The today plus theme plus the new leaked sprint .131 OS leak in the same week is pure bliss... What an amazing week for my curve.
    01-28-09 09:25 PM
    So what you're saying is that when you get an email, the little envelope in the banner with the star, along with the big star on the icon disappear if you open up a program like the calculator without checking the message?

With the current version of themebuilder available, I am not able to adjust the banner that is used during calls (it uses the standard banner from the homescreen) or the position of the banner (by default it is on the bottom). Hopefully in the next release of themebuilder there will be a little more flexability regarding this.

Originally, i did have the time bigger, but that created a size problem like you are saying. Plus, the time used here is the same size as on the 8900 so I like to keep everything as exact as possible.

And also, for those of you desperately seeking updates, I am in the process of updating the themes. If you have downloaded the Icon theme in the past, you should have gotten an update email. If you have not, you can purchase it from the link on the first page of this forum. It is version 1.4 as will be the other themes being updated. You can check the front page as well with information on the updates. The others should be updated by the nights end and you should receive an email in a few hours. You have to open the email from your blackberry and login into the page it presents to you to download the update. As of right now, it is not allowing me to send the download file to my phone via sms or email, so please open the email from your phone or forward the upgrade email to it. Please let me know if there are any problems regarding the updates. Thank you!

P.S. Can anyone let me know if they have received an upgrade email? So far I have only received one for the Icon theme version 4.2.2+ and none of the others. If by tomorrow morning the only update email received was for the latter theme, then I will surely have that fixed. It is a bit ambiguous on how to update, so I am working with it at the moment.
    aiite i see, thought it looked weird being down there
    01-28-09 09:30 PM
    why don't i have "blackberry" at the top? is it because verizon didn't want it there?
    01-28-09 10:32 PM
    it never says blackberry. that's just by default when making a theme
    01-28-09 10:53 PM
    also, this is the area that says what inbox you are looking at e.g. SMS & MMS or [email protected] or what search you do in your inbox like "phone calls". That is mainly what it is used for for the curves that dont' have the banner displaying.
    01-28-09 11:57 PM
    When I went to upgrade the bottom dock theme from the crackberry store site on my phone, the link says 1.4 but when you go to download it the file name is the same as the one I already have. The L theme has a different file name for the upgrade so just was wondering if I did in fact DL the update for the bottom dock. Also will there be a list of what was updated in the themes in the thread's original post?
    01-29-09 07:49 AM
    When I went to upgrade the bottom dock theme from the crackberry store site on my phone, the link says 1.4 but when you go to download it the file name is the same as the one I already have. The L theme has a different file name for the upgrade so just was wondering if I did in fact DL the update for the bottom dock. Also will there be a list of what was updated in the themes in the thread's original post?
    I have the same issue with the bottom dock theme. The ICON version is updated but the bottom dock is not. Still has file name "...2008.12.24.0132" while the icon version is "...2009.01.28.1749". Notice the date in the file names ...
    01-29-09 07:54 AM
    Tom

Can we get a brief reminder of what changes were made in the Lower Dock and L theme updates? Thanks.
    01-29-09 08:42 AM
    So what you're saying is that when you get an email, the little envelope in the banner with the star, along with the big star on the icon disappear if you open up a program like the calculator without checking the message?

Yes sir. Very odd.
    01-29-09 08:49 AM
    I have the same issue with the bottom dock theme. The ICON version is updated but the bottom dock is not. Still has file name "...2008.12.24.0132" while the icon version is "...2009.01.28.1749". Notice the date in the file names ...
    Same for myself, I've got the Bottom dock and when I go to upgrade it's the one I already have 2008.12.24.0132

-CommanderRomeo
    01-29-09 09:01 AM
    Yes sir. Very odd.
    If you have your home/work computer on and checking your email it will also update your blackberry that that message has been read which will remover the star. Is this what is possibly going on?
    01-29-09 09:12 AM
    Hey everyone, sorry about the mishap with the update, you should receive an email hopefully later today today for the bottom dock theme. Apparantly, the icon and L themes were updated and the bottom dock did not. If you want to download the update for the L and bottom dock theme, simply go to www mobihand com and click on my account from your phone. As of right now, this is only available over your phone and not available to do so on the desktop. I will contact MobiHand support to see why this is the case. Hopefully the email will go out today (I have no control as to when it goes out, sometimes it can take 1 hour or sometimes it can take up to 10 hours depending on MobiHands servers). So hopefully you should receive an email later today. I am sorry for the messy updates, next time it shouldn't be so bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 10:09 AM
    it says i cant download it only demo
    01-29-09 10:34 AM
    Thanks for the response. Again, AWESOME THEME. But, I actually have no idea how to add custom folder icons. That'd be great if you could let me know how. Or, if you are able, you could add these to your theme. I found the icons for the folders for you!

Let me know! Thanks
    Thanks spangler! These icon files are great! Does anyone know how to load them onto the device?
    Last edited by CardinalDBeiter; 01-29-09 at 12:06 PM.
    01-29-09 12:03 PM
    i just checked mobihand from my berry and the update for curve 8900 replica theme v4.5 (bottom dock) is there and there is a different version number 1.4.2 (2009.01.29.1125)
    01-29-09 01:22 PM
    Hi Tom,

Do you know if you will be releasing the today plus theme with just the messages and calendar yet (omitting the SMS/MMS messages)?
    01-29-09 01:38 PM
    i just checked mobihand from my berry and the update for curve 8900 replica theme v4.5 (bottom dock) is there and there is a different version number 1.4.2 (2009.01.29.1125)
    Thank you thank you thank you so much. For some reason, it was showing the old version when I clicked the download link. What you have to do is make sure you clear your "content cache and history" before downloading the link. If you don't you will get the old file still. What a bummer, now I have to send out another email or I will receive 100 more emails asking why it didn't update.
    01-29-09 01:43 PM
    Thank you thank you thank you so much. For some reason, it was showing the old version when I clicked the download link. What you have to do is make sure you clear your "content cache and history" before downloading the link. If you don't you will get the old file still. What a bummer, now I have to send out another email or I will receive 100 more emails asking why it didn't update.
    cool no problem , have one question in the jad file it still shows the old midlet version if this makes a difference (2008.12.24.0132) but on my berry it does show the new version (2009.01.29.1125) just wondering cause on the L version the midlet version updated as well (2009.01.28.1751)
    thx
    01-29-09 02:07 PM
    The new bottom dock is not yet updated on Mobihand... You can only see 1.4.2 version but the link goes to the old one. Tom told me that it's caused by Mobihand that will update his servers about one time a day.
    01-29-09 03:07 PM
    Here is the instructions I have been emailing people. I will hopefully get a mass email out later today. But in the meantime....

Earlier this morning, an update email was sent out for the bottom dock, icon, and L theme. Both the icon and L theme were correctly updated, however, the files for the bottom dock theme were not. Many of you clicked on the link in the email which brought you to the Mobihand or CrackBerry store. The only way to download the update is to do it over your BlackBerry with the BlackBerry Browser and not over your desktop computer. Before I assist you in downloading the update, please open up your blackberry browser and clear its "content cache".

Step 1: Clear your BlackBerry Browsers "content store". If you do not know how to, simply open up the browser, hit the menu key, and go to "options" then "cache operations". Here, highlight the "clear" button which is just below the content cache size. Clear this and exit. You are now ready to download the update. Also, please make sure that the BlackBerry's Browser is set to "BlackBerry Emulation mode" and not not Internet Explorer or anything else. If you do know what what I am talking about, then it should be set to BlackBerry and you are ok to proceed.

Step 2: Go to Smartphone Software and Smartphone Accessories - MobiHand Store from your blackberry browser. This will open up the mobile version of the mobihand store. This is the same as the crackberry store or any other store you may have purchased my theme at. All of the subsidiary stores are powered through mobihand.

Step 3: On the top right of the Mobile version of the page is a "account" button. Please click this button and wait for it to load. If clicking the button isn't working, try clicking the bottom left portion of the button. You will be prompted to log in. Please use your account email and password. It should be the same one you use for the crackberry store if that is where you purchased it.

Step 4: You will be presented with "my purchases", a list of software that you have downloaded over the course of your MobiHand account. Please find the Curve Replica Theme(s) on your list and click the "download (Version 1.4) or "download (Version 1.4.2)" depending on which theme you have purchased. The link is below the themes name.

Step 5: The download should pop up. Please proceed to download the theme. If it says under the "Version" anything older than 2009.01.28 than you did not clear your content store. Please proceed to Step 1 to do so. The download may prompt you to replace your previous version of the theme. Please allow it to do so. You may also be prompted to restart your device. Again, please allow it to do so. If you followed all of the above steps then you should have no problems. Once your device reboots up, the theme should be reloaded and updated to its newest version.

If you are curious as to what is included in the updates I have listed them below.

Changes to the theme include:

-smaller transmission arrows
    -brighter new item indicator in banner
    -more transparent banner
    -red font for PIN messages
    -smaller font on lock screen
    -smaller font for new items in banner

Again, please make sure that you follow the above steps from your blackberry device and not from a computer. If you receive the update email for the Curve 8900 Replica Theme OS 4.3 or 4.5 later today, you can disregard that email as it only contains the link to your account which is found in Step 1. If you follow all these steps, you should have no problems in installing your update. I am looking into why the update will not work over a desktop computer so that future updates will run more smoothly. I am sorry for all the emails, this is the email that should have been sent out originally, I just wasn't sure exactly how the updates worked since I have never done any before. If you have already received this email today, disregard it. Please let me know if you have anymore questions or comments. Thank you.
    01-29-09 03:08 PM

Hi Tom,

Do you know if you will be releasing the today plus theme with just the messages and calendar yet (omitting the SMS/MMS messages)?
    01-29-09 04:15 PM
    I downloaded the new bottom theme late this morning and it worked fine.

The updates make this theme even better, which I didn't think was possible. Awesome job again.
    01-29-09 06:20 PM
    I am working on getting a mass email list going for everyone. If you have the updates already and you receive the email, or if you receive the update email, please disregard it. The Most current version to the bototm dock theme is 1.4.2. If you have that then you are all set.
    01-29-09 08:44 PM
    I also DL'd the bottom dock update....all is well. Thanks Tom.
    01-30-09 12:01 AM
    The automatic update email that was sent out can be disregarded. I updated the theme Wednesday night and the update email didn't go through until this morning. If you have version 1.4.2. Please disregard it. If you do not, please follow the link in the automatic update email and log into your account. Please find the theme you would like to update from your "my purchases list" under the "download/activate", please click download to either download directly to your phone or have the link to the download sent to your blackberry from your desktop computer. If it says that you have already downloaded the product, please uninstall the old version before going onto the download.

Can anyone confirm that there are download links when they log into their MobiHand Account Online? It should be on the right side of the theme name and have the link to "download".
    Last edited by tom1l21; 01-30-09 at 05:26 AM.
    01-30-09 02:22 AM
1,368 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD