I don't understand how it would look any more cluttered. There will still be 4 lines of text under calendar just the last line will be application titles instead of a calendar item.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 11:53 PM
    How come the icon for Streaming Music has a white background, its the only one like that. This is on the 8900 Replica Theme.
    02-05-09 10:47 AM
    Hi Tom, I have few questions regarding the updated Today plus theme.

When setting Messages and SMS/MMS combined or theme controlled:

1. If the keyboard device is not locked or not in stand-by, when I receive SMS it will show in the today entry and on the icon it said # unread. After I opening the SMS and go back to the home screen, the entry on the Today is gone, but the SMS is still in the message folder. I think it is supposed to be like this or the correct way.

2. If the keyboard device is locked or in stand-by, when I receive SMS and unlocking it within 20 seconds, it will directly open the SMS (I know this is the way supposed to be). But when I return to the home screen, the SMS is still on the Today entry. Even after deleting that SMS in message folder or even emptying the message folder, that SMS is still showing on the Today entry. And I still can open that SMS on the Today entry even though I have deleted all messages on the message folder. But If I unlocked after 20 seconds it will go to the home screen (this is also the way supposed to be) and after I open that SMS and return to the home screen, the SMS is gone and I think this is the correct way.

Now if I set the setting to separate Messages and SMS, that SMS on the Today entry is gone and the SMS/MMS folder is empty also. But if I set it back again to combined, that SMS will show again on the Today entry.

The SMS is gone after I reset the device. But this will happen again every time I get messages and unlocked it within 20 seconds. It will keep staying on the Today entry unless the setting is separated or reset the device.

I want the setting to be combined but now I can't do that coz all the SMS and messages will stay on the Today entry even after I delete them.

Any suggestion how to solve this. Should I re-download the theme?
    02-05-09 11:28 AM
    is there a way to take out calander and put something else there?
    02-05-09 03:30 PM
    I don't understand how it would look any more cluttered. There will still be 4 lines of text under calendar just the last line will be application titles instead of a calendar item.
    I'll post a screen maybe tonight and see what people's consenus is on it.

How come the icon for Streaming Music has a white background, its the only one like that. This is on the 8900 Replica Theme.
    I'm not quite sure what icon you are referring to. Could you please explain a little more? Thanks.

1. If the keyboard device is not locked or not in stand-by, when I receive SMS it will show in the today entry and on the icon it said # unread. After I opening the SMS and go back to the home screen, the entry on the Today is gone, but the SMS is still in the message folder. I think it is supposed to be like this or the correct way.
    This seems to be normal. On the today screen, it will only display messages that are unread or unattended to. Once you open up the inbox, it will remove it from that list. Unfortunately it won't only remove it if you only read it. It is similar to how the star disappears in the banner when you open up the inbox that has an unread message in it. When the star disappears in the banner on that message, it will also disappear from the today part. That is currently how the today themes work and I can't control that unforutanately.

2. If the keyboard device is locked or in stand-by, when I receive SMS and unlocking it within 20 seconds, it will directly open the SMS (I know this is the way supposed to be). But when I return to the home screen, the SMS is still on the Today entry. Even after deleting that SMS in message folder or even emptying the message folder, that SMS is still showing on the Today entry. And I still can open that SMS on the Today entry even though I have deleted all messages on the message folder. But If I unlocked after 20 seconds it will go to the home screen (this is also the way supposed to be) and after I open that SMS and return to the home screen, the SMS is gone and I think this is the correct way.
    Your device will only open the message if it is put in a magnetic holster within 20 secs and not if it is simply in standby or lock mode. The only way you can get it to open the message right away without the magnetic holster is to use Aerize Alerts or Peek A Who which allows you to open the message from the homescreen. There seems to be a glitch that occurs sometimes with the today area where if you delete or open a message and then go back to the homescreen it will still show there. But if you move the trackball at all, it will disappear (it should disappear because it was deleted or read). This happens frequently with Aerize Alerts when marking read or deleting a message from the pop-up. I haven't been able to replicate it, but there is no way in themebuilder to "fix" this issue. It is part of the operating system and how it works.

is there a way to take out calander and put something else there?
    Right now I am sticking with two versions, one with 3 messages, 4 calendars, and 2 messages, sms icon, and 3 calendars. I don't have any plans as of right now to create any other editions but possibly in the future.
    02-05-09 03:39 PM
    Right now I am sticking with two versions, one with 3 messages, 4 calendars, and 2 messages, sms icon, and 3 calendars. I don't have any plans as of right now to create any other editions but possibly in the future.
    you have a PM....soon.
    02-05-09 03:47 PM
    I'll post a screen maybe tonight and see what people's consenus is on it.
    Sounds good to me!

02-05-09 04:30 PM
    [QUOTE=tom1l21;1594045]I'm not quite sure what icon you are referring to. Could you please explain a little more? Thanks.

Its one of the icons that comes with the theme on the main icon screen. It has a white background when first installed. I found if I hide it and then unhide it its back to normal. Both time it was installed after a clean format and reinstall on 4.5.0.110. No biggy really, just noticed it.
    02-05-09 04:39 PM
    [quote=bjones1740;1594619]
    I'm not quite sure what icon you are referring to. Could you please explain a little more? Thanks.

Its one of the icons that comes with the theme on the main icon screen. It has a white background when first installed. I found if I hide it and then unhide it its back to normal. Both time it was installed after a clean format and reinstall on 4.5.0.110. No biggy really, just noticed it.
    Thats really weird I have not seen that before.
    02-05-09 11:10 PM
    That didnt happen to me... The install was fresh.
    02-05-09 11:26 PM
    Your device will only open the message if it is put in a magnetic holster within 20 secs and not if it is simply in standby or lock mode. The only way you can get it to open the message right away without the magnetic holster is to use Aerize Alerts or Peek A Who which allows you to open the message from the homescreen. There seems to be a glitch that occurs sometimes with the today area where if you delete or open a message and then go back to the homescreen it will still show there. But if you move the trackball at all, it will disappear (it should disappear because it was deleted or read). This happens frequently with Aerize Alerts when marking read or deleting a message from the pop-up. I haven't been able to replicate it, but there is no way in themebuilder to "fix" this issue. It is part of the operating system and how it works.

Tom... That is exactly what I'm doing. I always use my magnetic holster and set it to lock when holstering. So when I got an SMS and pull it out within 20 seconds, it opened the SMS which of course supposed to be like this. The problem is when I exit that SMS and went back to main screen, that SMS was still on the Today entry. Even if I delete that SMS, both from main screen or from folder, that SMS is still on the Today entry. It wont go away unless I reboot the device OR set the setting to Separate, not Combined or Theme Controlled.

This issue does not occur if the device is not lock or pulling out from holster after 20 second which of course will go to main screen or set to Separate.

I think this is a glitch and if I may ask you, please try it on you device. Set it to be Combined, holster it so it will locked, send SMS to your device, when SMS comes pull it out within 20 seconds. You will see what I mean.

Oh ya, I just found 1 more glitch. When I receive new email and don't open it but delete it right away, the message icon on the banner still indicates an unread message, even though I have delete that message. Note that I don't have any saved messages.
    02-06-09 03:53 AM
    I tried it out and you are exactly right. I will email RIM today and see what causes this. There is no where in themebuilder to change a setting for this so I believe it is a glitch in the internal OS of the BB. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

02-06-09 07:53 AM
    I am having a problem. Today I downloaded the Bottom themes, version 2009.01.29.1125 for v4.5 OS. I have confirmed I have v4.5 OS. The problem is, I am on a BES and when I apply this theme I get no emails, but if i revert back to my default themes I will get the emails coming again. What is the cause is this?
    02-06-09 09:38 AM
    I am having a problem. Today I downloaded the Bottom themes, version 2009.01.29.1125 for v4.5 OS. I have confirmed I have v4.5 OS. The problem is, I am on a BES and when I apply this theme I get no emails, but if i revert back to my default themes I will get the emails coming again. What is the cause is this?

Try changing the permissions to the theme in advanced--->options (find theme name) and change each section to "allow all."
    02-06-09 11:02 AM
    Try changing the permissions to the theme in advanced--->options (find theme name) and change each section to "allow all."
    Everthing was already set that way, but I re-applied it and it worked right away. Thanks. Any idea why this happened though?
    02-06-09 11:35 AM
    You know between the authenticity of the Bottom Dock them with the 4.5 os, my phone really feels like one of the new generation Blackberries. I might might even wait til December for a new one
    02-06-09 11:58 AM
    I tried it out and you are exactly right. I will email RIM today and see what causes this. There is no where in themebuilder to change a setting for this so I believe it is a glitch in the internal OS of the BB. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

OK Tom.. as long as you know that there is an issue there and hope you can resolve it on the next update. And also the unread message icon on the banner when there is actually no message.
    02-06-09 12:16 PM
    Hello Tom,

Nice looking work. I am new to both b' and c'berry so I hope I am not being redundant.

My question is on the Today Plus screen are the bottom icons/applications set by the theme or can they be changed by the user? I quite like having message subjects and appointments on my main screen. I'd love to put the apps of my choosing on the front too.

Is this doable?

Thanks
    Dan
    02-06-09 04:50 PM
    Bottom dock is user customizable.

02-06-09 05:43 PM
    Hey Tom can you get me the version with horozontal scrolling? I can't use this verticle scrolling version.

02-06-09 08:22 PM
    now that looks like i got to have it on my BB...
    02-08-09 06:55 AM
    Hey Tom can you get me the version with horozontal scrolling? I can't use this verticle scrolling version.

Email sent.
    02-08-09 07:46 AM
    Hey Tom,
    Not sure if I am reposting or not, but I don't have much time to read all these posts, any idea on the delay for the symbols to pop up? I'm sure you working on it already.

Thanks

02-08-09 08:04 AM
    Hey Tom,
    Not sure if I am reposting or not, but I don't have much time to read all these posts, any idea on the delay for the symbols to pop up? I'm sure you working on it already.

Thanks

I have checked this out in the past, I believe it is because of the transparent dialog boxes set in the theme. But I have still seen it happen without transparency. I'm still trying to figure it out.
    02-08-09 11:34 AM
    Sounds good, not a big deal to me, just curious. I love the theme, and I recommend it to everyone.

02-08-09 07:41 PM
1,368 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD