I've had an old Nextel Pearl without data for a long time and recently switched to another carrier and to an 8310 with a data plan. Since then, I've scoured this site, learned a ton and like the way everyone helps one another out.

That said, I still have three questions I haven't been able to find an answer to.

First, can I have a different picture on the Today screen than I do on the application screen?

Secondly, is there a way to quickly advance through a large note, one that runs for more than 30 pages? Right now I have to repeatedly flip the trackball.

Lastly, is it possible to create a shortcut on the application screen that will take me directly to a favorite picture?

Thanks again for this forum and the knowledge you share.
    07-21-08 09:23 AM
    Welcome to CB!!

1) No different pics for those 2
    2) Yes...

space : page down
    shift - space : page up
    T : Top
    B : Bottom

3) Not that I know of...
    07-21-08 09:28 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

First, can I have a different picture on the Today screen than I do on the application screen?
    The theme creator allows you to designate a different picture for the different screens, but AFAIK it can not be done by the user.

Secondly, is there a way to quickly advance through a large note, one that runs for more than 30 pages? Right now I have to repeatedly flip the trackball.
    The space bar is your page down. Check out all of the shortcuts here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/tip-...ortcuts-13131/

Lastly, is it possible to create a shortcut on the application screen that will take me directly to a favorite picture?
    Not that I am aware of, sorry.
    07-21-08 09:32 AM
    Thanks for the quick response. I kinda figured that'd be the case with 1 and 3.

When I tried the space bar with a large note, all it did was insert a space; am I doing something wrong? All I do is click the note icon, scroll to the note I want then click the trackball.
    07-21-08 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD