    Last edited by turnthemusikoff; 07-04-10 at 10:02 PM.
    07-04-10 07:15 PM
59 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD