Personally I'd rather have messages above calendar items. 2 message items and 4 calendar items looks good though so I put my vote in for that. Just wondering, to access the today items are you sticking with horizontal scrolling with vertical to the profiles icon or the other way around.
    I agree. Messages above calendar would be nice. Other than that, it looks great.
    01-19-09 08:45 AM
    And also I like the way the calendar items are first!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 08:46 AM
    Would anyone want me to make the icons on the bottom dock smaller so I can fit in the name bar that is usually just above the bottom dock? With the larger icons, there is definitely less room to work with.

YES! That would be awesome!
    01-19-09 08:46 AM
    I agree. Messages above calendar would be nice. Other than that, it looks great.
    YES, messages above calendar !!!
    and SMS and MMS with 1 subentries
    01-19-09 09:03 AM
    Hi Tom could you made the message and calender indication line and subentries transparent?
    01-19-09 09:07 AM
    Hi Tom could you made the message and calender indication line and subentries transparent?
    Unfortunately, I can't make the text transparent. I will look into it but I don't think its possible. Thanks for all the feedback everyone, keep it coming!
    01-19-09 12:24 PM
    Does anyone have any questions or comments about the text, things that maybe should be different? Do you want yellow calendar and message font or keep everything white? I used a slightly larger and less shadowed font for the title message and calendar just to point out the difference.
    01-19-09 02:52 PM
    White is easier to read
    01-19-09 03:48 PM
    Definitely white

01-19-09 04:10 PM
    White got my vote as well
    01-19-09 04:41 PM
    Can't wait to get the new Curve 8900 (Javelin)? Why wait when you can experience it on your Curve 83xx and 88xx! Leave you feedback in the CrackBerry Curve 83xx Forums and have your voice heard! FREE Regular updates will be made based upon feedback from those who leave it. New versions of themebuilder will also be applied to updates to include more features in the subsequent releases.

Consider this your first very own interactive CrackBerry Theme!

Bottom Dock

L Theme

Icon Theme

Features:
    • The first genuine Curve 8900 (Javelin) Theme for your Curve 83xx and 88xx.
    • Highest Quality theme available on Mobihand
    • User Customizable Bottom Dock
    • User Defined Fonts
    • Genuine OS 4.6 Icons
    • Genuine Application Screen Background (not locked)
    • Programs folder added on application screen
    • Transparent Dialog Box (Does not conflict with Opera Mini)
    • Theme will be subject to regular updates based upon feedback from the forums
    • Look for Today, Today Plus, Today Plus with Crossbar, and L Themes coming soon!
    All the themes allow for customizing the fonts and changing lock screen background. The only fonts that are locked are the menu fonts and the dialog fonts. The exception is with 4.3. Under 4.3, the only fonts that are customizable are the ones for your message list, it does not include the date in the message list, so if you increase/decrease the size of the font in the screen/keyboard options, there won't be an effect on the date text in the message list. Also with 4.3, the profiles icon on the homescreen will be highlighted after you scroll all the way to the right. This cannot be fixed and is a problem with 4.3. 4.5 allows you to scroll directly up to the profiles icon.

Please voice your thoughts and opinions in this thread and your suggestions may be included into future updates!

UPDATE 01/10/2008:
    I have added the L theme as shown above. It supports both OS 4.3+ and OS 4.5. Please check out the links below on how to get this theme. Features included in this theme that will make its way into the updates of the Curve 8900 Replica Theme & ICON theme:
    -added support for red level 1 messages
    -titlebar font is kept consistent with menu font
    -10:00AM is not cut off anymore
    -banner transparency matches icon underlay transparency (more transparent)
    -"new item indicator" positioned more to right
    -fixed button sizes to match 8900 more accurately
    UPDATE 12/29/2008:
    I have added an icon theme as shown above. It supports both OS 4.2.2+. Please check out the links below on how to get this theme.

UPDATE 12/24/2008:
    After putting considerable time into this theme, I decided to add it to the CrackBerry Store. I plan on spending my extra time creating themes that everyone can enjoy with as little imperfections as possible. Being a student and not having a job, keeping up with this thread and the requests of others has put a bit of strain on my free time as well as school work. I plan on keeping up to pace with this theme as well as others in the coming future. I hope everyone understands and continues to download and use my themes, as well as give critical feedback in the forums. I couldn't do it without you all!

Fixes in the update include:
    -Black titlebar with white font included (font not customizable)
    -Date being cut off when a long date was used (e.g. WED, DEC 24th shows WED, DEC...)
    -added red font for urgent messages
    -notification icon made larger an positioned more properly
    -very minimal transparency on dialog boxes (no transparency on menus because of opera mini glitch)
    -lock icon changed to match 8900
    -bold font for highlighted menu text added back
    -banner length increased considerably

Please navigate to the links below to purchase the Curve 8900 Replica Themes for either OS 4.5 or OS 4.2.2+. Please act fast as the new "L" Version of the Curve 8900 Replica Theme will be on sale until Tuesday, January 13th!

BOTTOM DOCK
    Click link below for Curve 8900 Bottom Dock Replica Theme for OS 4.5
    Curve 8900 Replica Theme OS 4.5 - Themes Blackberry Software
    Click link below for Curve 8900 Bottom Dock Replica Theme for OS 4.3+
    Curve 8900 Replica Theme OS 4.3+ - Themes Blackberry Software

L
    Click link below for Curve 8900 L Replica Theme for OS 4.5
    Curve 8900 L Replica Theme OS 4.5 - Themes Blackberry Software
    Click link below for Curve 8900 L Replica Theme for OS 4.3+
    Curve 8900 L Replica Theme OS 4.3+ - Themes Blackberry Software
    ICON
    Click link below for Curve 8900 Icon Replica Theme for OS 4.5
    Curve 8900 Icon Replica Theme OS 4.5 - Themes Blackberry Software
    Click link below for Curve 8900 Icon Replica Theme for OS 4.2.2+
    Curve 8900 Icon Replica Theme OS 4.2+ - Themes Blackberry Software

Links will be changed over to the CrackBerry store in a day or two, the promotion is only being shown on mobihand currently.

Donations are much appreciated, Thank You.

Please click the link below.
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=1582004
    Pardon the stupid question here, but I purchased this theme (bottom dock for 4.5) a couple of weeks ago, and it says that it comes with free updates. I noticed that there was an update made on 1/10. How do I download this update without having to pay for the theme again? Please help!

01-19-09 06:12 PM
    Pardon the stupid question here, but I purchased this theme (bottom dock for 4.5) a couple of weeks ago, and it says that it comes with free updates. I noticed that there was an update made on 1/10. How do I download this update without having to pay for the theme again? Please help!

The update on 1/10 was referring to the release of the L theme. I will have the update for the Bottom dock and Icon themes very soon. You will receive an email with instructions for the update, similar to the one you received when you purchased the theme. By the way, thats not a stupid question
    01-19-09 06:16 PM

Thankfully, the issue with the cut off icon has been resolved (sort of). It turns out that the little star icon used in the today elements is actually using the star that is found on the icon elements (bottom dock icons). If I shift the star for the bottom icons over a few pixels to the left, then the star doesn't get cut off in the today elements. The only problem (if you think its a problem) is that the star in the bottom dock icons is shifted to the left 3 pixels. I have attached a few screenshots to show what I am talking about.

Image 1:
    Notice how the star on the gmail inbox and bbmessenger inbox is shifted a bit to the left.

Image 2:
    I mirrored the original star (without the 3 pixel shift). Notice though that the top star in the banner is on the right side.

Image 3:
    Both the top banner star and bottom stars are mirrored.

My preference to be honest is the first image, with the star just shifted to the left 3 pixels.

Again, this isn't the final build, I just wanted to compare apples to apples so that you could see what I am talking about. If you have no idea what I am talking about, refer to this post http://forums.crackberry.com/f126/cu...ml#post1446655
    Last edited by tom1l21; 01-19-09 at 08:24 PM.
    01-19-09 08:18 PM
    Definitely image #1. Tom... you continue to amaze us all, and I really admire the perfectionist aspect of your work!
    01-19-09 08:24 PM
    Messages above the calendar would look better I agree. Im excited about what you are doing Tom. Thanks again for a great theme!!
    01-19-09 08:50 PM
    Nice work Tom, my favorite theme so far. I only have two problems with this theme.
    -Why does the Application background wallpaper change from the default blue gradient background if I change the background. I can only have that application wallpaper if I use the default Javelin wallpaper that you have on the theme.
    -I find it hard to read the list of emails because the separators which display the date are very close to the same color as the emails themselves. Maybe make the emails a different color and don't alternate between gray and white. Just keep the separators white and the emails all on other color. I believe that would make them easier to read.

Other than these two things, this is my most favorite theme by far! And also the only theme that I actually decided to pay for. Keep it up!
    01-19-09 09:18 PM
    Tom~

I appreciate your dedication to detail. That is certainly why you have the best theme out there, and it's really great that you involve your "clientele" in the decision. You have to be unique in this aspect. I put my trust in what you think is best, and concur with the majority of your "fans". Honestly...I am a theme addict, always looking for the best out there. I have 2 themes on my BB right now.

Both are yours !!

I need a 3rd...I need a Today +......but it's gotta be yours.
    01-19-09 09:33 PM
    Why does the Application background wallpaper change from the default blue gradient background if I change the background. I can only have that application wallpaper if I use the default Javelin wallpaper that you have on the theme.
    This is a limitation in themebuilder unfortunately. I cannot lock the application screen wallpaper. It changes with the change in wallpaper done on your phone. Hopefully the next issue of themebuilder will allow for locking the application screen background.

I find it hard to read the list of emails because the separators which display the date are very close to the same color as the emails themselves. Maybe make the emails a different color and don't alternate between gray and white. Just keep the separators white and the emails all on other color. I believe that would make them easier to read.
    I understand your concern. As of right now, both the Bold and the Curve 8900 have their message box's exactly like this with the grey and white stripes and both have the same color separators (for the date) as this replica theme does. One thing that I could do is Bold the text in the date area, but the only problem is that if I apply "Bold" to it, it will lock the text size and font. I'm sure that won't be something people will want. I can try and do a little color altering of the date seperator and see if anyone here welcomes the change, but again, I try to keep this theme as exact as possible to the 8900.
    01-19-09 09:56 PM
    Thank you everybody for the kind words and compliments. I was once in your shoes, held hostage by themes that had one glaring flaw/issue that was a deal breaker for me. The idea here with my themes is to avoid that, and most importantly, finding out what you all want. It's with your help that this theme series is becoming a hit! Thank you again!
    01-19-09 09:59 PM
    I knew that must have been the problem. I actually thought of one more thing I noticed in some Javelin pictures. This also may be a limitation,but on the Javelin, it displays the full day and date. Is that a possibility? Thanks for your quick response.
    01-19-09 10:10 PM
    I knew that must have been the problem. I actually thought of one more thing I noticed in some Javelin pictures. This also may be a limitation,but on the Javelin, it displays the full day and date. Is that a possibility? Thanks for your quick response.
    Again, I am limited by Themebuilder (this is a reoccurring theme here ) and the restrictions they have. They only allow you to change the font for the date, not the actual format of it. Hopefully the next themebuilder release will allow for this.
    01-19-09 10:13 PM
    Understood,thanks a lot. And if I think of anything else, I'll be sure to let you know.
    01-19-09 10:15 PM
    any coupon code for mobi or somthing? and double zen
    01-19-09 10:16 PM
    Today is coming along nicely! I think the second image is the one that looks most symmetrical as far as that new message indicator.

01-19-09 10:17 PM

Here are the two builds that I will most likely use. I kind of like the first one with the SMS icon on the screen. Please let me know which one you prefer.
    Last edited by tom1l21; 01-20-09 at 01:42 AM.
    01-20-09 01:39 AM
1,368 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD