**UPDATE 03.15**
    For some reason the OTA downloads from the Crackberry store aren't working for people, so I am taking them down and reworking them. They should again be available in a day or two. until then, I will put up the .zip files to the themes for desktop download, you'll find them at the bottom of this post. let me know if there are any problems with these.

**UPDATE 03.11**
    Both the Bottom Dock and Today themes are improved with minor tweaks, and now available to download at the Crackberry Store! Check them out at the links below. FREE OTA download.

I have taken down the attachments to the DM .zip files in this post as they are outdated versions of the themes, however if you still need the desktop version, PM me with your e-mail and I will send you a copy.

**UPDATE 03.09**
    Fixed a minor problem with the navigation of the Today theme. revised OTA will come in a couple of days.

**UPDATE 03.08**
    At a poster's request I've made a Today theme. OTA is up and running.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

in honor of the Watchmen movie coming out I thought I'd make a Watchmen theme for myself, then decided why keep it to myself when I'm sure there's other fans out there. Anyway, enjoy! this was by far one of the most fun to work on.

Bottom dock is customizable. I'll kick you if you change the wallpapers*

comments and constructive criticism welcome

Edit - Note* Be sure and check out the extra wallpapers, I promise I won't kick you if you use them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Screens:
    (Minor changes such as smaller battery indicators, color improvements and general aesthetic improvements are not visible in these screens... download the themes and see for yourself )

Today screen:

--DOWNLOADS--
    OTA links unavailable, check back in a couple of days. sorry guys ;(

**EXTRA WALLPAPERS**
    check the following post numbers for a bunch of different Watchmen wallpapers:

Last edited by ninja please; 03-15-09 at 12:01 PM. Reason: updated
    02-24-09 11:45 PM
    This is a really cool theme! Very nice! Can't wait for the movie to come out! Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 12:10 AM
    thanks yeah, I've been waiting for like a year for the movie, so much hype I hope it's as good as or better than the book.
    02-25-09 12:16 AM
    great theme
    02-25-09 06:54 PM
    OTA link added!
    02-26-09 10:37 PM
    Best. Thing. Ever.

Thanks for making it available!

And yeah, I can't wait for the movie to come out either! It's gonna be f'n sweet!
    02-27-09 09:29 PM
    thanks I saw another trailer for it today on filmdrunk, they just keep getting better.
    02-28-09 12:11 AM
    nice theme man thanks. the ive been waiting for this movie as well. hope its worth the 2 hours and 45 min.
    02-28-09 01:05 AM
    haha sick. hope the movie is as cool as ur theme.
    03-01-09 03:08 PM
    awesome theme my only comment is on the font size, i feel like its a little big, and the message notifications at the top by the time, they seem to cloud around the time maybe moving or shrinking the battery or i dunno i really like this but if it could be impvoed on that'd be even better!
    03-02-09 03:23 PM
    awesome theme my only comment is on the font size, i feel like its a little big, and the message notifications at the top by the time, they seem to cloud around the time maybe moving or shrinking the battery or i dunno i really like this but if it could be impvoed on that'd be even better!
    thanks for the input, I will be working on this theme some more in the next couple of days and will take that into consideration. already changed the battery, I thought it was a bit too large too. I will upload a newer version in a couple of days, and try to get another OTA of the improved version up.
    any input as to what fonts are preferable is welcome, as is all other constructive criticism! I use BBMillibank Tall by default, I just like the way it looks. haven't been able to figure out how to make the fonts user customizable but I'm looking into it.

also gonna put a few wallpapers up in case people want a change.
    03-02-09 06:17 PM
    Watchmen wallpapers, 320x240

03-02-09 06:36 PM
    more Watchmen wallpapers

03-02-09 06:36 PM
    thanks thanks thanks for the wp's!! WATCHMEN!!!!! yAy!! btw awesome theme, if i had a curve i'd totally use, but the wp's are more than enough for my lil pearl
    03-06-09 08:16 AM
    On my way to 1130 movie right now. Perfect timing, thanks for great work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 09:08 AM
    thanks thanks thanks for the wp's!! WATCHMEN!!!!! yAy!! btw awesome theme, if i had a curve i'd totally use, but the wp's are more than enough for my lil pearl
    I'm working on a Pearl theme, but I have no way of trying it out because I don't own one. I'll send you a PM when I'm done, if you wanna try it out before I release it to make sure it works.
    03-07-09 01:51 AM
    I'm working on a Pearl theme, but I have no way of trying it out because I don't own one. I'll send you a PM when I'm done, if you wanna try it out before I release it to make sure it works.
    Sure!! i'd love that!!
    03-07-09 08:43 AM
    Is there a Watchmen today theme?
    03-07-09 04:09 PM
    Sure!! i'd love that!!
    I realized I can't add attachments in a PM, so I've added the desktop install files here. I haven't been able to get an OTA up yet, but if you can install it let me know how it looks and if changes need to be made. it's my first Pearl theme so I have no idea if it's gonna look good. one thing I did notice is I could only fit 4 icons on the bottom, I tried making an L theme (I'll add that to the attachments if you wanna try it out too) but it looked strange... I think I'll have to end up resizing all the icons so I can fit more at the bottom.

if anyone else wants to try it out for their pearl, feel free... if it works then I'll post a thread in the Pearl forum for it.

and BTW Golf-Tech, I'll put up a Today theme soon. didn't even think about it I never use Today, but I know a lot of people do so I'll give that option.
    Last edited by ninja please; 03-07-09 at 08:58 PM.
    03-07-09 08:49 PM
    I realized I can't add attachments in a PM, so I've added the desktop install files here. I haven't been able to get an OTA up yet, but if you can install it let me know how it looks and if changes need to be made. it's my first Pearl theme so I have no idea if it's gonna look good. one thing I did notice is I could only fit 4 icons on the bottom, I tried making an L theme (I'll add that to the attachments if you wanna try it out too) but it looked strange... I think I'll have to end up resizing all the icons so I can fit more at the bottom.
    everything works smoothly & looks great

here's some screenshots:

i'll give the L theme a try tommorow
    03-07-09 09:25 PM
    Is there a Watchmen today theme?
    added Today theme, no OTA yet but DM install is up on the first post.

awesome BlackPearl, I'll put it up in the Pearl forum. thanks for trying it out.

edit: I put it up on the Pearl themes section
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=1886090

tweaked it a bit from the other version.
    Last edited by ninja please; 03-07-09 at 11:12 PM.
    03-07-09 10:14 PM
    Thanks Ninga Please! Its Awesome!
    03-08-09 11:13 AM
    awesome BlackPearl, I'll put it up in the Pearl forum. thanks for trying it out.

edit: I put it up on the Pearl themes section
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=1886090

tweaked it a bit from the other version.
    ur welcome!! happy to help!
    03-08-09 11:52 AM
    OTA for Today theme is up!
    03-09-09 06:31 PM
    Saw the film this past Sunday and completely enjoyed it! Your theme is a perfect companion piece. I'm currently using the Today + version you have up! Thanks.

CC
    03-09-09 08:34 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD