couple of questions.

1 is there any way to make the banner not fad out the backgound under it?

2 on some of the screens on theme builder
    it has a check box that says draw backgound over banner can't se that it makes any difference.

3 how do you load the theme on the simulator so
    i don;t have to load it one phone to look at it?

4 what is a SVG file and how do
    i use it?

Thanks for those that help
    12-06-08 12:53 AM
    couple of questions.

1 is there any way to make the banner not fad out the backgound under it?

Yes, fade the banner or make the banner the same color as the background.

2 on some of the screens on theme builder
    it has a check box that says draw backgound over banner can't se that it makes any difference.

I think you have to have an SVG file loaded for that to work.

3 how do you load the theme on the simulator so
    i don;t have to load it one phone to look at it?

First you have to have downloaded the simulator for the BB you are making a theme for, if you don't have it, you can download it here: BlackBerry Simulator Software

Then once you have the simulator installed, click on the button, you see the arrow pointing at.

4 what is a SVG file

Scalable Vector Graphics, SVG files are compact and provide high-quality graphics on the Web, in print, and on resource-limited handeld devices. In addition, SVG supports scripting and animation, so is ideal for interactive, data-driven, personalized graphics.

and how do i use it?

Adobe Photo Shop, Paint Shop Pro to name a few programs you can use with SVG. Maybe someone with more animation knowledge can touch on software that works good.

I hope that helps.

Tim
    12-06-08 07:44 AM
    Cool got it any idea on the banner does it always dull the top of the wallpaper?
    12-06-08 09:02 AM
    Cool got it any idea on the banner does it always dull the top of the wallpaper?
    If you use a darker colored wallpaper it is not as noticable, otherwise you can fade the banner out or change the color of the banner to match your wallpaper.

Tim
    12-06-08 09:28 AM
    To eliminate the banner completely, I just created an image the exact size as the banner, but I made it 100% transparent. This can be done with pretty much any image editor.
    12-06-08 03:21 PM
    Heavy Fluid I for the life of me can not fiquire out how to make a transparent image what editor are you using I tried gimp but it was so cunfusing.
    12-06-08 04:10 PM
    Create an image the size you need and without adding anything to it, save it as whatever header and it will be 100% transparent.
    12-06-08 06:27 PM
    I did it another way just made the image 1,1 pixel and used it at the back ground image. And it work ed thanks
    12-06-08 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD