Anyway to change the scroll horizontally?
    05-06-09 08:34 PM
    When I create a custom theme for my 83xx device, the homescreen icons are
    not centered with respect to the underlays. The only way they get centered
    is if I add text showing the name of the icon. When I click the "text" box
    to remove the check mark, the icons go from being centered, to skewed to the
    left. Why is this happening and is there a fix? Thank you.
    Hello Tom,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Application Development Support.

I have been able to successfully reproduce the behavior you mentioned in your email using Theme Builder version 4.1.0.19 and have logged this for review and fix in a future release of Theme Builder. Thanks for reporting this!

This has also been tested in the version of Theme Builder included with the Plazmic CDK 4.6 (4.0.0.24) and has been unable to be reproduced. Please use this version for future themes for devices included in thsi release. For other device themes (9500, 8350i etc) the extra offset would have to be accounted for when removing the "Show Text" property.

Please let us know if you have any further questions regarding this issue presently.

Regards,

Garett
    Software Engineering Analyst
    Application Development Support
    Research In Motion Limited
    [email protected]
    www.BlackBerryDeveloper.com

It appears that they acknowledge the problem and that the only solution is to use the old version of themebuilder. There would be no benefit in using the old version since it doesn't support the main upgrade of skinning the multip tap icons etc. I will see if/when they will update this current version of themebuilder so that the problem will be fixed.
    05-07-09 05:49 PM
    The response I got was as follows,

Hello Tom, Unfortunately there is no timeline available for when a new version of Plazmic CDK may be released that will include a fix for this issue. Please continue to watch the Plazmic site's download section (Plazmic) for the most up-to-date CDK versions available for download.
    Regards, Garett
    Software Engineering Analyst Application Development Support Research In Motion Limited [email protected] BlackBerry - BlackBerry Developer Zone ------

I will keep you updated on when this will be fixed or try to find a way around it. I'll post a screenshot later today to explain the issue further.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 08:13 AM
    I don't see how people think it's right to charge for a theme that they COMPLETELY ripped the idea and look down to a tee off of someone else...Sorry bro, looks good, but no props.
    05-08-09 08:35 AM
    How else are you supposed to get the 8900 theme on a non 8900 device?
    05-08-09 08:38 AM
    I don't see how people think it's right to charge for a theme that they COMPLETELY ripped the idea and look down to a tee off of someone else...Sorry bro, looks good, but no props.

Originally, before the theme was dubbed "Curve 8900 Replica Theme", it was called "Energy Bliss Bold Replica Theme". I decided to change it to the 8900 replica after an overwhelmingy majority of people on the thread said that they wanted their curve or 88xx to look EXACTLY like the new 8900. The theme was free for a while during the initial design process. I decided to charge for it since it was taking away from my time at work as well as school. You're entitled to your own opinion, but if you think that I am charging for something and not putting any time or effort in return (updating themes, answering emails, responding on the threads, etc), then you are mistaken. Anyways, I don't need your "props" since you jump to ill conclusions about my involvement with this theme.

Last edited by tom1l21; 05-08-09 at 09:04 AM.
    05-08-09 08:51 AM
    Originally, before the theme was dubbed "Curve 8900 Replica Theme", it was called "Energy Bliss Bold Replica Theme". I decided to change it to the 8900 replica after an overwhelmingy majority of people on the thread said that they wanted their curve or 88xx to look EXACTLY like the new 8900. The theme was free for a while during the initial design process. I decided to charge for it since it was taking away from my time at work as well as school. You're entitled to your own opinion, but if you think that I am charging for something and not putting any time or effort in return (updating themes, answering emails, responding on the threads, etc), then you are mistaken. Anyways, I don't need your "props" since you jump to ill conclusions about my involvement with this theme.

I myself know that even making a replica theme takes hours and hours of work, so don't worry Tom, you have my props.

Concerning the centering on the home screen icons, have you tried changing the underlay size? That's the only way I have found to get the icons to be centered.
    Last edited by dylanledbetter; 05-10-09 at 02:16 PM.
    05-10-09 02:12 PM
    Any new word on the weatherbug or weathereye version of this theme?

05-10-09 04:58 PM
    Thanks Dylan. I actually have found a work around, it's very tedious, but I believe it works. Will post more info on it soon.

Any new word on the weatherbug or weathereye version of this theme?

Yes, I was wondering which version to put the weather icon in? Would everyone want each theme to have a weather version or just modify every original theme to allow for it? I'll act according to what people would like.
    05-10-09 05:16 PM
    I'm not sure I understand what the difference would be between the 2 choices. I would say that having the option would be nice like 1. The basic 2. The weather . I think that would be nice or make it like put weather whatever in a certain place on the theme like space 9 or 10 to make it work.

I still say have 2 different downloads lol. if yours aren't OTA I would suggest that because it would be nice. I haven't downloaded yet so I don't know lol.

Thanks for listening to my opinions.

05-10-09 10:53 PM
    I just have to redownload the theme cause it got erased and the file name is 2009.05.05.2038 (is this the one with the numlock updates/and all the others from Feb 23nd that you wrote about ?) I have the dock one I don't think so cause when I press shift it's still the old "look" not like the new look that I saw on Dylan 850i theme.
    05-10-09 11:41 PM
    I just have to redownload the theme cause it got erased and the file name is 2009.05.05.2038 (is this the one with the numlock updates/and all the others from Feb 23nd that you wrote about ?) I have the dock one I don't think so cause when I press shift it's still the old "look" not like the new look that I saw on Dylan 850i theme.

I believe it is the same as the old version, but I added it again on MobiHand because there was some problem with the old file. I don't want to post the update right away because I have to finish up the 4.2.2 and 4.3 version. If I upload the 4.5 version only, when I eventually update the theme, I don't want people to redownload it when they already have the same version. I will see if I can get the update for the bottom dock theme out tomorrow night after school (for all versions). It will have all the changes I spoke of before, most notably the actual 8900 multi-tap and numlock graphic.
    05-10-09 11:49 PM
    I myself know that even making a replica theme takes hours and hours of work, so don't worry Tom, you have my props.

Concerning the centering on the home screen icons, have you tried changing the underlay size? That's the only way I have found to get the icons to be centered.
    I agree- the other poster who mentioned that its a rip off is dead wrong. This theme (both dock and L) continue to be my favorite themes. Its very obvious how much time and effort has gone into creating each of these themes. I've tried the free themes similar to this and they're not quite as perfected as tom's. Tom, you have my props too!

I know I could skim through the replies bit what's this weather version I just read about? Is it going to be part of an update or will it be a whole new theme version?

05-11-09 02:44 AM
    Hey Toms
    Thanks for the quick reply, I'm looking forward to this update I've been going back and forth between themes and I can't help but come back to this one thanks again *gets his F5 finger ready*
    05-11-09 03:45 PM
    Hey Tom, i know this is supposed to be a 8900 replica theme but i was wondering if you take requests into customizing my already purchased Curve 8900 Today Plus V2 theme? I totally understand that it is very time consuming and I am willing to re-pay the price for the modified theme.

I currently receive both work and personal emails on my bb8330 and it gets kinda annoying seeing mixed email messages on the screen.

I bought the mPower Work Folder app so now i have a separate icon for the work emails. I was hoping that maybe you could remove the 'Messages" off the home screen and possible replace it with another row of 6 customizable icons?

Or maybe remove the "Messages" part and move everything up so that there are two rows of icons?

If you're really busy working on general updates on your themes, then no worries.

PM me if/when you get the chance. Keep up the good work!
    05-12-09 05:55 PM
    there is no cod with it :[p[[[[[
    05-12-09 07:36 PM
    This is very sleek. I'm going to test it out soon. Thanks!
    05-13-09 01:01 AM
    Man! I had this theme back in December and just had to get a new phone and didn't backup my third party apps so the theme is gone now!

When did it go to purchase only?
    05-13-09 09:55 AM
    Dec 24th
    05-13-09 09:35 PM
    Thank You....Very Much....Best Look For Me
    Now I Have A 8900 instead of a 8330.
    05-17-09 08:26 AM
    That's a real clean theme, I like it.
    05-17-09 12:49 PM
    bump to the top
    05-18-09 04:18 PM
    I finally got this theme, it's great, awesome job!

05-19-09 04:58 PM
    *Bumps & waits for update mahahahaha* why the **** am I so excited about some icon changes ? honestly I have No idea....hopefully the theme is smaller filesize wise lol.
    05-20-09 12:12 PM
    I got the Today v2. Awesome. Very crisp, clean and has a professional look. I especially like the mms/sms on the homescreen.

The only thing I've noticed is that the sms line on the home screen doesn't list the messages like the email line does. Is that the way it is, or is it not working for me?

Well anyway good job. I'll be back soon for the rest of the collection.
    05-20-09 12:50 PM
1,368 ... 4748495051 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD