Can someone please post exact instructions on how to download a theme to your PC and then load it into your BB. I see a million themes on here, and a million more people wanting to know how to load them to their phone. Also, can someone explain the different kinds of font formats that are done on these as well and all the in's and out's of how this all works. Thank you!
    01-27-09 11:47 AM
    YES SOMEONE PLEASEEEE help us!! i see a bunch of ppl askin and the newbies corner isnt really specific. like do i need both the cod and alx file? what version for the dm is best?
    01-29-09 03:30 AM
    You need to download both files. They are most of the time zipped together. So download the ZIP file, unzip it to the computer, open DM, go the the App Loader, when the list of applications pops up, click browse, find your theme and load it up.

BTW, I usually just download by OTA so if I left something out, let me know but it's pretty straightforward.
    01-29-09 03:40 AM
    as far as i know, there are two ways about it

1. OTA - downloading straight onto your bb. if you are surfing on a webpage on your pc and you see a nice OTA link, you can actually copy that link, paste onto an email and send it to yourself. from your device, open the email, click on the link and downloading starts

2. as mentioned above, you download onto your pc. usually a zip file. unzip and you see 2 files - .alx and .cod. keep the files on a folder you can remember. open DM, plug in device and use DM's app loader to find those 2 files. click load and that's it.
    01-29-09 04:15 AM
    Thank you so much I was able to download , everything , I follow step one , thanks
    03-12-09 10:29 AM
    I tried that and then the theme goes into applications and not into the theme area how do i get it to work! getting frustrated
    06-02-09 10:52 AM
    make sure the theme is for your OS. usually the theme will say what build it is for. to check: go to options> about and its the 2nd or 3rd line. will say "4.xx.xx" also make sure it is for your device

the 8330i CANNOT use the 8330 themes.
    06-02-09 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD