Ok, I have been looking for my "ultimate" theme, and have yet to find it. I guess because I want several specific things.

1) Icons: I don't want images. I want words for the stock icon apps. Every theme has different images for the icons and I don't want to have to try and interpret what a specific icon means while my hand is giggling from movement of the vehicle I'm in or while walking.

2) Size: Icons and Text. This goes hand in hand with the icon recognition mentioned above. Some folks have made some very nice icons and use some cool fonts, and I don't even mind the stock Dimension theme icons basically. But once my old eyes start trying to read things in different conditions, I am finding I need things a bit bigger than I did even a few years ago. A font size of 12 or bigger works well for me these days.

3) A "today" style with calender on top with 2 or 3 entry lines, and sms/mms with 1 or 2 entry lines. Bottom or "L" dock without a profile icon in the top header. Icons need to be user arrangeable.

4) Trackball control: I have only seen this on a few themes. The ability to have the trackball "circle" through the icon selection on the home screen. Most themes "dead-end" on either end.

5) Background and other Images: Nothing fancy. In fact simpler is better for me, a plain black or white could be fine since I am prone to using my own photos on the main screen. I want this theme to be about functionality, not about appearance.

So, to recap. I basically need icons and text a little bigger (nothing crazy) and more recognizable since I am turning into a old fart.

Who can make this happen for me, or point me to something that has everything I am looking for?
    04-19-09 11:26 AM
    No one? Really? I am kinda surprised nobody is willing to try.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I am will to pay for this.
    04-20-09 07:20 PM
    I can make everything except for the trackball circle. I don't know how to do that. Let me know if you are interested and I can start working on it.
    04-20-09 08:00 PM
    Cool. The circular trackball movement isn't a deal breaker, just a want.

Go for it!

Let me know if you need any input from me.
    04-20-09 08:06 PM
    I can do the trackball also. I will start working on it. You have an 8330, what OS? Options > About > 4.x.xx
    04-20-09 08:40 PM
    I can do the trackball also. I will start working on it. You have an 8330, what OS? Options > About > 4.x.xx
    I like that trackball thing

where did you figure how to do that so fast?
    04-20-09 10:36 PM
    I am on 4.5.0.77
    04-20-09 11:36 PM
    I have a good friend I asked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD