I keep trying to NOT like the VZW theme on my Curve. I've downloaded several alternative themes, and even purchased a few (Classy Corners & iBerry). But IMHO none of them compare to the VZW theme. Things I like about the VZW theme:

• 5 good-sized icons on the Home screen
    • Icons are big and bold
    • Bottom dock
    • Easy to see when I have an SMS or email

Things I don't like about the VZW theme:

• Plane-Jane fonts
    • Date/Time banner looks out of place IMO
    • It's from Verizon (I usually try to avoid VZW-supplied items on my phones; my way to revolt against them locking down their phones)

One of the theme's I've downloaded is the PMB-MiniStorm. I like everthing about it EXCEPT for the icons. They are almost invisible (by design). I'd rather have my icons stand out. With the supplied PMB-MiniStorm background, it's very difficult to see them.

The iBerry Blocks that I purchased, well I didn't realize that there wasn't a Home screen, separate from the Application screen. I definately want a nice, clean Home screen.

Classy Corners is ok, but it's left-docked, and the icons are similiar to the PMB-MiniStorm (hard to see).

...Still searching for my perfect theme...

What I REALLY like is the iBold theme from Elecite, but it's only compatible with the Bold.
    10-22-08 06:02 PM
    I've seen the Verizon theme and i really like it myself, even better than t-mobile's, i unlocked all themes when i upgraded to 4.5 but i didnt get vzw.
    elicite is one of the best i've seen so far.
    10-22-08 06:04 PM
    The vzw theme is sick. I have that and iberry zen. But I used vzw before that haha just embrace it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 06:45 PM
    I have the same problem if u want to call it a problem. Gave the storm theme a try best so far but only lasted a day.

10-22-08 06:46 PM
    the standard once are always the best IMO
    10-22-08 06:50 PM
    I used the VZW theme before switching over to the BB Demension L Theme. They are the best themes I've used that has easy to read menu screens. I like the VZW Theme, but I prefer the L theme because you get more icons on the home screen. If you scroll upwards it quickly switches to the left icons. If you scroll left or right it quickly switches to the bottom icons. I didn't like the preinstalled wallpaper. After changing it, it's nice. The Bold Themes I purchased and downloaded look nice, but I'm not too fond of the menu screen and fonts. So I went back to the BB L.

10-22-08 07:00 PM
    See that's why I can't buy a theme. I'll get one, use it a day or two, then go back to the L theme I normally use.

10-22-08 08:21 PM
    Ya I have to agree... I find my self going back to the Verizon theme as well. but wallpaper does change often....

Verizon theme just seems clean and usable.
    10-22-08 08:35 PM
    Verizon theme and BB Dimension L for me as well. Really impressed by the Verizon theme although I wish it came in L as well, I think the icons are great and easily read.

Anyone have a Verizon L theme they made they want to share?
    10-22-08 08:51 PM
    Vzw too. I like the font size and icons as well. Especially mail box with the bright star indicating a new msg. I haven't seen a theme worth buying. They all have potiential, but there is always something that bugs

10-22-08 08:57 PM
    Sweet.....a verizon L theme. My perfect theme search would be over!

10-22-08 08:59 PM
    What is the storm theme? Just the default one that comes with it?

10-22-08 09:00 PM
    It's all about the BB OSX Theme by Corey Visto!
    10-22-08 09:21 PM
    What is the storm theme? Just the default one that comes with it?

Do a search for PMP mini storm. Steven made this theme and it is one of the best I have seen. If you go to pimpmyberry.com it is on there too.

10-22-08 09:27 PM
    Do a search for PMP mini storm. Steven made this theme and it is one of the best I have seen. If you go to pimpmyberry.com it is on there too.

I agree - the MiniStorm is really neat!

before I had the myjavelin theme from themes4bb - but this one is even nicer, as I prefere the smaller icons on the home screen -

C
    05-02-09 04:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD