I've been looking for a new theme for my BB and I keep coming across "Zen". Can anyone explain to a total BB Virgin what this is? I've had my 1st BB all of 4 weeks!
    06-26-08 06:03 AM
    its a theme with 5-6 icons listed on the left side of the theme
    06-26-08 06:45 AM
    Go to Options, Themes. You already have one.
    06-26-08 07:08 AM
    You can arrange which icons appear on the Zen theme from you home page. The first icons on the home page appear there. By contrast, the Today theme shows the first couple of calendar and message entries, but the downside is that the icons cannot be arranged differently. There is a downloadable BB Dimension Today Plus them that has the Today icons on the left, then Zen-like icons hidden on the right to which you can scroll.
    06-26-08 07:17 AM
    Once you get the hang of using your berry and find some apps you use commonly and preloaded shortcuts I think you will find like I did that the "L" style theme is extremely convenient. That's all I use now. And as was stated just go to your theme menu and you will have preloaded zen,today,icon, and "L" themes to choose from and then just find your a wallpaper and you are good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 08:06 AM
    chollow2 is 100% right about the "L" theme. This is the best theme that I have found for my BB thus far. The only theme I would like better is a tweaked version of the Today theme that shows like 4 or 5 recent messages and 4 or 5 upcoming calendar events (as opposed to the 2 that are displayed in all the Today themes I have found).

The "L" theme is nice because it allows you to have a nice background that you can see and that isnt covered up, while still having access to 9 or 10 functions from the home screen. As chollow said, as soon as you start to get more comfortable with your BB you will realize which programs you use most and can put those in the top spots to show up on the home screen.

I did notice, however, that you are not on VZW/Sprint/Alltel so you do not have OS 4.3. I am not sure if the "L" theme is available for OS 4.2.x or not, but I am sure if you take a quick look on the BB homepage you will find an answer.

Good luck!
    06-26-08 10:40 AM
    Welcome to CB by the way.
    06-26-08 10:42 AM
    There are some sites where customer "L" themes have been developed for 4.2. Those of you who like the "L" theme might be interested in the Today Plus. Here's a link to more info and a download:
    BB Dimension Today Plus Theme Review and Download link

This looks great with the right wallpaper.
    06-26-08 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD