06-22-09 08:59 PM
35 12
tools
    Hi there,
    Looking for someone who is up for a theme building challenge. Several folks have developed and posted some very nice Dimension Today Plus themes. I would love it if someone would build a theme with the following:
    Today Plus.
    Messages (e-mail and SMS) perhaps room for two
    Calendar - as many entries as possible, that will work with the other requirments anyway
    Dimension Icons, including Documents to Go.
    Profiles Icon on home screen in top banner
    Battery icon that shows percentage of battery remaining
    Icon dock with as many icons as possilble.
    Anybody?
    06-01-09 01:10 PM
    This sounds awsome! Reminds me of the photoshop contests I used to do. We used to have a week to do them and then post all in the same thread and everyone would vote. I just started tinkering with plazmic otherwise I would be in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 03:47 PM
    I don't have plazmic but would love to try it myself if I did. My home PC isn't that great though so I'm not sure how much success I'd have. Thanks for responding though! Hopefully someone will take up the challenge!!!
    06-01-09 09:00 PM
    Hey there, I only spent about 15 min whippin these up for ya, Hope they're what you're looking for...

Calendar has 6 entries

Message version has 2 sms and 3 email

Both with user friendly font and Icons..

And percentage for the battery..
    Last edited by ryaninfg; 06-02-09 at 12:09 AM.
    06-01-09 10:44 PM
    Oh ha ha! I thought you wanted to get a theme building contest lol! I'm sorry. We should have the first theme building contest though seriously.

06-01-09 11:16 PM
    Thank you so much ryaninfg!! I truly appreciate the time you took, even if it was only 15 minutes, responding to my request!! Could I be a bit bold? I was hoping to have both some calendar entries and messages on the homescreen. I was hoping to have perhaps 4 calendar entries and a couple of messages (both SMS and e-mail could be under "messages" without a need to separate them out. Is there a battery icon that shows percentage? Lastly, I like the yellow highlight but wonder if something like cyan is out there to set it apart.

PLEASE do not take my requests to mean that I don't like what you've done or that I don't appreciate it, I very much do. I'm surprised someone responded so quickly and did so much. I wish I could somehow reciprocate.

Again, many many thanks!
    06-02-09 07:03 AM
    which yellow are you reffering too?
    06-02-09 08:09 AM
    OK, I may as well step way over the line!
    In addition to the above, how about making the icon highlight on the first page a circle instead of that elongated shape?(again perhaps in cyan). To make it really unique, can you change the color of the menu highlight from blue to red?

Sorry for all of the requests. I figure it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks again.
    06-02-09 08:12 AM
    The yellow highlight on the homescreen.
    06-02-09 09:46 AM
    So just the yellow bar on the today selections? The Icon yellow is Ok though, right?
    06-02-09 03:30 PM
    It would actually be nice if that could be a different color as well, set it apart from the other Dimension themes you know?
    Did you also get the other thoughts (having the highlight in menus be red instead of blue, etc.)? Things to make this Dimension theme differnt.
    I hadn't realized that you'd posted a thread yourself about wanting new ideas. I think it's great and would love to try myself someday.
    I also saw that you take contributions. I'd like to do that when we're all done if you tell me how. I'd feel much better about making all of the requests for changes!!!
    06-02-09 03:41 PM
    Sorry, keep forgetting.
    On the battery icon/percentage, I do like a battery icon, just wondered if there was one that included a percentage. I'd actually prefer the icon to the number but both would be swell!
    06-02-09 03:43 PM
    Heres is one I did awhile back that might suit your needs...

OTA
    06-02-09 04:35 PM
    Ok, well, I tried my hardest at this, honestly recoloring and stuff isn't my strong point right now. You may have already grabbed borocksters, which is cool because he has made a lot of great themes.. Back when I only knew how to post wallpapers, he turned them into themes. But here you go. calendar and message, 3 slots for each. had to custom make your cyan colors, so they're square. Red highlight bar and all fonts are customizable.
    06-02-09 05:25 PM
    Nice job Ryan!! I wasn't trying to **** in or anything...I just had that theme laying around so I posted it. Yours is sweet!

BWAHAHAHAH....The censor doesn't like Bu*T i guess....How silly is that?
    06-02-09 05:32 PM
    I studied your themes and learned alot.. and finally figured out plazmic. U know you still rock!!! especially that Venom theme!
    06-02-09 05:34 PM
    Thanks Ryan, it does look great. Unfortunately, I download the zip file, extract (it gives me two different .alx files when I do) but when I open the desktop manager application loader, browse and try to open them, I get a message that no new applications are available. Not sure why but it doesn't seem to like them. Any thoughts?
    06-02-09 08:14 PM
    What kind of berry do u have, what is your OS? I'll check that when I get home in a bit.
    06-02-09 08:19 PM
    Curve 8330, OS 4.5
    06-02-09 09:20 PM
    Sorry bout that try this...
    06-02-09 09:28 PM
    That worked Ryan, thanks so much! Please advise how to donate.
    06-02-09 10:02 PM
    donations can be made via paypal

ryaninfg@yahoo.com

I'm glad you enjoy it!! It was actually the hardest theme i've done so far.
    06-02-09 10:24 PM
    Clicked on the link. Not sure how to use Paypal to do it. Guidance?

06-03-09 06:58 AM
    Figured it out ryan, never used Paypal like that. Hopefully it was enough. I've seen another theme but an 8900 version if you're interested in taking a crack at another one.
    06-03-09 09:02 PM
    Let me Know where to find this theme and I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the donation!!!
    06-03-09 09:07 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD