07-30-10 10:34 PM
1,368 1234 ...
tools
    This theme is wonderful. Icon size is great. How did you create the "prgrams" folder?
    12-07-08 03:42 PM
    Also how did u specify the look of the Docs2Go folder?
    12-07-08 03:42 PM
    Did you download the 4.3 version? With 4.5, that issue doesn't happen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I did. When i'm looking down the list the date separators are huge and cutoff at the bottoms. Not a huge deal but I thought the OP would want to know if there were any bugs and such
    12-07-08 04:50 PM
    yep docs2go folder gone again, replaced with a regular looking 8900 theme looking folder
    12-07-08 05:30 PM
    Tom, great theme... But when I put it on my 8310, the seperate view for SMS and mms disappears ? Is this correct ?
    12-07-08 05:40 PM
    NICE THEME!

12-07-08 05:42 PM
    ok i can see the difference in the 2 fonts its on the menu thingys
    why didnt you just leave the uma signal thing on the left like it usually is? Because when you go back to edge the signal is still on the right and then activity icon still goes over it, so could have just left it there
    i thought my battery had a signal lol
    12-07-08 05:52 PM
    Really nice theme! My Curve looks so cool now, thank you so much. Only problem I see is the FONT for the Dates in SMS is huge and seems to be cutoff at the bottoms. Otherwise amazing!
    The problem is that only on OS 4.3, the font for the date on the message list is locked and cannot be changed when you change the font in the options/screen keyboard. With OS 4.5, they allow you to customize that font when you do indeed change your fonts with the screen/keyboard option. What I'll do is decrease the size of that font so that when you choose say, a size 7 font, it won't get cut off. The only problem is that if you choose a large font, your date font will be smaller. Currently this is the only way I can go to workaround this issue if you are using OS 4.3. Again, if you upgrade, you won't have this problem.

yep docs2go folder gone again, replaced with a regular looking 8900 theme looking folder
    I am not sure why it does this, have I ever released a version where it showed the docs2go folder in its normal animated folder icon?

Tom, great theme... But when I put it on my 8310, the seperate view for SMS and mms disappears ? Is this correct ?
    I'm not sure why it would do this, I have icons for sms, mss, and sms & mms inboxes. Perhaps one is hidden?

ok i can see the difference in the 2 fonts its on the menu thingys
    why didnt you just leave the uma signal thing on the left like it usually is? Because when you go back to edge the signal is still on the right and then activity icon still goes over it, so could have just left it there
    i thought my battery had a signal lol
    I don't have wifi on my 8330 and I am not able to simulate it with the device simulator so i'm not sure how it works. So what you're saying is that when you make a uma call (using the normal bbdimension themes), the normal edge signal bars disappear and the wifi signal bars appear, usually over the original ones? What I thought was that it always showed signal bars for wifi (to show your strength of connection for say browsing on the web, not just strictly uma), but i guess it only shows the wifi signal bars for a uma call?
    12-07-08 07:05 PM

thats how uma looks

thats how regular no wifi looks

both in the same spots
    and when theres activity and what not, still over those signal indicators
    when on wifi, the icon doesnt really show strength, its either that or i dont go far away from a router
    the wifi signal icon thingy, just appears after you connect to wifi, so once ur on wifi, ur on uma

yea i dont understand the docs2go thing, but some theme makers has theirs still there, dunno how they do it
    12-07-08 08:51 PM
    Did u create this as a Bold theme and then export it to 8300 4.5 in plazmic?
    12-07-08 08:56 PM
    Oh ok cool, I thought that the wifi strength signal would show over the edge network signal if you were just using wifi to browse the internet and not for uma, but I guess that isn't the case. I'll have the theme updated with the wifi signal over the regular edge network signal meter. just give me some time and i'll have it updated. look for a post of mine and an update listed on the first page for details.

As far as the updates go, I'm not going to change anything around, only fix problems that occur. As far as the wifi signal indicator, the only thing that i'll change in the update is the font for the date in the message list for OS 4.3 only. Also in OS 4.3, I believe that with this theme, you can't just scroll up for the profiles icon, if you scroll all the way to the right it will highlight it too. Other than that, there probably won't be anything else to fix.
    12-07-08 09:00 PM
    Did u create this as a Bold theme and then export it to 8300 4.5 in plazmic?
    No I didn't, but I'm not quite sure I understand exactly what you're saying.
    12-07-08 09:04 PM
    yea now we just gotta find out how some theme makers keep their docs2go icon lol
    wanst there like a themebuilder forum at crackberry?
    12-07-08 09:22 PM
    Are the icons customizable?
    12-07-08 10:52 PM
    This is by far the best theme I've found for my 8330.

I know you said you're not updating it anymore, but... I thought I'd give it a try. Two things:

1. Is it possible to make the icons in the icon view the same large square size as on the home/zen screen? I like the big squares as opposed to the little rectangles.

2. Is it possible to include folder icons for Applications, Downloads, Games, and Setup, like in 4.6/4.7? I like those.

Thanks!
    12-07-08 11:21 PM
    This is by far the best theme I've found for my 8330.

I know you said you're not updating it anymore, but... I thought I'd give it a try. Two things:

1. Is it possible to make the icons in the icon view the same large square size as on the home/zen screen? I like the big squares as opposed to the little rectangles.

2. Is it possible to include folder icons for Applications, Downloads, Games, and Setup, like in 4.6/4.7? I like those.

Thanks!
    Hi, thanks for the compliments. I will be updating it probably a few more times just to get a few kinks ironed out but will not be changing anything drastically. It is not possible to have the square icons for the app screen, the icon size is 48x36 and that cannot change. Also, I cannot include those specific folders as I do not have the files for them. You can create folders for yourself however, but im sure you know this.
    12-07-08 11:44 PM
    *************Update 12/8/08*************
    -Moved wifi signal meter to the right side behind phone signal meter
    -Made app screen app font a little larger
    -Made Banner font a little smaller
    ---I will have these updates made to the 4.3 versions as well as the message font issue with the 4.3 version soon.

Re download if you would like under the 4.5 OTA section.
    12-08-08 12:15 AM
    Hi, thanks for the compliments. I will be updating it probably a few more times just to get a few kinks ironed out but will not be changing anything drastically. It is not possible to have the square icons for the app screen, the icon size is 48x36 and that cannot change. Also, I cannot include those specific folders as I do not have the files for them. You can create folders for yourself however, but im sure you know this.
    Thanks for the response. Again, AWESOME THEME. But, I actually have no idea how to add custom folder icons. That'd be great if you could let me know how. Or, if you are able, you could add these to your theme. I found the icons for the folders for you!

Let me know! Thanks
    12-08-08 01:07 AM
    It would be sweet if the Doc2Go folder could be in the Programs folder like it is in your Bold theme.

Also, the Applications, Downloads, Games, and Setup folders would be a very nice addition as well! Good call Spangler!
    12-08-08 05:50 AM
    Well I have the two latest ones and the one before and the old one was great, but these latest changes you made really good, nice work.
    12-08-08 07:17 AM
    awesomeeeeee

now if theres the today+ one ill be all set

noticed that you renamed the call log to phone
    Last edited by godofdeath; 12-08-08 at 10:00 AM.
    12-08-08 09:51 AM
    Are the icons customizable?
    yes totally customizable
    12-08-08 10:01 AM
    Tom,

Just a question. Why did you change the original idea of making an exact replica of the 8900? In the picture of the replica screen, the ringer profile icon is clearly on the left side and the battery meter is smaller?? Otherwise everything is PERFECT!!
    12-08-08 10:52 AM
    Tom,

Just a question. Why did you change the original idea of making an exact replica of the 8900? In the picture of the replica screen, the ringer profile icon is clearly on the left side and the battery meter is smaller?? Otherwise everything is PERFECT!!
    Haha I just noticed that too in the pic on the blog

12-08-08 11:24 AM
    Guess this should renamed to bold theme for curve

12-08-08 11:27 AM
1,368 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD