OK, so I have searched and searched these forums. I have came across ONE very nice theme that I downloaded OTA. It's called Flare. I forgot which thread I found it in but I will find it again to share with all who have yet to see it.

With this being said; what is everyone's favorite FREE theme for the 8520/8530?
    02-02-10 11:05 PM
    definitely clearview, wihch is what i am using now
    02-03-10 06:13 AM
    OK, so I have searched and searched these forums. I have came across ONE very nice theme that I downloaded OTA. It's called Flare. I forgot which thread I found it in but I will find it again to share with all who have yet to see it.

download it's now
    02-03-10 08:12 AM
    o want to download it's theme
    02-03-10 08:12 AM
    definitely clearview, wihch is what i am using now
    Where can we find it?
    02-03-10 11:48 AM

Here is the link to the FLARE theme that I've been hyped about. Thanks to phishgirl.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f154/fr...-flare-374294/
    02-03-10 12:16 PM
    You can find clearview in the BlackBerry Themes - 8530/8520 Themes section of this website.
    02-03-10 12:49 PM
    Here is the link to the FLARE theme that I've been hyped about. Thanks to phishgirl.
    Yea I liked flare for a while but then got bored with it really quick just like I do with the heaps of themes I have. I must say tho, the theme that has been keeping me happy for a while is a rather simple L theme. And that's exactly what its called to. There is an OTA with weather as well as the standard without weather one. There's another L theme out but there are a few things it could do improving on. So at the moment the simple L Theme is my fav!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-10 12:58 PM
    Yea I liked flare for a while but then got bored with it really quick just like I do with the heaps of themes I have. I must say tho, the theme that has been keeping me happy for a while is a rather simple L theme. And that's exactly what its called to. There is an OTA with weather as well as the standard without weather one. There's another L theme out but there are a few things it could do improving on. So at the moment the simple L Theme is my fav!!

Whats so great about the L theme? I was looking at it and didn't really see anything worth jumping around about? I may be wrong though
    02-03-10 01:09 PM
    Did a search in the 8520/8530 for clearview and came up with nada. Got a link?
    02-03-10 02:04 PM
    the creator of the clearview theme said its currently not available for 5.0, and it costs $2.99
    02-03-10 04:00 PM
    I purchased clearview when i had my 8330, emailed him when i got this phone and he helped me out.
    02-03-10 06:35 PM
    Whats so great about the L theme? I was looking at it and didn't really see anything worth jumping around about? I may be wrong though
    Lol I didn't actually say there was something great about the L theme. I merely stated that its keeping me happy and its my fav, for now. To be honest I usually only jump around either when I'm dancing or after being given a gift that I have wanted for a long time. Up to this day I have never jumped around from installing a theme. I don't know anyone who has, but like you say.. I may be wrong though lol. However, seeing that you asked a question, I shall answer! I find that the L themes subtle modifications combined with its simplicity provides me with what I want in a perfect theme! Its simple yet looks good imo.

02-03-10 06:53 PM
    You are awesome. Thanks so much for the kind words.
    02-03-10 07:03 PM
    No problem. I still say it's the best theme I have found for this Blackberyy. I can't wait to see theme you're currently designing
    02-03-10 10:06 PM
    I currently have 2 themes on my phone.

The first is Purple Flame that I am currently using and I really like it. I don't like a lot of stuff on my home screen and I really like the hidden today. Got it from the BB store. The link is below.

Purple Flame w/ Hidden Today - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store

My 2nd theme is called Xscale Orange and it was replaced by the Purple flame. It has a bottom dock that can be hidden. It was made by CB user ABENKZ. The link is below.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f154/xs...-theme-411431/
    02-04-10 02:06 AM
    i agree....phishgirl3 is the best!!!!
    02-04-10 12:02 PM
    Some new themes =(
    I know there are a few designers out there like phishgirl who are currently working on several..but it would be awesome if we could have a couple modern type of themes with color options that were released for the 8530.
    02-22-10 03:52 PM
    I'm also using the Purple Flame theme. I really like it - especially since it matches my purple Curve.

02-22-10 10:46 PM
    Are there any themes out there that allow you to alter placement of icons and date and stuff? Or not even show them up front at all? I am new to blackberry and realize I maybe asking something stupid but the only way you learn is to ask.

02-22-10 11:08 PM
    There are a few wallpaper themes like reverie (spelling?) that looks pretty nice.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-22-10 11:40 PM
    Are there any themes out there that allow you to alter placement of icons and date and stuff? Or not even show them up front at all? I am new to blackberry and realize I maybe asking something stupid but the only way you learn is to ask.

A theme can't be altered from your BB in the way you asked about. You can rearrange the order of icons on the home screen for most themes, but not the clock or where the icons are placed.
    You can look for themes that are "wallpaper friendly" if you don't want a lot on your home screen. This usually means that the icons are in a hidden dock, tiny in size, or not on the home screen at all.
    And if you can't find what you're looking for, there are a few threads started in the forums for requests. Offering to donate for a custom theme never hurts, and your request would probably be filled faster. (Just my opinion anyhow.)

And hey, Welcome to BB and CrackBerry! You've come to the right place for your questions.
    02-23-10 12:20 AM
    I just wanted to bump this up now that there are more themes out there. What themes do you think are the best?
    04-16-10 12:48 AM
    this should be moved to the 85xx theme forum....fdb8231 makes the best themes...search his work...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f154/cu...n-dock-454256/

his latest and free
    04-16-10 01:00 AM
    MyBBOTA.com Download - precision mod

thats my favorite its a hidden today theme and its his first theme it works perfectly and the weather slot is sweet. also has a 3g sign. by far my favorite, especially if you like to put your own picture in the background. his name is craign1317! thank him!
    04-16-10 01:55 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD