downloaded this theme OTA from a link i got from CB, after all that i activated the theme... in the process, my curve rebooted and ouch i am seeing the "app error 523 reset" at the center of an all white screen... restoring now though... i guess got a dose of my own medicine... be ready for aything if you are using a beta OS...
    06-19-08 10:57 AM
    Wow..that sucks bro!!! What theme?? And that's why I try an stay away from beta...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 11:00 AM
    The same thing happened to me with the surreal theme
    I freaked out really bad for a few minutes, then I was able to calm down enough to remember that I know how to fix app error 523. Now my beloved berry is back to life.
    06-20-08 11:35 PM
    Now everyone starts to listen as to why we have for so many months now told everyone to NOT download and post the betas lol!!

06-20-08 11:47 PM
    It did the same thing to mine... My AT&T store has a replacement center next door and got a replacement last Sunday. I'm on a "theme boycott" now.
    06-21-08 10:42 PM
    Be carefule what you download!
    06-21-08 10:50 PM
    Now everyone starts to listen as to why we have for so many months now told everyone to NOT download and post the betas lol!!
    What's with the "lol" at the end? Are you so anal you find pleasure in someone having problems with their phone?

This holier then thou "I told you so" attitude is very unbecoming of you and CrackBerry.com (which you represent).
    06-21-08 11:18 PM
    It's not holier than thou, nor is it poking fun at anyone.
    It's just that it has been said over and over again,
    people fail to heed it, and then wonder why they bricked their ish.

Lighten up a bit.
    06-21-08 11:26 PM
    My favorite theme is the "L" theme. I think I am going to just stick to that and change my wallpapers when I get tired of looking at the same one.

On a side note- I never did understand why people use LOL in their comments. I especially notice it a lot when the problem is serious and during their cries of help or rants come an LOL? How 'bout WTF?
    06-21-08 11:29 PM
    It's not a holier then though attitude, I have posted before in other forums on cb that even I bricked my phone from the theme and I have also addressed and helped many others via the forums and via PM on how to correct the issue. Its a simple statement that heeds a fair warning for all users, a beta is a beta, you as a user were never meant to have the files for your own personal use, they are RIM internal files and these issues are the issues that arise from it. Have a look at the posts that have addressed the issues with the beta 4.5 files, the majority of the posts basically consist of people wishing they had never upgraded, had errors with it or have long since downgraded. So the "I told you so" attitude you feel I'm conveying is not that, it's a warning for all others based on research and proven facts.

06-21-08 11:29 PM
    It's not holier than thou, nor is it poking fun at anyone.
    It's just that it has been said over and over again,
    people fail to heed it, and then wonder why they bricked their ish.

Lighten up a bit.
    Even still AG, its not funny. And it does come off like "I told you so!" People can say dont download betas all they want; but it's that beta that brings about a working version- somebody's got to do it. That doesnt mean they should be laughed at when all h3ll breaks loose with their Berry.
    06-21-08 11:32 PM
    It's not a holier then though attitude, I have posted before in other forums on cb that even I bricked my phone from the theme and I have also addressed and helped many others via the forums and via PM on how to correct the issue. Its a simple statement that heeds a fair warning for all users, a beta is a beta, you as a user were never meant to have the files for your own personal use, they are RIM internal files and these issues are the issues that arise from it. Have a look at the posts that have addressed the issues with the beta 4.5 files, the majority of the posts basically consist of people wishing they had never upgraded, had errors with it or have long since downgraded. So the "I told you so" attitude you feel I'm conveying is not that, it's a warning for all others based on research and proven facts.

If thats the case, then why do you laugh about it? Cause frankly, if I bricked my BB, I'm not going to see the humor.
    06-21-08 11:34 PM
    Even still AG, its not funny. And it does come off like "I told you so!" People can say dont download betas all they want; but it's that beta that brings about a working version- somebody's got to do it. That doesnt mean they should be laughed at when all h3ll breaks loose with their Berry.
    Agreed!! But, having seen a bunch of Bla1ze's posts I didn't think he meant any disrespect to the poster. I do lol sometimes instead of a smile, and sometimes it gets misconstrued.

I just think sometimes we here at CB take things way too personally. Just step back and realize, you're reading something. You just have no idea what the posters intent was.

Like last week there was this one heffa ......
    06-21-08 11:40 PM
    It's an expression, granted maybe "lol" wasn't the best expression to place there, but it's there..it's been said and it's been done...and my comments were posted in relevance to the OP comments, where they even stated they got a dose of their own medicine and heeded the same warning I conveyed.

06-21-08 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD