Hello all!
    I'm new to the blackberry world. I just bought my first blackberry 2 weeks ago, I got the Curve 8330 and I'm loving it! I just was curious about a few things...what do the themes do for the device? Is it just for looks or does it actually make it upgraded or what's the deal with the themes? Also, I was messing around with the apps and I somehow I hid my messages apps and I don't know how to get it back. I've tried to browse throught the existing threads to see if someone else has already asked the same questions but didn't find anything. Does anyone know how to bring the messaging app back?
    05-19-09 03:18 PM
    To find a hidden icon:

Show All

To unhide an icon:

Hover over icon
    Uncheck Hide

Themes change the look and layout of the device. There are many free and lost cost themes available! i've moved your thread to the 83xx Theme area so that you can have a look around at them!

You can read this for advice: BlackBerry 101: The Basics of BlackBerry Themes | CrackBerry.com

Welcome to CrackBerry.com!
    05-19-09 03:23 PM
    Themes are for cosmetics basically, they change the icons, menu, banner, etc. To get your message application back, scroll over any icon >Hit Menu >Show all...
    05-19-09 03:23 PM
    click on your bb button to enter the application screen, then click on the bb button again. Scroll down to show all, all the icons that are lighter are the icons that are hidden, scroll to your message app then click on bb button again and click hide(you'll see a check mark beside it) It'll bring it back to your application screen.

In terms of themes, a lot of theme make awesome eye candy, ppl like to personalize their themes according to how they express themselves. There are different kind of expressions of themes, like the Dock, Today and Zen.

I prefer today themes cause of my many appointments with clients, so I like to see them on my phone.

Updating your OS on your BB comes with many advantages...as many themes are for versions 4.5, you'll find your BB more faster and less bugs.
    05-19-09 03:29 PM
    Thank you for the responses. This has helped me a lot to understand what themes are. Thank you! I have soo much to learn!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 06:16 PM
    I think you will love your curve! And I know once you find a theme you like and put on ur phone, you won't be able to stop trying to find new ones!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 10:34 PM