So, I'm planning on buying the Curve replica theme on the app store. Is there any way for me to keep that and reload it to a different phone if I choose to get my phone replaced or to load it into my girlfriend's phone?

If so, is it actually worth it to buy this theme? Or are there better, stable ones out there for free? I don't mind paying for it as long as it's the best replica theme available or themes in general.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 06:14 PM
    Anybody offer some help?

03-16-09 06:49 PM
    Please Help?!?!

03-16-09 07:47 PM
    You can download it to your computer and keep it for any BB I believe.
    03-16-09 07:49 PM
    So I just load it to desktop manager??

03-16-09 07:56 PM
    Ok, first of all, it's extremely rude to bump your thread looking for answers within a span of a couple of hours.

Secondly, if the theme is a JAD file, then it is meant to be installed OTA by going to the link directly from the device. You wouldn't be able to load it with the Desktop Manager. If it's a ZIP file, then you would be able to save it to your computer. (You might want to read through the 101 Lecture Series, particularly the section about loading themes.)

Third, many applications that you purchase will only work on a single specified device. If it is your intention to use it on another device, you should specifically ask that question from the purchaser.

Lastly, there are many, many themes available from lots of sites. You might want to search around some before you make a decision. As to which one is the "best" one. That's probably an impossible question to answer because there are too many variables. Try some free ones first.
    03-16-09 08:09 PM
    Hmmm.. Thanks for the reply! I only want a simplistic theme and one that runs smoothly. I'm guessing the replica theme is supposed to be good because it's not free?

So, the one posted on the app store is a .jad file? This means I cannot save it more than once right? Can't be backed up too?

03-16-09 09:18 PM
    Again, you need to ask those questions as to the particulars of the application in the store. Go to the store and click on the Contact Tab.

And I'm not trying to talk you out of purchasing that particular theme because I don't know anything about it in particular, but don't assume that it's better or good just because it's not free.

Again, you might want to try out some free ones first to get the hang of it.
    03-16-09 09:47 PM
    If the theme is based off the pin of your phone, meaning that it is a one phone theme, it wouldn't be able to be backed up. You gotta find out what the deal is with getting the theme back, if the person allows you to redownload it once purchsed.

But to answer your overall question, yeah you can back up a theme with the desktop manager.

03-17-09 01:19 AM
    What Curve Replica Theme? Do you mean the 8900 Replica Theme?

It's a good theme, I bought it, but I don't use it anymore. Why? Because I like the MyJavelin theme by MaXiang better, and not because it's free.

I'll get you the link.

03-17-09 01:26 AM
    Here you go:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/my...s4-5-a-134571/

03-17-09 01:27 AM
    You can backup the Theme using the 3rd party app backup procedure found here:http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/

Once you copy the PIN file and save it to a new location, rename it to something that will remind you that it has the theme. If you want to reinstall the theme at a later date, you can use app loader and pick the theme from the saved file.
    03-17-09 07:26 AM
    shameless bump for post count sorry
    03-17-09 08:21 AM
    Thanks for all the replies and especially the link for that 8900 replica!

Are there anymore 8900 replicas out there that I should consider? Is this the best one? I like the replicas because I used to have a 8900 Curve, and I gave it up because Rogers was giving me **** monthly rates. But I LOVED the phone! Now, I'll just have to stick with 8330 until 9630 or the 8930 comes out..
    03-17-09 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD