I just ordered an 8GB card. Will that cure the problem?

I also downloaded VZ Navigator and ESPN, along with some PS3 theme.

On VZ Navigator - is that all covered on my extra $30/month data plan everytime I use it?

Also, does anyone know if vCast SongID is available with the 8330?
    07-09-08 03:30 AM
    how much file memory do you have remaining?

and generally no, the memory card will not help the problem unless you have a bunch of songs and crap on your device hogging the memory that can be migrated to the memory card.

lastly, have you done a handset reset lately?
    07-09-08 03:36 AM
    memory issue......media is only stored on the media card (mp3's, pics) not apps.....widgets will choke your memory........like rush hour........do a battery pull........make sure other apps are REALLY closed........and think about killing some of those widgets............
    07-09-08 03:37 AM
    I just ordered an 8GB card. Will that cure the problem?

I also downloaded VZ Navigator and ESPN, along with some PS3 theme.
    No, your media card does not affect the speed of your device unless you are saving pics and songs to device memory. It is running slow because you are running low on system memory. You need to do some memory optimization on your device. One such guide is here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

On VZ Navigator - is that all covered on my extra $30/month data plan everytime I use it?

Also, does anyone know if vCast SongID is available with the 8330?
    I don't use Verizon, so I can't help you there.

You really need to read through the Blackberry 101 lecture series and look through the FAQ forum. Most of your questions will be answered there before you even need to ask them. Both of the links are in my signature.
    07-09-08 03:39 AM
    how much file memory do you have remaining?

and generally no, the memory card will not help the problem unless you have a bunch of songs and crap on your device hogging the memory that can be migrated to the memory card.

lastly, have you done a handset reset lately?
    No, I have not done a handset reset. I just got the phone today
    07-09-08 03:39 AM
    Pull the battery out with the device running, leave it out for 30 seconds and put it back in.
    07-09-08 03:45 AM
    No, I have not done a handset reset. I just got the phone today
    hit alt + rt shift + del and let it reboot, then see if there's a difference. loading up a bunch of new applications can slow things down until you do a reset so the memory can reprioritize itself.
    07-09-08 03:45 AM
    VZ Navigator is an additional $10.00
    I can understand your excitement in getting your BB, now take a stroll over to FAQ's and visit the Lectures 101 series and I promise you that the experience henceforth will be electrifying.
    Congrats on your new BB .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 06:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD