for sure? what does the "horizontal scrolling" imply then?

Can anyone who has purchased the "L" theme shed some light?

Hi there Matt,

What this means is that to scroll from the top left icon to the bottom right icon, you can only scroll horizontally. It will go from the top left icon, down, and then to the right when you scroll from left to right. It doesn't allow for scrolling down from the top left icon and then scrolling to the right when you reach the bottom dock. All icons can be accessed, they are just highlighted when you scroll across horizontally on the trackball.
    02-16-09 09:11 PM
    hey tom
    any word on this crossbar theme ??? would love to get this

The problem with the Crossbar theme is that it performs great on the device simulator (in terms of speed), however, once used on the device, the scrolling is extremely slow. I'm not sure why this is or how to fix it. Also, the problem with using composer with any 4.5 or lower OS themes is that the SVG file (the cross bar scrolling file) for instance scrolls backwards and is selected prior to any other elements on the screen. I can fix the backwards scrolling, but this causes the location of icons 1-6 on the homescreen to be flipped with icons 1-6 on the application screen. Also, if I were to create a today plus theme, after you scroll to the far right, the focus would then go to the top of the today screen and then to the bottom. It makes the experience really confusing. I will see about doing a vertical scroll on the left with the today elements on the right, that would at least make sense for the today elements to scroll after the crossbar, but I don't know if I can improve the slow performance. Will keep you updated.
    02-17-09 02:40 PM
    Hey Tom,

Maybe you need a break from that

Perhaps you can modify the Today+ into a calendar only.

Kidding... really appreciate the work on these things!!!
    02-17-09 02:55 PM
    Hey Tom,

Maybe you need a break from that

Perhaps you can modify the Today+ into a calendar only.

Kidding... really appreciate the work on these things!!!

Yeah, Definitely will have the calendar only up very shortly.
    02-17-09 02:56 PM
    Thanks Tom...

don't let all this theme stuff get in the way of your school. That has to come first!!!
    02-17-09 03:05 PM
    Anyone who has bought the Bottom Dock only can you send me a PM i have a question. I have bought Today+.
    02-17-09 07:00 PM
    Anyone who has bought the Bottom Dock only can you send me a PM i have a question. I have bought Today+.
    I own all 3, but the 8900 replica on my curve is the best.
    Last edited by bjones1740; 02-17-09 at 07:53 PM.
    02-17-09 07:51 PM
    Those of you who have purchased the Icon theme, would you be interested in having these icons used instead? The current ones are from the bold and scaled down a bit, thats why they look blurry. These ones are from the 8350 and are a little bit larger than the bottom dock icons.

you can see the camera, video camera, and folder are the old icons. They are a little bit bigger, but they are more blurry.
    Does anyone want this change, or do you like the current size of the larger icons ONLY for the Icon theme?
    02-18-09 01:04 AM
    What is the difference? I don't really see one...
    02-18-09 10:49 PM
    ok, this is going to be a really stupid question as I am a new blackberry user (just got it today). I purchased this theme about 2 hours ago and was told it would be e-mailed within the hour. I received no such e-mail...what gives? I'm starting to get nervous since I paid for it and all but have no proof now that I bought it.
    02-18-09 11:08 PM
    It'll come through. I have bought all of these themes with no isssues. R u sure that u put down the right address when you registered?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 08:27 AM
    ok, this is going to be a really stupid question as I am a new blackberry user (just got it today). I purchased this theme about 2 hours ago and was told it would be e-mailed within the hour. I received no such e-mail...what gives? I'm starting to get nervous since I paid for it and all but have no proof now that I bought it.

There was an issue with MobiHand's servers earlier. It should all be corrected by now. Let me know if something isn't working.
    02-19-09 06:34 PM
    Did anyone else have the problem when they installed this application the icon to lock the device disapeared? I just thought that was weird. Does anyone know how to get it back? Alt + enter still works when you load up the main menu, but i was reading that was a thing in the 4.5 operating system.
    02-20-09 12:50 AM
    Did anyone else have the problem when they installed this application the icon to lock the device disapeared? I just thought that was weird. Does anyone know how to get it back? Alt + enter still works when you load up the main menu, but i was reading that was a thing in the 4.5 operating system.
    In creating custom themes, the alt+enter shortcut for the lock only works on the app screen and not the homescreen. Hopefully RIM will address this in either an OS update or themebuilder update.
    02-20-09 10:32 AM
    Does anyone want this change, or do you like the current size of the larger icons ONLY for the Icon theme?
    I have the icon theme and like these better.

02-20-09 05:54 PM
    I have the icon theme and like these better.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I will send out an email to everyone who purchased it to see what most people think. Thanks again!
    02-22-09 01:09 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I think I will send out an email to everyone who purchased it to see what most people think. Thanks again!
    Also, in case those of you don't know what I am talking about, the icons I used to make the Icon theme were the original Bold icons 80x80pixels scaled down to 53x48 (thats why they look a little blurry) to work for the curve icon theme. The new themebuilder that was leaked has the same icons but in size 52x52 pixels. The icons I use for the bottom dock, L, and today plus themes are all size 46x46 (pearl flip icons) cropped to 48x36 to fit the curve bottom dock, L, and today plus themes. I won't be able to use the 52x52pixel icons for those themes since it is too big, but they would fit perfectly for the icon theme.
    02-22-09 01:13 PM
    In the L theme can you not scroll vertically on the left hand icons?
    02-22-09 01:26 PM
    If it will get rid of the blurriness in some of the icons, then yes, go with that. Also, I've notices that in the icons theme, the profiles icon in the top is blurry but in the regular replica theme it is not. It is smaller I saw. Will that fix that also?
    02-22-09 01:27 PM
    I really love this new 8900 theme. I understand there may be some issues with vertical scrolling with the L theme. Has anyone had any issue with the L theme?
    02-22-09 02:10 PM
    I really love this new 8900 theme. I understand there may be some issues with vertical scrolling with the L theme. Has anyone had any issue with the L theme?

With the current version of themebuilder available, scrolling on the homescreen is only available in one direction. Whichever direction is specified for scrolling through icons (in this case horizontal) the opposite direction is specified for scrolling to the profiles (in this case vertical). Hopefully the new release of themebuilder will allow for scrolling in both directions, much like the Bold does.

Also, I've notices that in the icons theme, the profiles icon in the top is blurry but in the regular replica theme it is not. It is smaller I saw. Will that fix that also?
    With Icon themes, the BlackBerry scales down the icon for the profiles, that is why it appears blurry. There is nothing I can really do about it unless I make the icon smaller overall. This would make it a bit uneven compared to the other icons being larger. I'll see how much of a difference in size it is when I try out the new icons.
    02-22-09 04:01 PM
    Sorry about the delay, I've been really busy with school. I should have the calendar only version up in a day or so. Thank you for your patience!
    02-22-09 11:05 PM
    There is one bug I've noticed in the Bold Replica theme. When you're scrolling around in the application screen a lot of times it will jump to the top left. Has anyone else mentioned that and is there a possible fix for it? Thanks. Your themes are great!
    02-22-09 11:28 PM
    There is one bug I've noticed in the Bold Replica theme. When you're scrolling around in the application screen a lot of times it will jump to the top left. Has anyone else mentioned that and is there a possible fix for it? Thanks. Your themes are great!
    This I believe is a glitch either in OS 4.5+ or any theme made in themebuilder. I created a bold theme and it did it in that, even on the device simulator. I am not sure what causes it, but hopefully it will get fixed soon in either an OS update or Themebuilder update.
    02-23-09 01:42 AM
    After grabbing some of the new theme files from the leaked version of themebuilder, I will put an update out for all curve replica themes shortly. Some of the improvements include:

�crisper sms, email, browser, etc icons found left of each message in the message boxes.
    �quicker repsonse when hitting the symbols key
    �crisper red star notification, underlay, and focus icons on homescreen and app screen
    �smaller unread message icons (actual curve 8900 size) in banner (will post screenshots soon)
    �smaller hourglass icon
    �crisper alarm clock icon in banner
    �dialog boxes slightly more transparent

I might be missing a few more but this is the majority.

Last edited by tom1l21; 02-23-09 at 04:12 PM.
    02-23-09 04:02 PM
1,368 ... 3940414243 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD