I have been looking ALL DAY for a theme that I love. I found one I like called Lonely Planet.... I hate the wallpaper and the green text but the wallpaper can be changed.

What I DON'T like is the fact that my SMS & MMS don't show up under the messages area on the Today+ Portion of the screen.

What I'm looking for.

Messages - Lists ALL messages SMS, MMS & Email (I'm looking for it to list the 4 most recent)

Calendar - List the 3 next calendar appts.

Icons - Here's the kicker. I"m looking for 2 rows of 7 Icons. yes 14 Icons on the bottom. I know it can be done. It's been done in the Lonely Planet thread. (search crackberry it's here)

He doesn't have the zip file so I can't customize it. And his is fine except that I don't see my Text messages or MMS on the home screen.

OH and Please use something other than green for text and Highlighting. My fav colors are purple and pink...but it doesn't have to be entirely purple and pink.

Something Clean and Classy would be nice.

Thank you!!!!!!
    10-20-09 08:24 PM
    I forgot to mention. I will Make a Donation to anyone that is willing to do this for me.
    10-20-09 08:50 PM
    Forgot to mention I have an 8330 and OS 4.5
    10-20-09 09:19 PM
    **bump** Still haven't found what i'm looking for and I searched all night and I'm still searching.

someone Please help?!
    10-21-09 09:49 AM
    To my knowledge (which may be limited) it is not possible to get the sms and mms messages to show under the message area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 09:55 AM
    To my knowledge (which may be limited) it is not possible to get the sms and mms messages to show under the message area.

I used to have a theme from Crackberry called Elverado. I can't post links but if you search Elverado it will come up.

This Today theme showed all messages recieved. Including SMS.
    But I LOVED the fact that the Lonely Planet had 2 rows of Icons on the home screen.
    10-21-09 10:05 AM
    Hmmm. Okay. I will search for it and try to figure it out. I will have a rough draft of a theme up for you late tonight. I will work with you.

10-21-09 10:52 AM
    Thank you so much!! You rock!
    10-21-09 11:22 AM
    Here is what I have so far. It is only a rough draft so far. It doesn't have any today icons only single icons in the double dock. I hope that this will give us both a closer glance at what the other person was thinking. Please download and test out the usability of what is there so far. I will keep all versions named the same so that if you rearrange the icons they will still be arranged right on the next update. I have attached some screenshots and a OTA link. Please leave as many detailed thoughts as you can.

OTA Link
    Last edited by UnicyclistRobe; 10-21-09 at 10:02 PM.
    10-21-09 09:28 PM
    I am loving this so far!! Once you fix the OTA link I will download it to make sure it functions correctly.

I am wondering if the header/banner area where the time and wireless strength etc. Can be smaller. The only reason I ask that is because if that can be smaller that makes more room for the today stuff. If that makes sense.

Check out the lonely planet theme...it's banner row is really small on top. It doesn't have to be THAT small...but smaller would be cool.

Let me know when the OTA is updated and I will download it.

:-). I'm really excited!!

~Kristina
    10-21-09 09:59 PM
    The link is fixed. Right before you posted I thought about how I could make more room and I thought of the banner just like you did. I will keep working on it. I also downloaded that other theme onto my bb to see how it worked so that I could compare. Do you mind how small the font is on that theme?
    10-21-09 10:03 PM
    PS - I like the purpleish 8900 oem wallpaper you have on your website!
    10-21-09 10:05 PM
    The font is okay. A little bigger wouldn't be bad. Is it possible to make the fonts bigger in only the menu's? Otherwise my eyes are pretty good so small doesn't bother me. Maybe go up one font size?
    10-21-09 10:07 PM
    Okay I increase the menu font by 1 size, changed the background (let me know if this is what you want), and I added the calendar and message today items. To be honest with you I don't really know how well the today items are going to work. I had to make the font so small on theme it is almost laughable. I think my icons are bigger than that other theme so I might have to get creative. Anyways, I updated the OTA and here is a screenshot.

OTA LINK

Last edited by UnicyclistRobe; 10-21-09 at 10:56 PM.
    10-21-09 10:52 PM
    Okay...so I'm thinking if we nix the calendar stuff then we can make the message subsection bigger. Is there anyway to decrease the size of the font for the Message header? That might give us more room...then again it might not.

Also I think we mis-understood each other on the menu font. So if I am looking at your latest upload I would say actually take the menu font Down a couple sizes. Also is there way to change the font size in the "options" section to be smaller too?

And to be honest while I would love to have the calendar section it isn't used ALL the time. So I would say in the interest of making messages fit to just get rid of the Calendar portion of the today area...unless you have come up with any other ideas. Which if you have and decide there's a way to keep the calendar section can the calendar section be Below the message section? Otherwise if we can't keep calendar it doesn't matter LOL.

~Kristina

PS is it really 3am where you are? Or is that just what time your plazmic is set to?
    10-21-09 11:17 PM
    Okay I added smaller resized icons. I tried to slightly raise the font on the home screen while keeping both calendar and message. I didn't work on much else. And no it is not 3am where I am. It is about to turn 1am though so I will continue tomorrow. Let me know what needs to be changed. I reloaded the OTA.

OTA LINK

10-21-09 11:57 PM
    Okay so I downloaded this when I woke up and I've been lookin' at it.

the Menu font can still go down some. it can be smaller.

On the Calendar and Messages titles and subentries the two sections run together so if it says Messages (1 Unread) the (1 covers the 'es' on messages. Same with the calender.

And with the subsection if it says:
    Christmas Party nashua, nh the 'na' covers the 'ty'

with Messages the last couple of letters in the senders name are covered by the first few letters in the subject line.

does this make sense?

Also can you change the color of the messages and calendar titles? to something like a light pink or light purple instead of yellow?
    10-22-09 08:24 AM
    Okay. I have reloaded the OTA download link. The calendar entries will not longer overlap and the menu fonts are smaller. I have temporarily fixed the Message banner from over lapping when there is a new unread message. I say temporary because I had to make the font white to get it to work I am sure there is a solution I just need to work on it more. To download click on any of the OTA Links in this thread.

Let me know everything that needs to be fixed. We need to get this perfect.
    10-22-09 10:36 AM
    Okay... so I actually Like the white font. You can keep it like that.

I also forgot to mention before that the Messages area isn't showing the text messages still. :-(

The theme that worked and showed the text messages was theElverado Theme.

If you want to check it out I will add the $3 it will cost you to get the Elverado Theme package to the donation I will be giving you. It's up to you.

So far that's the only one that has shown the text messages in the "message" area as well as emails.

Right now that is the only thing that seems to not be working as I would like it too.

Also What "font" is being used in the "Options" section of the blackberry. (where you go to change your themes, etc.) it doesn't seemed to be the font that I Have set for text messages and I'm wondering if it's possible to make that section smaller font? the typeface would be okay although that could be changed if it would help make it smaller. If It can't be changed then it's okay too. that's not my biggest concern. :-)

I really appreciate your patience with me during this process. I know it's not easy to design themes....before you offered to help I downloaded Plazmic and tried a couple things but I was so lost!!! I think there are probably other programs I would have had to download as well as that. So again thank you so much!!
    10-22-09 11:00 AM
    Hey,

Don't mean to be jumping into yalls conversation, but there are two ways that you could try to get them all to show in messages.

UnicyclistRobe: In themebuilder, you can go to Edit>Preferences>Messages>make sure a single inbox for email, SMS and MMS is marked.

Auntkris15: On your BB, go to your Messages, or SMS and MMS inbox and click the menu button>Options>General Options>scroll down to "SMS and Email Inboxes" and make sure it says combined.

If UnicyclistRobe changes his to one inbox on themebuilder, you can check theme controlled and it will work that way too.. But if you change your theme, and the creator doesn't have that checked on themebuilder then it will change to what they made it as..

As a creator, I make sure a single inbox is checked in themebuilder, so people can change it on their BB..

Hope this helps..
    petey
    10-22-09 01:26 PM
    Hey,

Don't mean to be jumping into yalls conversation, but there are two ways that you could try to get them all to show in messages.

UnicyclistRobe: In themebuilder, you can go to Edit>Preferences>Messages>make sure a single inbox for email, SMS and MMS is marked.

Auntkris15: On your BB, go to your Messages, or SMS and MMS inbox and click the menu button>Options>General Options>scroll down to "SMS and Email Inboxes" and make sure it says combined.

If UnicyclistRobe changes his to one inbox on themebuilder, you can check theme controlled and it will work that way too.. But if you change your theme, and the creator doesn't have that checked on themebuilder then it will change to what they made it as..

As a creator, I make sure a single inbox is checked in themebuilder, so people can change it on their BB..

Hope this helps..
    petey
    HOLY AWESOMENESS!!!! It worked!! Thank you so much Petey!!

Rob - if you could change it in the theme too then that would be awesome. That way If for some reason my setting gets changed it will still work!!

You guys have rocked my world! <3
    10-22-09 02:21 PM
    Dang! Petey beat me to it! I had been searching Google like crazy trying to find the answer to the SMS problem and had just found it. Oh well. Thanks for helping out Petey. I already had my setting set to one inbox so now that you have changed your setting they should always be there.

Okay so here is the newest version.
    1. I have changed the icon size. I made them bigger again so that there is not so much space between them. (It's a little easier on the eyes too.)
    2. I changed the settings menu size for you. Is there a specific font you want it to be?
    3. I can't remember if I did anything else. I fell like I did, I just can't remember.

Please tell me your thoughts!

OTA LINK
    10-22-09 04:09 PM
    Ok now i'm gonna get girly on ya...sorry.

I am downloading the latest version but i've been wondering if there's any way to get the "today" section titles to be a different font... a font that's a tad more girly maybe? like a Lucidia Caligraphy or a script one... but only if it doesn't look weird. :-)

And can we change the color of the text in text messages to a purple that is still okay to read on a white background? maybe something like this?

Let me know. I don't want to make you bang your head against the desk because I keep changing stuff. LOL.
    10-22-09 04:15 PM
    HAHA. No head banging. Let me see what I can do. I will edit this post with the new stuff later tonight.
    10-22-09 04:18 PM
    Actually I'm looking at the size of the Messages Titles and I think they might be too small for a script like font.

It might be best to leave it that way. hrm... if you can post up a picture of what it would look like before you actually make a new OTA that might save some time for you.

I will also check out some other themes to see if any of them show a script like font and how it looks.

I don't want to waste your time if i'm just gonna hate the way it looks after. :-)
    10-22-09 04:21 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD