Hello,

I am thinking about learning how to make themes. For those of you who do, is it real time consuming? also, is there a way to make a little cash with it? I have paid others to make themes for me, I was just wondering how common it is to make a little money by making themes...
    04-04-09 02:21 PM
    it's pretty time consuming depending on how much you want customized, but throwing together a theme in an hr or two isn't really gonna be that nice is it if you want to customize all of it, prepare to spend hours on finding/making the icons, wallpapers, banners, buttons, and resizing/coloring them... but believe me, it definitely pays off. the best thing to do is download plazmic and experiment. you can come up with some pretty interesting stuff that way.

as for making cash, you can get in touch with mobihand and they'll set you up for a spot in their store, and your themes will be displayed on their sister sites as well (including crackberry.com) for people to buy. it's pretty good for cash on the side, but make sure the theme will be worth paying for. hope this info helps.
    Last edited by ninja please; 04-04-09 at 06:35 PM.
    04-04-09 06:33 PM
    Is it any think like creating code for computer programs or more like HTML? Im kind of dumb with all of this...
    04-05-09 04:42 PM
    Is it any think like creating code for computer programs or more like HTML? Im kind of dumb with all of this...

not at all, no knowledge of code needed unless you edit the .svg files to make those flashy crossbars/scrolling icons on the main screen... that's all a little too technical for me though, I stick to the regular layouts.

btw your icon is great, I have a pug.
    Last edited by ninja please; 04-05-09 at 06:33 PM.
    04-05-09 06:12 PM
    So where do you start with the theme process is there a website you can download the tools and then you just put it all together? I would love to put my creations on here for people to use... And I got the pic from glitter graphics I thought it was perfect since Im a former cop and have a 3 month old pug it was fitting!
    04-06-09 08:43 PM
    So where do you start with the theme process is there a website you can download the tools and then you just put it all together? I would love to put my creations on here for people to use... And I got the pic from glitter graphics I thought it was perfect since Im a former cop and have a 3 month old pug it was fitting!
    start here first, download Plazmic theme builder
    Plazmic
    there's also a link to the BB device simulators on the site, you should download the simulator of the device you're making the theme for so you can preview it.

I recommend version 4.6, but if you wanna do 8350i/Storm themes then 4.7 is the way to go... I personally don't like 4.7 as I've had a lot of problems with it.

you can find a lot of cool icons if you google them, also deviantart has some great custom made icons and wallpapers.

also, included in Plazmic theme builder there are sample themes and loads of icons (dimension and precision icons included) in the sample folder. best thing to do is start there and see what you can come up with. I've found that experimenting with the Precision icons in Photoshop can have some pretty interesting results.

pug puppies are awesome. my pug is gonna be 12 this year, but she still acts like a puppy sometimes.
    04-06-09 09:33 PM
    start here first, download Plazmic theme builder
    Plazmic
    there's also a link to the BB device simulators on the site, you should download the simulator of the device you're making the theme for so you can preview it.

I recommend version 4.6, but if you wanna do 8350i/Storm themes then 4.7 is the way to go... I personally don't like 4.7 as I've had a lot of problems with it.

you can find a lot of cool icons if you google them, also deviantart has some great custom made icons and wallpapers.

also, included in Plazmic theme builder there are sample themes and loads of icons (dimension and precision icons included) in the sample folder. best thing to do is start there and see what you can come up with. I've found that experimenting with the Precision icons in Photoshop can have some pretty interesting results.

pug puppies are awesome. my pug is gonna be 12 this year, but she still acts like a puppy sometimes.
    I've got two questions if you don't mind.

1) I downloaded a great bold theme for my Curve and I want to edit it. Is this possible? I just want to add a few bold type icons, nothing more.

2) How do you add icons to your blackberry? Do you do this within Plazmic?
    04-06-09 10:25 PM
    i downloaded plazmic 4.7, but im not very good with the program, and my theme is kinda plain... any tips on making better themes, one problem i have is that i dont know how to change the focus button color, any advice??
    04-07-09 08:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD