I am so irritated right now. I just bought the 'cosmos premium OTA for curve 8330' theme and it will NOT download to my 'themes' folder. It ends up in the 'application' folder. I've rebooted several times and not to mention, my current theme was deleted for no reason. I don't understand what the problem is. Someone please help, I'd really appreciate it!
    05-02-09 02:11 AM
    go to options>about, the third line down will tell you which version operating system you have.. which is it?
    05-02-09 02:17 AM
    Version 4.3.0.127
    05-02-09 02:19 AM
    Ugh, I now see that it says 'operating system 4.5' under requirements. Why would they say it's for the 8330 then if it won't work?
    05-02-09 02:21 AM
    themes are very device and OS specific. you must have purchased a theme that is for os 4.5. that is the reason it is showing up in your apps and not your themes.. you can do a couple different things here..
    1-you can contact customer service from where you bought the theme and tell them what happened and they can get you a refund, or
    2-you have to upgrade your operating system to 4.5.0.131 or 4.5.0.138. this step is slightly more difficult and will require about 1.5 hours of your time and patience..
    if the bb is still pretty new, i would wait a few days to get a little more used to its workings before i would attempt an os upgrade.. its not difficult, but you have to follow certian steps exactly.
    05-02-09 02:24 AM
    Ugh, I now see that it says 'operating system 4.5' under requirements. Why would they say it's for the 8330 then if it won't work?
    a theme will work on your bb only if it meets the device and os requirements.
    05-02-09 02:25 AM
    No, I've had the phone for awhile that's why I didn't get why it wasn't working. So do you know if they will have a problem giving a refund?
    05-02-09 02:25 AM
    until you upgrade your OS, only 83xx os 4.2+ will work on your bb. you can also just not worry about the theme for now and wait until you upgrade and then the theme will show up in your themes section.
    05-02-09 02:27 AM
    No, I've had the phone for awhile that's why I didn't get why it wasn't working. So do you know if they will have a problem giving a refund?
    if youve had the phone for a while, i would go ahead and jump into the upgrade.. its pretty easy.. i can walk you through it.
    05-02-09 02:28 AM
    Yes, could you? I would really appreciate it
    05-02-09 02:30 AM
    sure. do you have desktop manager on your computer? if so do you know which version?
    05-02-09 02:30 AM
    Yes, I do but I'm not sure what version?
    05-02-09 02:34 AM
    its ok, we'll get it done.. i want you to read this thread BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com . before you try any of the steps, read it through to make sure you undertand it. once youve read it, come back to this thread, and a link for the os you want will be sitting here waiting for you to download. if you have any questions, i wont be far away.. just ask
    05-02-09 02:39 AM
    what kind of computer do you have by the way? vista, xp?
    05-02-09 02:41 AM
    this will be the version .131. go to this site https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...BB765225CE8C0E and pick the blackberry curve 8330 smatphone and hit next. then pick the top download button that pops up. you want to save this file. once its done downloading, you want to install the OS to your computer(downloading and installing are two differnt things) like the 101 lecture series said. and since this is from another vendor, you also have to delete the vendor file like the 101 lecture series said. go to c-program files-common files-research in motion-app loader and right click on "vendor" and delete that file.. then just follow the rest of the directions on the 101 lecture to finish.. just be sure that once you plug in your berry to the computer, you do not unplug it until it gives you an error message or a complete message. it takes a while to complete so just be patient, and you will be rewarded
    05-02-09 02:59 AM
    well amber, i have to hit the proverbial hay, so as long as you follow those and these steps, you will have a new OS in no time. if you do end up encountering problems, someone will come along and help, so just post whats happening. good luck and good night!
    05-02-09 03:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD