So has anyone made their own theme using the plazmic theme builder? Is this something I should take the time to figure out? Is it easy or difficult? I love the dimension today theme and I use the glassyberry today theme and sometimes the real enterprise today theme. My favorite is the glassyberry today. What do you think?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-08 01:08 AM
    ...Is this something I should take the time to figure out? Is it easy or difficult?...
    Use can use the templates that come with the plazmic theme builder and modify them with you own buttons and colors, but then it's not really your own creation.

If you start from scratch than it's not really easy to accomplish an error free theme. Personally, I don't find it worth the hassle because so many other making great themes already. Why re-invent the wheel?

Building java-based apps from scratch it really a pain in the back-side if your "java-programming" experience is limited but if you put your mind to it, it will be worthed on the long run. (If your apps are useful)

Daruba.
    Last edited by Daruba; 01-13-08 at 09:44 AM.
    01-13-08 09:07 AM
    plazmic is really easy to use and worth the download. just IMO
    01-15-08 01:02 PM
    Hmmmmm. How can I get the today plus theme for my 8320?

01-16-08 06:26 AM
    Hmmmmm. How can I get the today plus theme for my 8320?

Buy it from gadgetbean.com they got a Custom L theme which I think is a today plus theme
    01-16-08 04:12 PM
    Check out BBextras. There's some nice themes there. I got the Aero theme and it's pretty nice.

BBeXtras - BlackBerry Themes & Wallpapers
    01-16-08 08:31 PM
    I love the fact that every little aspect of these phones can be customized! I'm goin all out...

01-16-08 09:41 PM
    i downloaded plazmic and will give it a try. anyone have suggestions for the best way to make custom icons? thanks

i do have the adobe suite.
    02-24-08 10:58 AM
    You will for sure have to resize them. Many can be found on freeiconsweb and a few other places around the net. Click here for a how-to.
    02-24-08 11:08 AM
    thanks for the info, goDJ!
    02-24-08 11:10 AM
    I'm gonna try and make a Batman theme when the Plazmic software works for me.
    02-24-08 11:28 AM
    haven't tried much, but so far it seems to be working for me. i did have to download about four apps along w/ plazmic. i'm on a PC. hope to try it more later this afternoon. will let you know.

let me know when you get the batman one working. will be glad to test drive the pearl version it for you!
    02-24-08 12:47 PM
    Check out BBextras. There's some nice themes there. I got the Aero theme and it's pretty nice.
    I just went there and the site says themes are no long available - only wallpaper. Did I go to the wrong site?
    02-24-08 05:42 PM
    the bb simulator is pretty cool. tested out a pirates of the caribbean theme on it. works great. still working on my first theme. theme builder is pretty user friendly, so far. back to work!
    02-24-08 06:11 PM
    It is easy to use.

I am a total amateur, but I have Photoshop and Axialis Icon Workshop (about $40, incredibly easy to use) to help with the icons, backgrounds and other graphic files.

Now that Crackberry.com is launching a free theme site, I am going to start sharing.
    04-02-08 12:52 AM
    I just went there and the site says themes are no long available - only wallpaper. Did I go to the wrong site?
    No...that site has stopped selling themes since december (if i recall correctly)...you can still find some of the themes that were sold on there at Bplay: BlackBerry Games - BlackBerry Themes - BlackBerry Entertainment
    04-02-08 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD