Hello Yall!!

Yes I know there are boat loads of Storm Themes for the BB Curve 8330 buuuuut this is a tad different.

Is there a possibility that the New Message icon be hidden? What I'm askin is when you recieve a new text message there is small icon appearin on the screen. Same goes for the BBM as well, is there away that those can be hidden?

If someone is willing to make me one I'll give ya my other "ingredients" as in color and what not too.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jayme07; 09-02-09 at 05:00 PM.
    09-02-09 04:50 PM
    The new messages icon can be hidden, however, hiding that item will result in all the other 'new' notification icons being hidden as well (i.e. new voicemail, new facebook etc).

Also, to make sure, when you say "hidden" do you mean "gone altogether" or "hidden dock" type of hidden? If the answer is "Hidden Dock" style, then it can't be done.

If this is acceptable, I'd be more than happy to put something together for you.

Russ.
    09-02-09 05:27 PM
    Yea thats what Im lookin for is that all the 'new' notification icons are hidden.
    As for what I mean with "hidden" I just would like for them to be hidden when I am on the main home screen. They can appear when I use the camera and what not.

This theme here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/fr...eeview-290723/ has the "new" notifcations hidden. And that is what Im looking for.
    09-02-09 05:47 PM
    Shouldn't be a problem, let me know in detail how you want the theme and I'll make it for you.

- Bottom dock? How many icons?
    - Today areas? Which?
    - Standard Storm type black and white dialogs?
    - Storm / Bold icons?

Let me know!

Russ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 10:35 AM
    Yea thats what Im lookin for is that all the 'new' notification icons are hidden.
    As for what I mean with "hidden" I just would like for them to be hidden when I am on the main home screen. They can appear when I use the camera and what not.

This theme here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/fr...eeview-290723/ has the "new" notifcations hidden. And that is what Im looking for.
    I use the final version of Freeview and I 'do'' have the 'new' notifcations.
    In the screenshots it might not show because maybe there were no 'new messages' at the time the screenshot was taken therefore the icon didn't show, but it is there when a new message comes in.
    09-03-09 11:12 AM
    Shouldn't be a problem, let me know in detail how you want the theme and I'll make it for you.

- Bottom dock? How many icons?
    - Today areas? Which?
    - Standard Storm type black and white dialogs?
    - Storm / Bold icons?

Let me know!

Russ.

Hey Russ!
    I'd like 6 customizable icons. Is there a possibility of have 7 but 1 of them in the upper corner for a weather app?
    Storm Icons and standard Storm colors (are the colors transparent?)
    Hope those help you!
    Thanks again Russ!!

09-03-09 05:41 PM
    In the screenshots it might not show because maybe there were no 'new messages' at the time the screenshot was taken therefore the icon didn't show, but it is there when a new message comes in.
    Wendy's right. No notifications in my screenshot because I didn't have any at the time. Poor lonesome me lol
    09-03-09 05:51 PM
    Hey Russ!
    I'd like 6 customizable icons. Is there a possibility of have 7 but 1 of them in the upper corner for a weather app?
    Storm Icons and standard Storm colors (are the colors transparent?)
    Hope those help you!
    Thanks again Russ!!

I'll get on it!
    09-03-09 06:06 PM
    I'll get on it!
    Thank you =]
    09-03-09 07:38 PM
    I have used the Freeview theme and I like it cuz when I have 'new' notifications it does not appear on the screen!
    If that makes any sense? LOL.
    09-03-09 07:40 PM
    I have used the Freeview theme and I like it cuz when I have 'new' notifications it does not appear on the screen!
    I think gbhil might have added a lil Twilight Zone into it...lol !
    love that theme
    cool that you are having a theme made specially for u !
    09-03-09 07:44 PM
    I think gbhil might have added a lil Twilight Zone into it...lol !
    love that theme
    cool that you are having a theme made specially for u !
    Cool.
    I didnt really think a theme made for me would happen.
    But it shows that there are some really nice awesome people that are apart of CB
    09-03-09 08:06 PM
    Cool.
    I didnt really think a theme made for me would happen.
    But it shows that there are some really nice awesome people that are apart of CB
    Oh yeah....I can vouch for that...have met some pretty awesome people on CB ! I'm like totally addicted to this site
    Well enjoy your new theme
    09-03-09 08:10 PM
    Possibly one of the earlier versions, or maybe the vicodin lol.
    09-03-09 10:08 PM
    Possibly one of the earlier versions, or maybe the vicodin lol.
    Oh okay.
    Well whatever version or whatever reason it was, I like it
    09-06-09 10:24 AM
    Hope to have this ready for you tomorrow.

09-07-09 02:56 PM
    Hope to have this ready for you tomorrow.

Yay =]
    If for any reason you're unable to finish it by tomorrow, thats totally fine. I'm a very patient person!! So no hurry!
    09-07-09 03:59 PM
    Hi Jayme,

Here it is! I hope it's what you were looking for, if not, please let me know and I'll make any changes.

Hurricane Jayme - 6 Icon plus Weather - OTA

I re-created quite a few of the graphics from the Storm theme, such as the underlays and focus for the icons, menu's, dialogs, buttons etc as well as adding drop shadows to the unfocused storm icons. I'm really pleased with the results and might release this theme with several variations and the unread placed back in if there is enough interest.

Hope you like it!

Russ.
    09-08-09 04:26 PM
    It looks really awesome. I am using it now I love it. I won't say my little piece I'm not a fan of. Haha. Cuz I am picky. I just have to get used to it! You did a beautiful amazing job
    Thanks again for making this theme to fit what I like!

09-08-09 06:04 PM
    You're more than welcome, I'm glad you like it. I really would like to know though which piece you aren't happy with? There is something in the theme I'm thinking of changing and I'm wondering if it's the same piece.

Russ.
    09-09-09 03:21 AM
    Its the part that the bottom dock icons aren't flush against the bottom and they aren't flush against the sides. Like there's a gap between the left and right sides and a teentiny small space in between the bottom of my screen and the icons. I totally forgot to tell you what BB I had. Lol. My bad.
    And I'm kinda dislikin the weather icon. Only cuz I got my ideas confused. Haha.

09-09-09 07:00 AM
    We were both thinking the same thing with the homescreen icons, I'd put them together so that they looked exactly like the storm but was thinking that things would be better if they were apart (I'm picky too, actually, picky is an understatement!).

I replaced the download link with an updated version with the icons spread and the weather icon removed. Please let me me know if you want anything else, I'm more than happy to make the changes and enjoy every minute of it!

Russ.
    09-09-09 10:08 AM
    Okay. Cool. I downloaded the newest version. And my BB is rebootion as I type this. I'm getting impatient. Cuz I wana see what the new one looks like. As for you being picky, It's all good. I am too. HAHA. I'll let you know what I think of the new one!

EDIT: I like the theme =] Is there away that you could possibly make the icons so the are close together so that they are like all one big block? (if that makes sense?) And possibly make the font size of the date and time bigger?
    Last edited by jayme07; 09-09-09 at 01:57 PM.
    09-09-09 01:33 PM
    Okay. Cool. I downloaded the newest version. And my BB is rebootion as I type this. I'm getting impatient. Cuz I wana see what the new one looks like. As for you being picky, It's all good. I am too. HAHA. I'll let you know what I think of the new one!

EDIT: I like the theme =] Is there away that you could possibly make the icons so the are close together so that they are like all one big block? (if that makes sense?) And possibly make the font size of the date and time bigger?
    Are you talking about the icons on the applications screen? If so, I'm afraid the answer is no as the icons are a set size and placement cannot be changed for the applications screen.

Date and time bigger, no problem! I also have some nice drop shadowed menus and dialogs to put in now that I've found the original Storm 9500 resources.

Russ.
    09-09-09 02:57 PM
    Are you talking about the icons on the applications screen? If so, I'm afraid the answer is no as the icons are a set size and placement cannot be changed for the applications screen.

Date and time bigger, no problem! I also have some nice drop shadowed menus and dialogs to put in now that I've found the original Storm 9500 resources.

Russ.
    It's okay about the icons. I just have to get used to them. LOL.
    That's cool in regards to the date and time bigger =] If you fix the drop shadowed menus and ect I'd like to see the new look!!!
    09-09-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD