I've crawled the web, and haven't been able to figure this one out.. so hopefully someone can..

Here is what I want: A home screen that lists my recent e-mails, SMS messages, upcoming calendar appointments, and missed calls. In fact, it doesn't even need to display the missed calls, just that I have some, and I can check the call log to find out who I missed.

Right now I'm using the "BB Dimension Today" theme, and it displays my recent messages, upcoming calendar appointments, and missed calls. I have my SMS messages separate from my e-mail, because I have 4 e-mail accounts, and get a good amount of mail that isn't important, so I don't want to sift through those messages to get my SMS texts, which are almost always important. With those separate, my home screen doesn't display texts at all.

Is there any way that I can change this? If not, is there a theme out there that does this? Any info would be great!

Thanks!

-Jimmy
    06-14-08 03:11 AM
    there are free themes out there, but can be a pain trying to find the right one. today themes are even harder to find.

that is why i loaded plazmic theme builder. it is quite and install consisting of not just that program but like 4 other developer kit type things as well. bottom line.... you can then make you own.

i use one just like you described... email, sms, and calendar. thats all that really fits one the screen without making the fonts really small. It is in black with yellow writing.

attached is a zip file. in it is the cod and als file.

enjoy, cody
    06-14-08 06:35 AM
    Jimmy-
    I had the same issue and searched forums and sites for close to a week for the theme I wanted (I'm picky). I finally found a great today theme, although I paid a couple bucks for it. Just google "midnight blue theme" and it should come up. It's very simple looking,sleek, and user-friendly.
    Hope u like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 12:09 PM
    there are free themes out there, but can be a pain trying to find the right one. today themes are even harder to find.

that is why i loaded plazmic theme builder. it is quite and install consisting of not just that program but like 4 other developer kit type things as well. bottom line.... you can then make you own.

i use one just like you described... email, sms, and calendar. thats all that really fits one the screen without making the fonts really small. It is in black with yellow writing.

attached is a zip file. in it is the cod and als file.

enjoy, cody
    THis looks like what I've been looking for too. How do I use this? DO I install one of these files on the BB? Thanks
    06-14-08 12:11 PM
    ok here is another one for ya. it is actually the same exact thing as the "BB Dimension Today" theme except i removed the "phone call log" and put in the "sms". i call it ""BB Dimension Today2" theme.

it will always show a little icon on the top if you missed a call, and you can always hit the green phone key to see who and if you missed one. i think the sms is the better of the two to have. i like to keep my emails and sms's seperate as well.

below is a zip file with two files in it. the alx and cod files need to be in the same place all the time. how to install to you BB.... using the desktop manager, select "app loader" and then navagate to where you saved the attached files. the desktop manager will only see one file, the alx, which is fine. when you then start to load the als the cod file will automaticly follow.

hope you like, cody
    06-14-08 02:27 PM
    THis looks like what I've been looking for too. How do I use this? DO I install one of these files on the BB? Thanks
    i think i answered your question in post number 5. i will look for a better tutorial.

cody

i found this in the theme thread...

To Download A Theme To Your BlackBerry From Your PC

Go to the provider from whom you wish to buy or download a theme. Do this on your PC. Download the Theme to your PC. It may be zipped so you will need to unzip the file. Connect your Blackberry to your computer. Open up Desktop Manager. Then open Application Loader. Then open. Add. Find the file called “Themes.alx” and hit “OK”. After the installation finishes, you now need to change the theme by going to Settings. Click Options. Then click Themes and select the new theme.
    Last edited by CodyBB; 06-14-08 at 02:32 PM.
    06-14-08 02:28 PM
    Is there any way to download those 2 zipped files and view them in Theme Builder and possibly edit them?
    If not could you send me the Theme Builder file to view
    06-14-08 05:22 PM
    CodyBB ... thanks so much for the "BB Dimension Today2" Theme. It's exactly what I've been looking for. Also, thanks for posting the exact instructions as to how to put this on my bb. I'm pretty much still a newbie and am not very computer savvy so need very detailed instructions. I had no problems at all putting this on my computer using your instructions.

Thanks again ... sherrie
    07-08-08 07:52 AM
    BBToday for free. it has customizable sections to add things you want on your today screen. completely theme independent.

http://bbrtm.org/bbtoday/bbtoday.jad (OTA download)
    07-08-08 08:30 AM
    oakie- how do you customize the home screen with the icons? i'm not gettin' it....
    07-08-08 12:07 PM
    oakie- how do you customize the home screen with the icons? i'm not gettin' it....
    you cant. who implied you could?

the theme is as is. you can download other themes or you can build your own with plazmic. but you cannot customize a theme you already have on there.
    07-08-08 01:24 PM

the theme is as is. you can download other themes or you can build your own with plazmic. but you cannot customize a theme you already have on there.
    Hey Oakie, read 3 posts back.
    07-08-08 02:29 PM
    Love the My Black theme!! Is there any way to change the number of calendar events that is shows you?
    07-08-08 04:01 PM

My bad. I thought when you used the word CUSTOMIZABLE, you were implying that things could be changed.

So, for those of you who have not already dl'd this theme-you can't move those icons around! (Just to clear up any confusion....)

07-08-08 04:32 PM
    I've crawled the web, and haven't been able to figure this one out.. so hopefully someone can..

Here is what I want: A home screen that lists my recent e-mails, SMS messages, upcoming calendar appointments, and missed calls. In fact, it doesn't even need to display the missed calls, just that I have some, and I can check the call log to find out who I missed.

Right now I'm using the "BB Dimension Today" theme, and it displays my recent messages, upcoming calendar appointments, and missed calls. I have my SMS messages separate from my e-mail, because I have 4 e-mail accounts, and get a good amount of mail that isn't important, so I don't want to sift through those messages to get my SMS texts, which are almost always important. With those separate, my home screen doesn't display texts at all.

Is there any way that I can change this? If not, is there a theme out there that does this? Any info would be great!

Thanks!

-Jimmy
    Jimmy,
    Haven't seen anyone mention it, but you need to check out "Pocket Day". As far as the today screen you described, it does exactly that. You can even choose the order to display i.e., emails, missed calls, appt, tasks, weather and so forth. Its more than just a theme, but its very useful. I suggest checking it out. You can set it so that after so long, it will default back to the "today" screen and so forth.
    07-08-08 04:55 PM
    Jimmy,
    Haven't seen anyone mention it, but you need to check out "Pocket Day". As far as the today screen you described, it does exactly that. You can even choose the order to display i.e., emails, missed calls, appt, tasks, weather and so forth. Its more than just a theme, but its very useful. I suggest checking it out. You can set it so that after so long, it will default back to the "today" screen and so forth.

Sorry, but the "Pocket Day" is NOT a today screen - it's an application... I repeat, it is NOT a today screen...
    07-20-08 07:00 AM
    Sorry, but the "Pocket Day" is NOT a today screen - it's an application... I repeat, it is NOT a today screen...
    True, not a theme, but a great useful app. You can't do what you want using a theme. The Blackberry operating system is limited. This is one of my few issues with BB. Other than not being able to display a voicemail icon, PocketDay is easily configurable to display what ever you want, in any order you want.

So I've just accepted that I'm stuck with Today, Zen, or Icon themes. I personally love BB Dimension Today2 that Cody suggested, and have used it exclusively since I found out about it.

And yes, there are a lot of really cheesy homemade themes out there. I think I've tried them all!
    07-20-08 10:37 AM
    Boldberry today theme handles all of this...

07-20-08 11:21 AM
    Boldberry today theme handles all of this...

Boldberry theme for Curve or the Boldberry itself?
    07-20-08 07:35 PM
    I think he meant the boldberry today theme.

Here is a link to another forum with the desktop / ota links for the icon, zen & today versions.

Nice theme, dark blue with SMS/MMS; MESSAGES & CALENDAR on the today version. (Also has APPLICATIONS icon)

83xx - BoldBerry - PinStack.com - BlackBerry forums

Hope this helps,
    -Dave
    07-20-08 08:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD