Due to popular demand, I've added a weather slot version. I should note that the slot cannot currently be navigated to on the home screen due to design limitations.
    Interesting little bit of information I just found out; you can navigate to the weather slot, there just isn't a focus underlay on it. If you have the square application shortcut highlighted scroll down, and then click the trackball - whatever app is in that spot opens. Scrolling down (to the weather slot) and then to the right also navigates to the profile icon and to go back to the app screen shortcut you just scroll left then up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 01:10 AM
    Interesting little bit of information I just found out; you can navigate to the weather slot, there just isn't a focus underlay on it. If you have the square application shortcut highlighted scroll down, and then click the trackball - whatever app is in that spot opens. Scrolling down (to the weather slot) and then to the right also navigates to the profile icon and to go back to the app screen shortcut you just scroll left then up.

That is interesting... I'll see if I can do something to make the navigation more conventional. In the meantime, I've updated the weather slot version to have status text show up whenever the weather slot is scrolled to. Thanks for the info.
    10-19-09 03:24 AM
    Here ya go...

I found it on here, not in the forums but just searching for wallpaper. They have a bunch of cute stuff!
    Thank you so much, using this one today!! I can't wait for Halloween.
    10-19-09 08:57 AM
    That is interesting... I'll see if I can do something to make the navigation more conventional. In the meantime, I've updated the weather slot version to have status text show up whenever the weather slot is scrolled to. Thanks for the info.
    If you'll be messing with this theme today, is there any way to make the focus on the app screen a lighter color, like maybe a nice blue or white, as the dark grey on the black background of the icons is VERY hard to see and I keep clicking on the wrong apps when I am navigating on that page.

Many thanks
    10-19-09 10:05 AM
    Beautiful background. Great work.

Downloading right now...
    Last edited by johnnywoods; 10-19-09 at 10:41 AM.
    10-19-09 10:37 AM
    If you'll be messing with this theme today, is there any way to make the focus on the app screen a lighter color, like maybe a nice blue or white, as the dark grey on the black background of the icons is VERY hard to see and I keep clicking on the wrong apps when I am navigating on that page.

Many thanks
    I've uploaded a new version with a brightened grey focus for now. I avoided using white or color for the focus so that it wouldn't clash with icons or backgrounds.
    Last edited by dagobah30; 10-19-09 at 12:08 PM.
    10-19-09 10:41 AM
    Wow, what a nice differnce that made, thank you so much. It seems even the focus on the home screen little square and profile icon is brighter. Very very nice, you are awesome

10-19-09 11:17 AM
    Ahhhh, absolutely perfect, I am so content Many, many thanks for taking the time out for us 83xx people.

Could you graciously post the wallpaper. Thanks a million!
    10-19-09 11:23 AM
    You're welcome.

I am still loving this theme! Thank you again for making it for 4.5 devices.

10-19-09 12:34 PM
    Just wondering if there is a way to make the left square button open QuickLaunch instead?

LOVE the theme btw, been drooling over this theme for sooo long now by looking at the Bold 9000 version and wishing I could have it. Thanks for finally porting it to the Curve!!!
    10-19-09 02:01 PM
    Just wondering if there is a way to make the left square button open QuickLaunch instead?

LOVE the theme btw, been drooling over this theme for sooo long now by looking at the Bold 9000 version and wishing I could have it. Thanks for finally porting it to the Curve!!!
    Just a suggestion, I also use QuickLaunch and have it assigned to my left side button. In QuickLaunch options also, is a place to assign it to open QL using the left or right side buttons. Very handy, especially when you are not on the home screen.
    10-19-09 02:30 PM
    Just a suggestion, I also use QuickLaunch and have it assigned to my left side button. In QuickLaunch options also, is a place to assign it to open QL using the left or right side buttons. Very handy, especially when you are not on the home screen.
    I know, I already have it assigned to that... however another application menu button isn't necessary when it's faster to just click the application button on the device. But I do believe it would be faster to click that "square" button for QL instead of reaching for the side button to open it. Just my opinion, thanks for the input.
    10-19-09 02:34 PM
    Could you graciously post the wallpaper. Thanks a million!
    Here you go:

10-19-09 02:46 PM
    Here you go:

Dollface, you're friggin' awesome. Thanks so much. Great wall!
    10-19-09 02:58 PM
    Thank you so much, using this one today!! I can't wait for Halloween.
    O I know, I can't wait to carve my pumpkin this weekend! It's my thing, I print out a pattern offline and carve away, going to look for a few ideas right now!

Question about this theme, if I download the weather slot version would it still work if I happened to put BBM or email in the first slot? I don't use a weather app but I'm an avid messager lol
    10-19-09 05:26 PM
    O I know, I can't wait to carve my pumpkin this weekend! It's my thing, I print out a pattern offline and carve away, going to look for a few ideas right now!

Question about this theme, if I download the weather slot version would it still work if I happened to put BBM or email in the first slot? I don't use a weather app but I'm an avid messager lol
    You should be able to put any icon you want in that spot. It's just considered a "weather slot" because that is what most people use it for.

10-19-09 05:32 PM
    Awesome I'm downloading in a second!

10-19-09 05:39 PM

Yes, you can put any icon in the first slot, we found out today if you scroll DOWN from the square icon in the corner and press the trackball it will select and open whatever app is in the weather slot.
    10-19-09 06:42 PM
    Thank you for this theme!!!
    10-20-09 07:35 AM
    This theme is awesome! As if you needed/wanted suggestions I think it would be really cool to be able to put whatever app shortcuts you wanted in the left and right boxes. I am downloading the weather slot one now and going to try my gmail app icon in that slot. If I could I would put my google voice app icon in the left box and maybe my work BES email icon in the other.

Either way this IS my new theme!
    10-20-09 08:26 PM
    Due to the current nature of the icons on the bottom bar, they unfortunately aren't user-customizable.

I'll likely be releasing an alternate version with a QuickLaunch shortcut soon.
    Last edited by dagobah30; 10-21-09 at 06:41 AM.
    10-21-09 05:40 AM
    wow this is what i wanted for so long! awesome bro
    10-21-09 06:34 AM
    I've put up the "QuickLaunch" versions. They keep the same filename as the original "App Menu" versions, so you won't have to redo your icon order on the app screen.

I MAY eventually discontinue the "App Menu" versions, unless they turn out to be unexpectedly popular.
    10-21-09 05:13 PM
    Awesome theme!! I like it alot! Pretty cool!!

10-21-09 08:03 PM
    Whoa!!! I just installed the new QuickLaunch with weather upgrade and this is a really superior theme, thank you so much for making it. Thank you to matthoop11 for your brilliant suggestion about making the square icon launch QuickLaunch, it works so fine and I now can use my left side button for something else, like the Keyboard Lock!! I am just so thrilled with this theme

Last edited by dollface54; 10-21-09 at 09:31 PM.
    10-21-09 09:25 PM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD